• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hindustan Motors ambitious plans

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Hindustan Motors ambitious plans

There has been lot of critics about HM and their style of business, looks like HM has heard us finally and has come out with some ambitious plans.

Ambassador sales have been sliding for quite some time now as even the Indian government, for long the Ambassador’s biggest patron, has started looking at other options like the Maruti Suzuki SX4 and the Tata Manza. Ambassador being their flagship model and their only model selling in triple digit number, HM wants to revamp its design, engine and exteriors. For doing this, Hindustan Motors has set upon 30 engineers to work on the new Ambassador design that will materialize in August 2012. The Indian automaker has employed the services of Pune based Onio Design to work out the retro appeal of the new Ambassador. Under this comprehensive retro redesign, the heritage and all the features that has endeared the Ambassador to lakhs of people, all through the better part of 5 decades are set to be retained. Along with this, the Ambassador will see a major revamp to bring it to modern times.

The major changes that the Hindustan Ambassador will see is the engine, the transmission and the suspension, all of which form the vital part of a car’s overall modernness and reliability. The 1.8 Liter petrol engine is set to brought up to date while a brand new 1.5 Liter common rail turbo diesel engine will be the new flagship engine of the Ambassador series of cars. The new Ambassador will be available in two forms, a hatchback and a sedan.

The Ambassador Hatchback will measure in under 4 meters to make best use of the Indian government’s duty benefits and will be priced at a super competitive 3.5-4 Lakh Rupees, with common rail diesel engine it will become one of the most spacious retro hatchbacks that the country has ever seen. The retro Ambassador Hatchback with a diesel engine could still be a very compelling buy if HM manages to retail the traditional strengths of the Ambassador as the car exists a tremendous brand recall amongst the young and old alike. This should car should do well in the taxi segment and pose serious competition to Indica.

The Ambassador sedan will compete with c-segment sedans with 1.5 Liter CRDI diesel engine and the 1.8 Liter BS4 petrol engines. While the common rail turbo diesel engine is being developed from scratch, 1.8 Liter Petrol engine will be from Isuzu. The C-Segment Ambassador sedan will have a host of new features like ABS, EBD and leather seats.

August 2012 is when the new Ambassador Hatchback and Sedan will hit the Indian market. HM is also upgrading transmission and suspension of Ambassador.

HM partnership with Mitsubishi hasn’t had a huge success in India, compared to some of the multi-national rivals. HM plans to launch a complete new generation of sports utility vehicle Pajero, a seven-seater variant of the Outlander and upgraded Montero, all from the Mitsubishi stable.

Adding to this, a face-lifted version of Winner and passenger version will soon be rolled out.

Now your thoughts please
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

what status ?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      The Ambassador Hatchback
      God knows how it will look like or may be even he is at the edge of his seat, given that they came up with 'veer' recently in the same money bracket ... Hope it wont have the same front ....

On a serious note, will it be a rear wheel drive

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

The plan for HM is very clear - drop the 'legendary amby'. If they can't then they should start a new firm called 'Super League Motors IPL' - on lines with that group of superheros where there's one batman, a wonderwoman, a superman, etc.
      That is to say that HM can no longer be associated with premium vehicles like Pajero, Lancer, etc.

PS: They should rename the Amby company to 'Babu's Gaadi Public Unlimited Co.' establish somewhere in 1970's, but we lost the records. So bear with us till we find them, or till the time we cease to exist.

BTW, it would be nice to have a look at AMBY HATCH and AMBY SEDAN. I do not consider the current amby as sedan. For me sedan is simply sleek and elegant. Current Amby is MUV like Innova or Xylo. (No offence to Amby lovers). So, any photoshop guys around here?

what status ?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
      Current Amby is MUV like Innova or Xylo. (No offence to Amby lovers). So, any photoshop guys around here?
      I dont want to insult Photoshop developers.

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

industan Motors has set upon 30 engineers to work on the new Ambassador design that will materialize in August 2012.
      Hope, they have hired new engineers, who can bring new ideas into HM rather bunch of same old guys who waste time and money in changing existing old car rather looking forward towards future market.

IMO, this is great move as they really need to bring something new from their stable if they want to survive this competitive market, Also, I think they really need to restructure their marketing style and dealer network (don’t know how much of money their dealers make).

I don't even know when the last time I saw a HM Showroom forget about going to their showroom.

Best example is Mitsubishi, they have finest cars like Cedia and Outlander but lack of dealer network and marketing is killing them.

My best wishes to HM and hope to see some good and valuable product from them.
      Last edited by Ironhide; 11th Aug 2011 at 19:33.
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

I feel that HM should allow Amby to rest in peace instead of killing it again and again. I hope that they come up with completely new models in the 'Hatchback' and 'Sedan' segment.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

what status ?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
      I hope that they come up with completely new models in the 'Hatchback' and 'Sedan' segment.
      Compact versions of the amby have been spotted. So, its higly unlikely.

Truck Driver

Awesome

Better late than never! Good initiative from HM management. I wish they also decide that all their new cars are transported by trucks instead of driving down all the way from Kolkatta!
      Xylo E8 - 2010
      Nano CX - 2012

O_o

Awesome

1.8 Liter Petrol engine will be from Isuzu
      Why why why why why

i think its high time they bury this engine and come up with new motors. also they need to change the design and also put their damn vehicles through a wind tunnel test before they add ABS. what will an ABS do at 40kmph??

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      what will an ABS do at 40kmph??
      Even I was surprised when I saw ABS on an amby . I was like.. WWWHHHHAAAATTTT!!!. Its probably to make the sarkari baboos feel safe .

Amby CS for the GenX is their plan. to HM for this.
      Competition setup going active soon ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information