• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Afterburner for the T-Jet.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

So let me summarise what I have understood :

AIR stands for freer flowing air intake. It is also designed to suck in colder air

I agree with you that with more cold air flowing into the engine, it's performance should improve. How much . . . . will need back to back test for that . . . sorry that I can't have it on Fluence . . . . Anyway my fluence crossed a grand total of 200 km (in last 16 days) so improved performance is not much of a priority.
      Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

what status ?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Linea-Lover View Post
      The Punto 90 is a classic example. They map the engine in a way that it feels no more powerful than its smaller 75bhp sibling.
      Fiat - Read this for gods sake... its simple you start with the alphabets(A to Z) and then learn words(power, improvement, acceleration), finally graduating to phrases (shouldn't make punto 90 feel like 75, should make the 1.4 worth while) or do you want me to translate this to Italian ?

meh.

Awesome

AIR is short for Air Intake Revision. If I explain in brief, its about feeding the engine with more air which is colder compared to the stock Air Intakedue to the design of the intake hose.
      I'm sorry if i sound stupid, but is this different from cold air intake ?

Awesome

Also as 007 searched for the dyno graphs and pointed out that using an AIR can definitely increase the power of a car. Thanks a lot for that buddy . Whether the Palio 1.2 with AIR can beat a OHC 1.3 or not is completely irrelevant to me. If it cannot, fine, if it can, fine. I don't give a damn. Its basically how the car feels.

The important questions are:
      1. Does the car feel more responsive than before?
      2. Does the car react in a better way in any gear at any rpm better than before?
      3. Is the drive now less stressful than earlier in terms of the no. of gear changes?
      Last and the most important question
      4. Is is burning less fuel?

If the answers to the above question is 'Yes' then the product or kit fitted is doing its job and producing good results that warrants the time, effort and money that went into having it installed. Fuel is saved, driving comfort is increased and the car performance is better.

I shot a short video at a signal today. You can see in the video that I shift to the 3rd gear at 20kmph and the car is easily pulling from there without a shudder. I have not floored the throttle in order to make it move which can me made out from the Ic figures. The moment one floors the throttle it drops to 4kmpl. Eventually I shift to 4th at 40kmph.

Competition setup going active soon ;)

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

Also as 007 searched for the dyno graphs and pointed out that using an AIR can definitely increase the power of a car. Thanks a lot for that buddy . Whether the Palio 1.2 with AIR can beat a OHC 1.3 or not is completely irrelevant to me. If it cannot, fine, if it can, fine. I don't give a damn. Its basically how the car feels.

The important questions are:
      1. Does the car feel more responsive than before?
      2. Does the car react in a better way in any gear at any rpm better than before?
      3. Is the drive now less stressful than earlier in terms of the no. of gear changes?
      Last and the most important question
      4. Is is burning less fuel?
      good, pertinent questions. if a modification results in the above happening, it is worth going for. I need to clarify something though... is that 1.2 just AIR'd or is it remapped too? could you ask Peter and clarify?

He did mention that its just been AIR'd. No remap.
      wow. thats a 10-12 percent torque increase with just an intake. guess Ill believe it for the time being, but I do hope to see this car someday.
      Last edited by 007; 6th Aug 2011 at 13:30.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      I need to clarify something though... is that 1.2 just AIR'd or is it remapped too? could you ask Peter and clarify?
      He did mention that its just been AIR'd. No remap.

Awesome

I had done the 0~100 and 1/4mile runs using Dynolicious. I didn't have Dynolicious before the AIR so I can't compare the two and post the improvement.

The results post AIR are as follows:

0-10 km/h: 1.01 sec
      0-20 km/h: 1.63 sec
      0-30 km/h: 2.38 sec
      0-40 km/h: 3.08 sec
      0-50 km/h: 3.86 sec
      0-60 km/h: 5.29 sec
      0-70 km/h: 6.35 sec
      0-80 km/h: 7.45 sec
      0-90 km/h: 8.80 sec
      0-100 km/h: 10.47 sec
      0-110 km/h: 12.65 sec
      0-120 km/h: 14.46 sec
      0-130 km/h: 16.63 sec

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0035[1].JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	49303

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

I had done the 0~100 and 1/4mile runs using Dynolicious. I didn't have Dynolicious before the AIR so I can't compare the two and post the improvement.

The results post AIR are as follows:

0-10 km/h: 1.01 sec
      0-20 km/h: 1.63 sec
      0-30 km/h: 2.38 sec
      0-40 km/h: 3.08 sec
      0-50 km/h: 3.86 sec
      0-60 km/h: 5.29 sec
      0-70 km/h: 6.35 sec
      0-80 km/h: 7.45 sec
      0-90 km/h: 8.80 sec
      0-100 km/h: 10.47 sec
      0-110 km/h: 12.65 sec
      0-120 km/h: 14.46 sec
      0-130 km/h: 16.63 sec

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0035[1].JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	49303
      Dynolicious and generally any timing software based on a phone GPS receiver tend to be slightly optimistic Linea-Lover. what you want is a VBox. if you want to establish yourself as a partner / vendor, I suggest you invest in one. its not very expensive either and Peter could get you one from the UK - which is where Racelogic, the manufacturers of VBoxes are based.
      I used to run similar software on my HTC HD and found that it showed times anywhere between 0.5 to 1 second quicker than what a VBox showed. the difference is in the refresh rate. while a phone GPS receiver has a refresh rate of 1 Hz, the VBox receiver has a refresh rate of 10 Hz.

you could definitely use Dynolicious to compare before and after performance though. I dont think it will be very difficult or time consuming to bolt on the old intake pipe. the before and after readings will be well worth the effort though.

by the way, with the readings that you posted, you are at par with a stock VTEC in 0-100 and quartermile timings.

007: Dynolicious doesn't work on GPS but on accelerometer of the I-pod / I-phone. I tried a GPS software as well which gave me absolutely wrong results. If I consider them then the 0~100 was in 9.5 secs. But I really don't trust those results and thus haven't even posted them. Lets be real rather than posting stupid figures. Thus I got dynolicious which is pretty pretty accurate. You can google it .

As for the results, I'm not an expert driver that too. I'm sure if it gets in capable hands one can easily shave off another sec .
      interesting. I should find an iPhone and compare Dynolicious against my VBox. also, FYI, I just saw that Fiat claims a 0-100 time of 9.2 seconds for the TJet.
      Last edited by 007; 8th Aug 2011 at 13:42.

Awesome

007: Dynolicious doesn't work on GPS but on accelerometer of the I-pod / I-phone. I tried a GPS software as well which gave me absolutely wrong results. If I consider them then the 0~100 was in 9.5 secs. But I really don't trust those results and thus haven't even posted them. Lets be real rather than posting stupid figures. Thus I got dynolicious which is pretty pretty accurate. You can google it .

As for the results, I'm not an expert driver that too. I'm sure if it gets in capable hands one can easily shave off another sec .

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      interesting. I should find an iPhone and compare Dynolicious against my VBox. also, FYI, I just saw that Fiat claims a 0-100 time of 9.2 seconds for the TJet.
      You should. It'll be a nice learning curve for us. For the time being, this should help.

Yes, the T-Jet does 0~100 in 9.2 but other countries not in India. In the Indian spec as far as I know, its around 11.xx secs . Also as mentioned that I'm no test driver or a race driver who can shift and squeeze the maximum juice out of cars.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information