• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: MBIL to launch new C-class on September 01

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

MBIL to launch new C-class on September 01

Last week we saw 2 German marquee launching new products and this has made MBIL to come with a launch, Yes MBIL is all set to launch all new C-Class this September.The car will be launched on September 1st at an event in Delhi. The new Mercedes- Benz C-Class gets few changes to the exterior including new headlights and bumpers. The mid-life makeover is aimed at freshening up the old C-Class to take on the upcoming new models from the rivals. The chief among which is the new BMW 3-Series which will debut at the Frankfurt motor show in mid-September. As far as the changes are concerned, the new C-Class gets redesigned headlights and front bumper with integrated LED daytime running lights.

Rest of the car is similar to the current model that is on sale at the moment. Not much has changed under the hood either. The C-Class will get an optional of two diesels and one petrol engine. The 1.8 litre 4 cylinder petrol engine puts out 186 bhp and 285 Nm of torque. The base diesel gets a 2.2 litre engine putting out 170 bhp and 400 Nm while the top-of-the-line diesel with a 2.2 litre capacity puts out 204 bhp and 500 Nm. Mercedes-Benz India also offer the hotter and madder C63 AMG version to its Indian customers. A refreshed version of the 6.3 litre V8 monster will be available later on

Inside the car, the interior has been reworked to keep up with latest Mercedes-Benz traditions of interior design. Audi too is preparing a facelift for the Audi A4 along with BMW. It will be interesting to see when BMW launch the new 3-Series in India after its worldwide debut at Frankfurt. Among the triad of German luxury cars, the BMW seems to have got the biggest makeover this time. The new Audi A4 will get new headlights designed on the lines of the new Audi A6 which was launched recently. That said, Prices of all the three cars are expected to be competitive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-car-image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	51052

Name:	Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-rear-image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	51051

Name:	Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-interior-image.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	51053

Source - ICB
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Mercedes Benz launch C-Class facelift

The new C-Class is priced at 29.79 lakh (C200 CGI) and 32.30 lakh (C250 CDI diesel) ex-showroom, New Delhi.

Press Release

Mercedes-Benz India ushers in new era of contemporary design and luxury:

Launches the New C 200BE AVANTGARDE

The launch of New C 200BE AVANTGARDE signifies the arrival of the contemporary profile of the hallmark and legendary C-Class with a stylish presence more than ever before with the introduction of the Panoramic sunroof

Introduction of comprehensive safety package: The C-Class will feature – Attention Assist and Parktronic including Parking Guidance for the first time ever in its segments

Striking interiors: With completely redesigned dashboard with integrated central display, new instrument cluster with colour display, high-grade trim and a wide choice of colours and materials for the line-specific interior appointments
      Intelligent Light system & LED day time running lights add to the attractive exterior design of the New C-Class highlighting the dynamically shaped headlamps and seamlessly integrated tail lights, with a powerful new front Bumpers

New Delhi: Mercedes-Benz India today introduced the New C 200BE characterized by its distinct sporty & aggressive look while retaining its classic luxury & appeal. Setting new standards in its segment, the spectacular new generation C-Class offers a new presence that integrates safety, comfort and agility. Mirroring one of the most important iconic model series, this C-Class is the epitome of luxury and comfort.
      Mr. Debashis Mitra, Director Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India: “The New C-Class, with its complete redesign both external and internal, will continue to set newer benchmarks in design, quality and luxury for the segment. With features that are stylish and luxurious like the first ever Panaromic Sunroof in this segment, this latest generation of the best-selling Mercedes model offers the highest level of remarkable driving experience to the Indian consumer. Setting new standard in its segment, this New C-Class will occupy an excellent position in the competitive line-up.”
      The New C 200BE continues the exemplary visual appeal of its predecessors while simultaneously creating a more masculine appearance. The front and rear of the vehicle have been provided with a distinguished overhaul, with pronounced body parts. Equipped with distinctive contours in the front, the seamlessly blended LED taillights and the dynamically shaped headlamps offer an unparalleled intelligent advantage. A distinctive new bumper design allows the car to display its masculine prowess even as the alloy wheels provide a resolute impression of the car. At the rear, emphasis has been given to create a light pattern that is seamless with an emphatic pattern. Aditionally, the spectacular sunroof reflects the dynamic characteristic of its driver more expressively, providing the driver a superlative experience.
      With a redesigned dashboard, new instrument cluster, equipped with an integrated color display and revamped upholstery, the New C-Class has witnessed a complete makeover in its interiors, offering the customers a deluxe travelling opportunity.
      AGILITY CONTROL package with the selective damping system, provides a customised style of vehicle handling, showcasing the vehicle’s technological prowess. With functions such as PRE SAFE and NECK PRO, ADAPTIVE BRAKE with ABS and ASR, brake drying function and hill start assist, Thermatic Cruise control, fog lamps and rain sensors the car offers outstanding levels of safety for the passengers
      This New C-Class is equipped with a 4 cylinder petrol engine with 7-Speed Automatic Transmission, which enables reduced fuel consumption while delivering high output and torque for unmatched driving pleasure. As the world’s premier automobile manufacturer, Mercedes Benz takes its responsibility for environment care very seriously. Which is why, we are constantly engaged in improving every aspect of automotive technology to reduce the impact on the environment.

