• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royal Enfield classic chrome 500 & Desert storm edition launched

pseudo audiophile

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
      We demand for certain things, but those people are willing to live with the problems. He has a model that was registered some 21-22 yrs ago (beats my Rx)
      My RE was registered in 1965. This was first bought by my father-in-law. Tremendous amount of sentimental value.

It is not easy to describe the feeling of owning an RE, that too an old one. I am proud to say that this is a member of my family.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Too much chrome. Bad! Imagine the amount of rubbing/polishing required. And bottles of vasaline to keep the shine on and rust off. Big no no.
      Why not come out with a little smaller sized bike? I would definitely buy it then. But for now, my legs don't reach down, and I would become superman if I'm ever able to start the bike.

Lost & searching..

Secret

I would become superman if I'm ever able to start the bike
      The new RE is much easier to start with auto-decomp. Agree with you on the difficulty in maintaining a chrome though.

It is not easy to describe the feeling of owning an RE, that too an old one. I am proud to say that this is a member of my family.
      Venkatesan - Hats off to you for the remark. I'm proud to say that I too share the same feeling towards my old Bull.
      There is only one cure for grey hair. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the Guillotine - PGW

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Royal Enfield might launch Desert Storm 500 on September 29th

Name:  Royal-Enfield-Classic-Desert-Storm-500-2.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  42.4 KB

Even as the Royal Enfield Classic 500 commands a waiting period of up to 8 months, Royal Enfield is all set to add two new variants to the Classic range of Royal Enfields Desert Storm variants. Now, a question that you might have in mind is why Royal Enfield is launching new motorcycle variants when the firm is struggling to meet the existing demand. The answer is in the question itself.

The royal Enfield Desert Storm 500 is merely variant of the Classic line of Royal Enfield, which means that apart from the new paint jobs that these motorcycles sport, the rest of the motorcycle, including the mechanicals is bog similar to the Royal Enfield Classic 500. So, what you get in the the Desert Storm 500 is a couple of new paint jobs.

Desert Storm 500 will feature the same super torquey 499cc, single cylinder UCE engine good for 27.2 Bhp of peak power and 41.3 Nm of peak torque. This engine has seen a host of refinements even since the UCE 500′s launch in 2009, with a new remapped ECU making it into the equation, which is said to eliminate jerking to a large extent. Desert Storm 500 will be launched on the 29th of September at Udaipur

Name:  Royal-Enfield-Classic-Desert-Storm-500-1.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  63.8 KB

Source - ICB
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Royal Enfield launches Classic chrome & Desert Storm

Royal Enfield, the iconic bike maker has launched two new bike models- Classic Chrome and Dessert Storm.

• The Classic Chrome is a tweaked version of the 2009 Royal Enfield Classic and is priced at Rs 1,64,400.
      • The other leisure bike that the bike maker launched today at an event in Mumbai is the Dessert Storm which is priced at 1,58,200.

The Classic Chrome

• Fuel tank finished in chrome
      • Wider mudguards and an oval tool box
      • 500 cc twin-spark engine puts out 27.2 bhp of maximum power and 41.3 Nm of torque
      • Leather finished seat which adds to the retro British bike feel.

The Dessert Storm

• "Sand” paint scheme and is sort of a tribute to our soldiers who have protected the honour of our nation, serving for the country in the harshest of environments.
      • The major difference between the two bikes is the unique paint job each one of them sports.

Speaking on the occasion of the launch of the two leisure bikes, Koshy said that the company has added 15 new dealerships and a brand store in the past few months. Royal Enfield is also committed towards giving their customers the best experience possible, added Koshy.
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information