• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halogen headlamps and windshield wiper blades for swift dzire

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Halogen headlamps and windshield wiper blades for swift dzire

Hi,

I have a 2 years and 4 months old swift dzire vdi and i have been running on stock halonix headlamps till now. I want to upgrade to some good quality
      halogens to improve visibility while night driving on highways. I don't have plans to go for HID or blue light lamps. I just need some good H4 60/55W lamps with better light than the stock ones. I also got a spare pair of some halogens called JAGAN with my car. I don't think those will be any better than halonix ones. Please throw some light.

I have tried searching on the internet and have read a lot about Philips xtreme power and xtreme vision. Are these really good? How long do these last?

I am corrently living in jaipur. Can anyone suggest some shops and brands available here.

I am also looking for windshield wiper blades as the stock ones are broken.

Also, please let me know if i can replace the headlamps myself or if i would need to get it done from a mechanic.

Please help......

Hastalavista
      Potential to GND

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by vikrant View Post
      I want to upgrade to some good quality
      halogens to improve visibility while night driving on highways.
      I have Philips Ralleye 90/100W for the last 5 years+ Still running fine, never have they been replaced. The higher wattage bulbs have to be used with a Relay kit (Hella is a good option).

If you don't want to go for higher wattage bulbs, then you can very well replace the stock bulbs with Philips Ralleye or Philips Xtremevision series 55/65W bulbs.

let me know if i can replace the headlamps myself or if i would need to get it done from a mechanic.
      You can replace the headlamp bulbs yourself. Take a look at your Dzire's User manual. There will be a page showing clear illustrations on how to go about it.

windshield wiper blades
      Bosch. Look no further. You will get them from most spare-parts shops. It will cost you not more than Rs.300 a pair, IIRC. Again, a DIY job. It's not too difficult to replace the wiper blades
      What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Awesome

Thanks for your reply Nimrod. Any ideas where can i buy xtreme vision in Jaipur or if i can order these online? Do they come with warranty?

Awesome

Any ideas where can i buy xtreme vision in Jaipur or if i can order these online? Do they come with warranty?
      Goyal Automobile Agency
      City: Jaipur
      Address: A-6, Transport Nagar - 302016
      Phone: 91 9414056793

City: Jaipur
      Address: DMC D-205, Ram Marg, Hanuman Nagar
      ,Phone: 91 141 5179482

I Dnt Think They Give Warranty....but they last long enuf.

Awesome

vikrant: go for the 100/90's with a relay. you'll surely be happy for the amount of increase in light they offer when compared to the 55/60's. another option is to get aux lights.
      and regarding the wiper blades, i too would suggest you go with bosch. i'm using them from the past 1 year or so. no problems till date. but IIRC, kb100 had tried most of the aftermarket wiper blades and finally had concluded that the OE ones were the best amongst them. you might want to wait for his comments on this.

Hastalavista
      Potential to GND

Awesome

vikrant - as for auxilliary lamps, you can consider upgrading the bulbs of the front fog lamps using the Amritas P8 projector kit. But it costs around 10k, as against the headlamp bulb upgrade to 100/90, which would set you back by around 1.5k including the relay kit. Both require expert hands because you wouldn't want to risk your electrical system. autohead and I have Hella Micro DE aux lamps in our M800s. This thread has some pics (pages 2 and 4).

Regarding wipers, take my word for it - I've tried almost all available brands available in the market - from MGP blades to the ultra cheap stuff. Get Bosch blades, they're the most reliable ones.
      What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
      I have Philips Ralleye 90/100W
      Philips Ralleye 90/100 are the most tried and tested ones. Many of us have upgraded to the same and quite happy. Costs around 500 including the wiring kit.
      Don't bother with the expensive 55/60 offerings like Osram Night Breakers. They are no way as effective as 90/100s.

Bosch is good. You can also try Hella wipers if they are available. I shifted from Bosch to Hella and like Hella ones more.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
      Costs around 500 including the wiring kit.
      are you sure?? because i got a quote for around 1k here.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sriharsha View Post
      IIRC, kb100 had tried most of the aftermarket wiper blades and finally had concluded that the OE ones were the best amongst them. you might want to wait for his comments on this.
      Yup I have!

Most wiper blades need to be changed every year - they generally dont last longer(the working edge deteriorates) . I don't know about the other brands but as far as my Hyundai Accent was concerned, nothing came close to the efficiency and longevity of the OE ones. Another advantage with Hyundai is that you can change just the rubber element - without changing the whole arm/assembly! (used to cost some 45 odd bucks)

I normally schedule my Blade changes just before the onset of Monsoon every year. Sees me thru till the next!
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Awesome

Hi,

I have a 2 years and 4 months old swift dzire vdi and i have been running on stock halonix headlamps till now. I want to upgrade to some good quality
      halogens to improve visibility while night driving on highways. I don't have plans to go for HID or blue light lamps. I just need some good H4 60/55W lamps with better light than the stock ones. I also got a spare pair of some halogens called JAGAN with my car. I don't think those will be any better than halonix ones. Please throw some light.

I have tried searching on the internet and have read a lot about Philips xtreme power and xtreme vision. Are these really good? How long do these last?

I am corrently living in jaipur. Can anyone suggest some shops and brands available here.

Also, please let me know if i can replace the headlamps myself or if i would need to get it done from a mechanic.

Please help......
      I woud'nt recommend either Philips Xtreme or Philips Xtreme Vision.Though they claim to be 80% and 100 % more brighter than the OE bulbs respectively, they are actually better by approximately 20% -25%.

They only improve your low beam to a great extent and not much improvement in terms of the high beam (personally using Philips Xtreme on my car from the past 1 year).

As recommended by everyone 90/100 is the ideal upgrade for highway driving. anything with 55/60 is useless.

If still you want to stick on 55/60, my pick would be Osram Nightbreaker Plus,they are far better than philps xtreme or xtreme vision.
      Last edited by Trojan; 22nd Aug 2011 at 14:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information