• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike for tall rider

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Bike for tall rider

I sold my 2008 unicorn few weeks back and now in need to get a new bike for local commuting. Being 6 feet tall and just above I'd like to know which bike will suit me better and offer good posture to sit and ride. My only requirement is comfort and ride quality nothing else. Mileage or performance or look is not a concern.
      Please suggest me a bike preferable under or around 80k.
      currently I have these bikes in my mind
      1. Karizma -r (good saddle height and priced around 80-84k, and almost finalized on a white ZMA-R)
      2. CBZ xtreme
      3. Hunk
      4. GS150R
      5. Yamaha SZ-R
      6. Avenger
      I know ZMR would be way beyond my budget and not considering unicorn as an option because I own one before and long wait period, service left me awy from it.
      Any other bike to look for? Need your valuable inputs. Thanks.

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by mhawkk View Post
      Bike for tall rider
      You can read my thread for the review on GS150R. I suggest that you take a TD of this bike and see if you like it. It's a typical commuting bike and is quite tall as well but the bike is a bit on the heavier side(almost 11 kgs more than that Unicorn).

Suzuki GS150R - Ownership Report

I guess that both Unicorn and Hunk share the same engine. So, not sure if you want to try Hunk. Dazzler is another bike that I might add to the above list but since you say that the ASC is far away it may not suit you. But I prefer the Unicorn to the Dazzler.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
      You can read my thread for the review on GS150R. I suggest that you take a TD of this bike and see if you like it. It's a typical commuting bike and is quite tall as well but the bike is a bit on the heavier side(almost 11 kgs more than that Unicorn).

Suzuki GS150R - Ownership Report

I guess that both Unicorn and Hunk share the same engine. So, not sure if you want to try Hunk. Dazzler is another bike that I might add to the above list but since you say that the ASC is far away it may not suit you. But I prefer the Unicorn to the Dazzler.
      The bike GS150R appears cool and very similar to unicorn. But my concern with Gs150R is service center availability in north chennai and also reduced seat height atleast from the picture what I saw, otherwise has everything I needed.

Leave Home ..... Get Lost :)

Awesome

My two cents :
      I am also having the same problem as all 6+ footers have.If you are looking out for comfort riding posture and a well suited bike for you , go for a ZMA-R(Not ZMR) or P220.The SZ-R and Avenger are really uncomfortable for a person of your height( by experience)
      Life is too short for traffic, take the highway .......
      Work life balance is like Air-Fuel mixture.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by phanikar View Post
      My two cents :
      I am also having the same problem as all 6+ footers have.If you are looking out for comfort riding posture and a well suited bike for you , go for a ZMA-R(Not ZMR) or P220.The SZ-R and Avenger are really uncomfortable for a person of your height( by experience)
      I have ridden my bro's avenger. It's not that bad, suspension is very good, seating is too low but legs can be stretched for relaxed posure and yes I will look bad on that. I guess Bajaj is Tata in bikes, value for money in the beginning but starts rattling after time.

+2 ZMA-R. ZMA is out of reach by half price another 2 wheeler.
      Last edited by mhawkk; 1st Aug 2011 at 10:44.

Awesome

mhawkk: How about a bullet?
      Competition setup going active soon ;)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Linea-Lover View Post
      mhawkk: How about a bullet?
      beyond my budget and long waiting period.

Leave Home ..... Get Lost :)

Awesome

I guess Bajaj is Tata in bikes, value for money in the beginning but starts rattling after time.

+2 ZMA-R. ZMA is out of reach by half price another 2 wheeler.
      Any bike in the segment you are looking out for will definitely require some proper maintenance.None of these are "Fill it, shut it forget it" types.It all depends on How you take care of the bike.There are Pulsars running fine that are over 1L kms and there are even ZMA-R( known for their reliability) going for a toss at well over 20k KMS.
      Life is too short for traffic, take the highway .......
      Work life balance is like Air-Fuel mixture.

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

But my concern with Gs150R is service center availability in north chennai and also reduced seat height atleast from the picture what I saw, otherwise has everything I needed.
      Yes, ASC could be an issue in North Chennai.[In fact it's an issue for Suzuki in the Chennai city itself] I could see a dealer in Old Washermenpet, not sure if there are any other ASC's at all. In fact the bike is quite tall, much taller than the Pulsar's and Apache's. So seat height should not be an issue, I guess.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Awesome

went last week to SMK suzuki to inquire GS150R. The bike looks reasonably good except the tank. The bike although appears tall and bulky, the saddle height is too low which keeps my knee hitting the petrol tank. I have to move backward and lean up to feel comfortable. Also I'm worried about the declined seat height which would get me soon near the tank if I ride over potholes and speedbreakers.
      Onroad comes to around 72k with accessories. Waiting period is 10 days as is was promised by sales person.
      The same week had couple other visit to bike showroom, this time to HH. The one at velachery M/S Mohana Motors, the moment I entered I saw a customer fighting with sales ppl there for not delivering the vehicle against promised date. There is no demo vehicle for karizma-r and was told need to wait for another 20 days to see the vehicle atleast. Next visit was Nagappa motos, kilpauk, the place is too crowded, have to wait for 10 mins atleast to be told "yes sir". Probably the busies place looks like, was told the booking queue is huge, have to wait for atleast 1 month for cbz xtreme/hunk and 3 months for karizma-r and zmr. But I can wait no longer than 1 month. I feel like my dream of getting karizma-r is fading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information