• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etios/Liva diesel launched

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Etios/Liva diesel launched

Etios diesel is expected to be launched this september in the price range of 6-8 lakhs with 1,4 L engine that also powers the corolla. However it ll come with a FGT instead of VGT that does service in corolla diesel. It ll produce 75 HP power

Here s the link

http://www.autocarindia.com/news/eti...ming-september

Awesome

Good news..this car is eagerly awaited.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

It’s finally official! Toyota India will drop a diesel engine in the Etios sedan and the Liva hatchback on September 9.

In an official quote to Economic Times, Sandeep Singh Deputy Managing Director Sandeep Singh (Marketing) -
      Yes, we are launching the diesel variants of the two cars on September 9. We aimed to introduce the two versions in August, but had to postpone by a month due to the earthquake and tsunami in Japan
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Toyota Etios/Liva DIESEL have an ARAI certified mileage of 23.59 KMPL!

Both these cars will come with the 1.4 Liter D-4D common rail turbodiesel engine, that is also used by the Toyota Corolla Altis Diesel. However, instead of using a variable geometry turbo charger like the Altis, the diesel engines found on the Etios Sedan and Liva Hatchback will use fixed geometry turbochargers. Consequently, the power and torque rating have changed. The 1.4 Liter D-4D engine in FGT guise produces 68 Bhp of peak power and 170 Nm of peak torque.

Toyota will offer ABS and power steering in all the diesel variants of the Etios Sedan and the Liva Hatchback as standard piece of equipment and this is a nice touch considering that ABS is a veritable life saver. Airbags though, are said to be optional on all diesel variants of the Etios Sedan and the Liva Hatchback, which is also a good sign. The Etios Liva Hatchback though will not have a top end diesel variant on offer.

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Toyota Launches Etios Diesel in four different variants - GD, GD (SP), VD & VXD grades range from Rs. 6.44 - Rs 7.87 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Press Release – Toyota Kirloskar Motor Launches Diesel Variants of Etios and Etios Liva

• Superior Performance Engine and High Fuel Efficiency
      • World Class D-4D Common Rail Diesel engine
      • Best- in – class mileage of 23.59 kmpl as certified by accredited test agency
      • Price for Etios Diesel & Etios Liva Diesel starts at 6.44 lacs & 5.54 lacs respectively (ex showroom Delhi)
      • Bookings and deliveries start today

Sept 9th, 2011, Delhi: After the success of the Etios and the recent launch of the Etios Liva, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) today further expanded the Etios product range by announcing the launch of the diesel variants of Etios and Etios Liva. The vehicles are powered with a refined 1.4 litre D-4D Common Rail Diesel Engine that generates maximum power of 68 PS @ 3800 rpm and highest torque of 170 NM @ 1800 – 2400 rpm. Toyota’s D-4D technology, the most advanced diesel technology offered by Toyota, used in Innova, Corolla Altis, Fortuner, Prado and LC 200 has earned a reputation the world-over for its high quality, durability and reliability.
      The 1.4 litre D-4D Common Rail Diesel Engine with intercooler offers an ideal combination of excellent driving performance and best- in – class mileage. The high performance engine of the Etios provides flat torque leading to less gear shifting finally resulting in improved fuel efficiency. The generous levels of torque from 1800 rpm also offers excellent initial and in – gear passing acceleration. The engine recorded a best – in – class mileage of 23.59 kmpl, as certified by accredited test agency.

Etios Diesel is priced in the range of 6.44 lacs – 7.87 lacs ex showroom Delhi and is available in GD, GD (SP), VD and VXD grades
      Etios Liva Diesel is priced at 5.54 lacs ex showroom Delhi and is available in GD and GD(SP) grade.
      The vehicles similar to its petrol variants are being offered in a range of vibrant colours – Symphony silver, Serene Bluish Silver, Celestial Black, Harmony Beige, Vermilion Red, White and Ultramarine Blue (only in Etios Liva). The exteriors and interiors of the petrol variant have been carried over to the diesel variant.

Speaking at the launch, Mr. Hiroshi Nakagawa, Managing Director, TKM said “Etios has been received well by our customers in the petrol segment. We are now offering diesel variant to cater to wider customer choice. The diesel variant will provide our customers fuel economy with high performance. I would like to thank all our customers for their patronage and we look forward to delighting our customers with the ‘Q’ Class Experience.”

