• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: XUV Launched : Edit - All India bookings from 8th June 2012

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by sundar View Post
      1st cut +ves - Good GC, pickup! I have a video file too, will upload it!
      Please upload the video!
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sundar View Post
      I spotted this car last Monday morning on NH45 before Tindivanam. It had a TN registered TC # plate.
      Thalaiva video please..
      2008 Satin Meisai Pearl Mitsubishi Galant
      2012 Black Bajaj Discover 125ST
      2013 Purple Honda Activa-i
      2014 Satin White Mahindra XUV5OO
      2013 Mystique Red Suzuki Ritz
      2017 Urban Blue Suzuki S-Cross

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

One of my known resource from SKS is going to Nasik to work and get trained on W201 OBD. He has promised me some good snaps. Probably by next week I will get everything of this. As per them it is in the range of 14-18L OTR. Korando and Rexton in 10-14L range OTR.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Back to life!!

Awesome

First look - reminds me of Optimus Prime from Transformers...
      Xylo E8 - Black Color
      Indica V2 - Silver Blue

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

As per the recent news W201 will be called as XUV 500

Source : Mahindra XUV500 |Mahindra next generation global SUV | Code name W201

Some quote from the website

Mumbai, September 2, 2011: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), a part of the US $12.5 billion Mahindra Group, today christened its much awaited SUV, project code named W201, as the XUV500 (pronounced as XUV ‘5 double Oh’). Designed and developed entirely in-house by Mahindra, the XUV500 is Mahindra’s first global SUV platform, with significant inputs in styling and development from customers across the globe. In fact, consumer research for the Mahindra XUV500 was carried out in various Western markets, South Africa and India, with testing and validation of the product being done across Europe, Australia and South Africa among others.

Conceptualized with the aim of creating an altogether new category between the Scorpio and high end SUVs, the XUV500 is the next generation SUV targeted at Generation X, where the double O connotes the added Oomph value in the product. The XUV500 is contemporary, truly stylized with sophisticated technologies and incorporates the best-in class global manufacturing quality. The XUV500 is thus the first in a series of next-generation SUVs that will set the stage for the emergence of M&M as a force to be reckoned with in the global automotive arena.
      Designed entirely in-house at M&M’s world class research and development facility the Mahindra Research Valley at Chennai, the XUV500 is also the country’s first indigenously developed monocoque SUV with the first transverse engine offering from Mahindra. What makes the XUV500 truly unique and global is simply the manner in which it was conceived and designed. In fact, all research & development activities for this global SUV were aligned with global standards of quality, technology, testing norms, regulations & emissions from the very start.

The XUV500, thus, is the very epitome of the Mahindra RISE philosophy as its development challenged the limits and conventional thinking, and involved the innovative use of resources. The vehicle will be manufactured at M&M’s future-ready manufacturing facility at Chakan in Maharashtra, where again innovative engineering, state-of-the-art technologies and manufacturing excellence are simply par for the course.

Dr. Pawan Goenka, President, Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors, M&M Ltd. said “We are all set to create a new milestone with the launch of the Mahindra XUV500 which truly embodies and encapsulates the essence of the Mahindra Rise philosophy. Having extensively tested and validated our product with global and Indian customers alike, I am happy to add that we will simultaneously launch the XUV500 in South Africa under the same brand name. I am confident that the XUV500 will follow in the footsteps of its illustrious predecessors to evolve into an iconic brand.”

Mr. Rajesh Jejurikar, Chief Executive, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd. said, “The Mahindra brand has evolved over time. Today it enjoys the strongest equity in the SUV category. Therefore, Mahindra will now be the lead brand for the XUV500. Additionally, with the XUV500 we are attempting to create a new category in the SUV segment, that will not only challenge the conventional but will also certainly translate into double customer delight.”

Last edited by shishirbn; 2nd Sep 2011 at 19:15.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

what status ?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xylouser View Post
      First look - reminds me of Optimus Prime from Transformers...
      Is that before he gets killed by Megatron in the second part or after he is killed ?

