• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expertise sought again for my Baleno

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Expertise sought again for my Baleno

Hello all,

There are few things I want to do right now-

1. I see the wiper curve marks on the windshield. I've used a lot of shampoo but nothing works. Looks like the windshield has the impression of wiper movements. How do I fix this?

2. I want to fit small red lamps on all four doors such that they light up when the doors open. I've seen such a setup in few cars. Can?

3. I'm also trying to visualize and see if purple color for the dash and few areas on the door panels would look good? Does continuous exposure to heat or sun would spoil the life of dash stock color? Can? I also know it might be really risky.

4. How do I know if the suspension is working good? The car jumps fine when I press it along the rides and release. But when I try to repeat, it projects as if the suspension is locked up due to lack of vacuum or something. A little confused?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions shared.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by stallion.rides View Post
      1. I see the wiper curve marks on the windshield. I've used a lot of shampoo but nothing works. Looks like the windshield has the impression of wiper movements. How do I fix this?
      Previous owner would have used a worn out wiper which would have caused these impression, I guess nothing much can be done here other than replacing the windshield. May be you can wait for some other experts advise.

2. I want to fit small red lamps on all four doors such that they light up when the doors open. I've seen such a setup in few cars. Can?
      These are called puddle lights and yes you can fix it.

3. I'm also trying to visualize and see if purple color for the dash and few areas on the door panels would look good? Does continuous exposure to heat or sun would spoil the life of dash stock color? Can? I also know it might be really risky.
      Dash stock color will not change....Companies would have made it in such a way that they can withstand higher temperature. After market paint work might get faded. Risk is involved in coloring the dash as reflection would be there in the windshield which would obstruct your drive

4. How do I know if the suspension is working good? The car jumps fine when I press it along the rides and release. But when I try to repeat, it projects as if the suspension is locked up due to lack of vacuum or something. A little confused?
      Not sure on this.....mclaren1885 or 007 can answer this.
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Awesome

For windshield best option is going for a new one with new wipers. Buffing is another option but not recommended.
      You can install lights on door sides, led is better option to stick on

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Awesome

But when I try to repeat, it projects as if the suspension is locked up due to lack of vacuum or something. A little confused?
      I guess your struts have slow rebound which appears "locked" for a moment.
      I'm also trying to visualize and see if purple color for the dash and few areas on the door panels would look good? Does continuous exposure to heat or sun would spoil the life of dash stock color? Can? I also know it might be really risky.
      You can paint it, there are dash paints available which have a textured finish without any shine, but again bright purple would be reflected by windscreen anyhow.

Awesome

Thank you for the technical term camchennai. With that term, I tried to google and found that there are no DIYs available for this task. Do you know any place in chennai who is reliable? At GP Road for a simple wheel cap purchase I'd to circle the road thrice just to find some parking space. I was totally frustrated and came back with red face.Replacing wipers should be expensive I guess. I'll try to buff it like our colleague suggested.As for the dash, I'm trying to keep off from it right now until I fix the spoiler(which has been a great challenge for me till now), change dash lights, put in puddle lights and few cosmetic changes.Thank you all for the time to enlighten me. Please suggest any other mods.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      I tried to google and found that there are no DIYs available for this task.
      Sorry which task you are talking about??

Do you know any place in chennai who is reliable?
      What job you want to do??

Replacing wipers should be expensive I guess.
      Its very cheap, please replace the wiper as of now also do keep in mind it will be raining in Chennai following months. So its advisable to replace the wipers ASAP so that your windshield doesn't get more damage.

At GP Road for a simple wheel cap purchase I'd to circle the road thrice just to find some parking space.
      You should always take another person to GP road, while you purchase your items the other person can sit in the car so that if cops comes he can take it from that place and park it some where else. Before the congress office there is one building where you can park your car inside the premises and buy it in the accessory shop, you will have Star auto accessories in the same building.

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Awesome

Hi Camchennai... All my questions were pertaining to the puddle lamps you adviced. I want to have them. I'm sorry for not being clear earlier. Thank you.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      All my questions were pertaining to the puddle lamps you adviced. I want to have them.
      tintu will be able to do it....I will check with him and keep you posted.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      tintu will be able to do it....I will check with him and keep you posted.
      Thank you very much Camchennai. I'll wait for your reply or PM. Hope the project would be cost-effective as well http://gearheads.in/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Hope the project would be cost-effective
      It should not cost more than 500/-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information