Mr. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director, Marketing, TKM said “We are glad to widen the product range available to our customers. The alternative fuel options are being offered in response to customer feedback, however we would like to educate the customer in order to enable them to make the right choice of fuel, subject to the usage of the vehicle. The customers have accepted the Etios and Etios Liva well, we have more than 33,000 happy customers. We are thankful to our customers for the encouraging response.”

Etios Diesel and Etios Liva Diesel Outline
      Exterior

Designed around the concept of ‘Bold Simplicity’. A distinctive front grille with a smile line, sculpted surface and dynamic character-line in the front and rear, enhance the presence of the Etios and Etios Liva. The roof has a unique design for better aerodynamics and clean appearance.

Interior
      The two toned ergonomically designed interiors are comfortable and sporty. The Etios and Etios Liva has best-in-class cabin space, large boot space with 595L capacity for Etios and 251L capacity for Etios Liva , a spacious 13L cooled glove box, seven one litre bottle holders, mobile holder and many more such useful storage spaces inside the car.
      The flat type rear floor design offers comfortable seating for three and ease of movement for rear seat passengers.

Safety
      The Etios Diesel & Etios liva Dieselhas various active and passive safety features like (i) Energy absorbing body shell (ii) Driver & Passenger Air bags and (iii) ABS with EBD and (iv) Seatbelts
      It’s centrally located combimeter reduces eye movement and hence the driver can concentrate on the road.

Special Treatment
      To adopt to the various diverse climate and usage conditions in India, special treatment and countermeasures have been implemented:
      • Good ground clearance of 170mm
      • Under body protection to prevent damage to fuel and brake lines
      • Anti-corrosion steel sheets at areas prone to rusting and stone hits
      • Chipping resistant paint on rocker mould & fender

Awesome

The competition to New Swift Diesel is here in the form of Liva Diesel. Pricing is reasonably competitive. I think Liva and ETios will now put up good numbers month on month. FIGO, new Swift, i20, RITZ, Manza, DeZire could see their numbers eaten away by the Liva / ETIOS diesel version. Good fight for market share is round the corner. Eagerly waiting for the road reviews of the diesel version.
      TOYOTA ETIOS LIVA G -Vermillon Red
      Pioneer AVH 3350BT

meh.

Awesome

What i really like is that the etios is providing all the safety features in the G variant as well. Also the low diesel running costs with the toyota reliability should mae it a winner.

Waiting for a test drive report.

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Had a short test drive of the Liva Diesel today. I'll try and put what I thought.

The first feeling you get once you get inside the car is the cost cutting everywhere. The interior quality is nothing great to write about. The door pads actually go in and feel very flimsy. The Seats also are just ok to sit in and I dont think long drives may be comfortable.

The car starts with the usual diesel engine clatter. First time on a diesel car and the clutch felt quite heavy, but after a couple of minutes, it did not make much of a difference. We were 5 of us in the car including one heavyweight and 2 medium weights and the car moved without much fuss. There is evident turbo lag but the torque soon kicks in and the speed increases. With just 67ps, it is not as powerful as the i20, but it seemed ok. I feel it is impossible to stall the car as the car moves quite eagerly in the 1st Gear.

I managed to touch about 100 quickly and the engine did not seem laboured. The biggest surprise to us was the immense space in the car. Even with the front seats pulled back fully, 3 adults (the heavyweight and medium weights) were able to sit comfortably and even the legspace was very good. It has to be seen to be believed and I was quite impressed by the space . But this meant, the boot is sacrificed and it is not that big.

There is no tachometer and the speedometer is in the middle. The steering feel was not great and is also not as light as the i20, but is still easy to maneuver. One good thing is the ABS and EBD comes as standard. There are only 2 variants, the top one comes with Air Bags extra. The OVRMs provide very good outside visibility.

For just over 6.5 lakhs and the Toyota reliability, this seems a good car.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Another couple of things I forgot to mention. The Car really does ride well over the speed bumps and potholes. The suspension soaks it up and you are not thrown up and down like in the i20 . The steering is not that good to hold like the i20. Just a better version of the one in an Alto I gues
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information