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      The XUV500, thus, is the very epitome of the Mahindra RISE philosophy as its development challenged the limits and conventional thinking, and involved the innovative use of resources. The vehicle will be manufactured at M&M’s future-ready manufacturing facility at Chakan in Maharashtra, where again innovative engineering, state-of-the-art technologies and manufacturing excellence are simply par for the course.

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

I think I saw this on the road today, was heavily masked. Looks huge on the road.

^_^
      not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Mahindra’s new SUV finally gets a name – XUV Five Double Oh! (XUV500)

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      Source : Mahindra XUV500 |Mahindra next generation global SUV | Code name W201

Some quote from the website
      Wasted 2-3mins watching this buildup and they never showed the vehicle

Anyways here is more info on this one.

Mahindra XUV500 launch soon, new name announced for Mahindra W201 World SUV and price specifications | DWS Auto India

Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M), today christened their much-awaited global SUV (earlier codenamed W201) as the XUV 500 (pronounced as XUV five double oh).

Initially, one would think M&M was deviating from its nomenclature trend of ending all their vehicle names in O, but no, we were surprised to learn that this actually has two O’s in the name!
      What does XUV 500 mean?

According to Mahindra, the name XUV 500 has a meaning; the double O denotes added ‘oomph’, while XUV 500 is an abbreviation for a Crossover Utility Vehicle. It’s targeted at “Generation X” according to a press release from the company.

Name:  mahindra-xuv500-photo.jpg
Views: 3424
Size:  143.8 KB

The XUV 500 has been developed in-house at M&M’s research and development facility in Chennai and will be manufactured at M&M’s manufacturing facility at Chakan in Maharashtra. The XUV 500 is Mahindra’s first monocoque SUV, and the first SUV to sport a transverse engine layout from Mahindra.

What we know about the XUV 500 so far

mahindra xuv 500 logoThe XUV 500 will be powered by a 2.2-litre m-Hawk engine that makes 138 bhp of max power and mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The all-wheel-drive variant of the SUV will feature a Borg-Warner on-demand 4×4 system for off-road activities. Based on the various spy photographs of the test mules, the new SUV is quite long, about the size of the Tata Aria. The XUV 500 is definitely bigger than any SUV that Mahindra has built so far, with a wider body and longer wheelbase.

The XUV 500 will feature Mahindra’s typical seven-slat grille at the front (as seen in the Mahindra Xylo), turn indictors integrated to rear view mirrors, large dual headlamps and LED daytime running lights. The rear of the XUV 500 will have an MPV look. But the width of the vehicle, with carved out wheel arches hides the MPV styling and also lends it a sporty stance. There are expectations that Mahindra will launch the XUV 500 with many safety features including ABS, ESP, traction control and airbags.

Mahindra W201 will compete with Tata Aria, Skoda Yeti and the Force One.

Price and Launch

The expected price range of the XUV 500 is Rs. 11.50 – 15.50 lakh depending on the variants such as 4×2, 4×4 and yet-to-be-announced trim levels. The XUV 500 will be available both as a front-wheel-drive version and all-wheel drive version. It is likely to be launched at the end of this month to take advantage of festival season bookings.

The name of the W201 has been one of the industry’s best-kept secrets. We think Mahindra has tried to keep a name that will have global appeal, and can be sold across markets without copyright issues. M&M had a problem with the Scorpio name in the U.S. market, as the Scorpio brand is owned by Ford there. Hence the Scorpio had to be named the Appalachian for the U.S. market. XUV 500 is quite neutral, but we did find a nondescript ATV with a similar codename in the U.S. Wonder if that will be a hurdle for the “world” SUV?
      Honk if you want to see my finger!

Now aware!

Awesome

Sooooo..... where is the vehicle?

Looks like a cross over to me; the naming also suggests this.

StarScream
      You don't say...!!!

Awesome

A good effort I believe. Hate the front grill though, I never appreciate large chrome grilles.
      Overall I like the car but doubt whether it will have any takers at its price!
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information