Mercdes Benz C200 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde features

Panaromic sunroof
      Attention assist
      Parking guidance
      Intelligent headlight
      LED daytime running lights
      Agility control Package
      Selective damping system
      Pre Safe and Neck Pro safety features
      Adaptive brakes with ABS and ASR
      Brake drying function
      Hill climb assist
      7 speed Automatic transmission
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

O_o

Awesome

Now is the time for all prospective buyers to go in for the older models which will carry good discounts. what say P3T3R

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      Now is the time for all prospective buyers to go in for the older models which will carry good discounts. what say P3T3R
      With my budget I can think of anything above the Executive. This model has a less powerful engine than the Elegance & Avantgrade. I haven't driven the Executive. The Avantgrade more or less matches the 320D. So not too keen on the less powerful engine of the Executive. The Corporate Edition of the 320D on the other hand has the same engine as the higher variants. Waiting for the new 3 series to be launched.
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
      Waiting for the new 3 series to be launched.
      what about the A4? that will be phased out too with a new model. any luck on that?

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      what about the A4? that will be phased out too with a new model. any luck on that?
      I have asked for the TD. Will be able to do it once the TD car comes from Pune. However leaning towards BMW because of BSI. Audi does not have a dealer in Goa. They will be opening an A.S.S. by december though.
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

A friend of a friend is selling a Mercedes Benz C250. I have seen the car in the past once but not driven it. He says it's a 6 cylinder petrol, gives single digit milege and is very powerful. I searched the net for the C250 petrol and all the results give a 1.8 L 4 cylinder engine. Now is this car a rebadged C230 Avantgarde V6?
      Test Drive - Mercedes Benz C230 Avantgarde
      The car is a 2011 model and he's quoting 15 Lakhs. If it is the V6, how much is it worth?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
      A friend of a friend is selling a Mercedes Benz C250. I have seen the car in the past once but not driven it. He says it's a 6 cylinder petrol, gives single digit milege and is very powerful. I searched the net for the C250 petrol and all the results give a 1.8 L 4 cylinder engine. Now is this car a rebadged C230 Avantgarde V6?
      Test Drive - Mercedes Benz C230 Avantgarde
      The car is a 2011 model and he's quoting 15 Lakhs. If it is the V6, how much is it worth?
      V6 Petrol is the 350 variant, comes in E Class onwards. If its the W204 C250 Petrol, it must be the 1.8 liter turbocharged engine producing 201 BHP.
      Although, I don't remember MBI selling C250 Petrol in 2011.

My W205 C200 also averages single digit. But is hoot to drive!
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde
      1996 Mercedes-Benz E220

2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      2017 Isuzu D-Max V Cross: PX5 Android HU -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| Sony XM-GS4 | Kravchenko KAXBLTWT & HAT Legatia L6SE | Boston GT2125 | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | SounDigital SD250.1| Infinity REF1200S
      2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
      V6 Petrol is the 350 variant, comes in E Class onwards.
      There was a C350 too but not in India.

If its the W204 C250 Petrol, it must be the 1.8 liter turbocharged engine producing 201 BHP.
      That is what Google results show. But there was a thread on TBHP about the C250 petrol and it was mentioned that MB had changed the nomenclature so the C230 Avantgarde (2.3 L V6) was changed to C250. The for sale is definitely a 6 cylinder. I presume it's a V6 as I have not heard of a Mercedes Benz 6 cylinder inline. Anyway I've asked for the VIN number and photos, so lets see.

Not sure about the W204 or 205 but this is the model after the one with twin round headlamps and the model before the present generation C Class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
      V6 Petrol is the 350 variant, comes in E Class onwards.
      There was a C350 too but not in India.

If its the W204 C250 Petrol, it must be the 1.8 liter turbocharged engine producing 201 BHP.
      That is what Google results show. But there was a thread on TBHP about the C250 petrol and it was mentioned that MB had changed the nomenclature so the C230 Avantgarde (2.3 L V6) was changed to C250. The for sale is definitely a 6 cylinder. I presume it's a V6 as I have not heard of a Mercedes Benz 6 cylinder inline. Anyway I've asked for the VIN number and photos, so lets see.

Not sure about the W204 or 205 but this is the model after the one with twin round headlamps and the model before the present generation C Class.

Thread Information