• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunt for petrol hatch :Ford Figo EXi vs Honda Brio E vs i10 Kappa2

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hunt for petrol hatch :Ford Figo EXi vs Honda Brio E vs i10 Kappa2

Planning to buy a petrol hatch, Budget under 4.5L OTR Goa. That left me with options, Figo EXi, i10K2 and the newly launched Brio. The car is for my dad though no issues with ingress/egress etc.
      My requirements:
      1. Space, Figo scores highly here
      2. Reasonable quality/reliability, No idea about Figo though other two feel
      3. Good to drive, Dad likes something sturdy so Japs and Koreans score low here.
      4. Good build, Figo feels like built to last while i10 feels like tin box, no offense.

Recap, Been researching for over a month now and booking the car coming weekend. TDed i10 and Figo and finalized i10 as somehow i felt Figo was quite bumpy though i had been drooling over Figo since long time (later it turned out that tires were over-inflated). Tried a whole night to convince myself for i10 but that vague steering, the small car feeling and highway stability issues kept coming back. i10 scores over interiors but they are really an overkill for me. I just need something that will last without any rattles!
      Now my questions for the experts here.
      I plan to keep the car for 6-7yrs. Of late i have been reading about some teething issues with Figo. For eg Squeaking suspension/Brakes, Headlights etc. Considering this is a new launch(1.5yrs), what is the possibility of Ford working on these issues and sorting them out+ passing on the same to existing users.
      Just to add the recently launched Brio in equation, the base model is 3.99L with all that I require, Figo at 4.05L and i10 something similar. Brio looks good until it spoils show with that glassy rear, personal taste after all!
      My heart still beats for Figo, so in a way looking for some solace to book Figo over other shortlists. I just wish the car does not disappoint me over period of time.

Been a long post, thanks for reading Now suggestions please.

PS: If am wrong somewhere, please feel free to correct me.
      Last edited by akshay380; 27th Sep 2011 at 20:39.
      Akshay Prabhu Gaonkar

Awesome

Figo will score for a win among your list! I myself own a Figo 1.2 since a year and it justifies fully my decision till date. I decide over Figo considering space, handling, riding, decent look, safety features, initial cost, etc. It's mileage (FE) is not best in the class but on side by side comparison with other brands it scores equally well and sometimes unexpectedly better.

As far as bumpy ride is in concern, I would like to tell you that, it has little bit stiffer suspension (rear) and its a compromise for better handling! At the same time I would like to say that softer suspension will bring the body role and handle poor while cornering!

You can find other details of your interest in my ownership review Practical Hatchback, Decent Performer & VFM – Figo 1.2 Petrol

Brio looks good to my eyes, but tailgate made up of glass is cause to worry! I believe it will return good FE. Boot space and boot management will be the point of concern.

i20, Micra, Ritz, Liva, Punto, etc are some other options you can explore.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Please check out Brio and then decide, Brio is relatively new product and its launched globally, I am sure it would satisfy your needs
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Dicored!

Awesome

Out of the three cars you've listed, I would go for the Figo. Except for the low ground clearance and issues with undercarriage hits on medium sized speed breakers, I did not see any other issues with the car ....this opinion is only from the experience of the recent test drives I did on almost all of the hatch backs available

Moreover, the Figo has been one of the highest selling cars in that segment AFAIK and I haven't heard much issues from owners of the car as such.
      Last edited by kairalee; 27th Sep 2011 at 21:23.
      https://www.facebook.com/ThaenMadurai/

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Personally I would recommend the I10.

+ Proven/Reliable/Peppy engine.
      + No known/Or significant niggle issues.
      + Interior quality - a notch above cars from the same segment.

The one initial drawback against Brio is that it is a new car and so it's very early to talk about its overall performance.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Awesome

Thanks for the inputs guys. Dev11 ownership thread was very much helpful. My requirements are exactly the same albeit lesser running.
      Regarding i10, Yes it is a good product but has been in market for over 4years now and has improved over time. Also afaik it had/has steering rattle issues. I hope Ford does follow Hyundai in sorting out these niggles. Also I must add that i10 is perfect to drive in city but on highways it feels too light. My car will spend 90% time on highways though short trips.
      Most important reason why I like Figo is, It makes me smile every time i see it on road. Only car which could do that was the good old Lancer :
      Akshay Prabhu Gaonkar

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
      Also afaik it had/has steering rattle issues.
      This was with i20 and not with i20.

Most important reason why I like Figo is, It makes me smile every time i see it on road.
      If your heart says Figo then go with it, after all you its your hard earned money So buy something for your satisfaction
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Awesome

Booked a Figo 1.2 EXi, Diamond White on Sunday. I casually asked dealer if they have any pre-june stock(to see if am being sold a old car) available. He said no, but to my surprise, next day he told me they have a car suiting my requirement, and that they will give me free insurance for it. I asked for the VIN number and it turned out to be a April 2011 model, which dealer himself told me too when i enquired. I refused to accept it and asked for a September 2011 manufactured model. They said ill get it by October end/Nov start but no freebies. Fingers crossed now.
      Thanks all for the inputs.

PS: I had earlier booked ZXi but then decided to trim down to EXi spend extra 27K on alloys and basic Music player.
      Last edited by akshay380; 4th Oct 2011 at 15:34.
      Akshay Prabhu Gaonkar

Awesome

So my car is in transit from Chennai plant now. Got the VIN number from the dealer. Its an October make Figo 1.2 ZXi Moon Dust silver. White was NA so I opted for Silver.
      Hoping to get the car by 7th November. gjbarani When is your car coming?
      Akshay Prabhu Gaonkar

The Wandering Monk

Awesome

So my car is in transit from Chennai plant now. Got the VIN number from the dealer. Its an October make Figo 1.2 ZXi Moon Dust silver. White was NA so I opted for Silver.
      Hoping to get the car by 7th November. gjbarani When is your car coming?
      Hi akshay380, I am getting my car delivered on 01-Nov-11 (coming Tuesday); dealer screwed up with RTO registration which was supposed to be done yesterday; otherwise i would have received delivery today

And akshay380, white is the most favorite colour in Figo and it should be available in plenty; dont compromise on the colour just because the dealer cooks up a story..

Another help; how do you manage to "mention" my name in the posts so that it appears as a link to my profile? I just type your name as akshay380; how do i "mention" your name in a post? Thanks !
      Mad-About-Cars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information