• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Firing at Suzuki plant in Gurgaon, workers intensify agitation

<invisible>

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
      These murderers deserve no sympathy.
      A friend of mine said... he might not be comfortable anymore booking a car, worked up on by such murderers during a conversation today...
      It is really sad and inhuman about what they did.
      Last edited by shyamhegde; 20th Jul 2012 at 17:47.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Of course it will just accelerate the move of Maruti to Modiland.
      Where 100s of innocent people were killed in the name of communal violence for political gain?

Modiland is no fairyland for heaven's sake.

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
      Where 100s of innocent people were killed in the name of communal violence for political gain?
      This is very sensitive issue and please don’t drag this into the discussion or on the forum.

Whatever happened there in 2002 has got nothing to do with manufacturing units moving into that state.
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

Just saw Bottomline of yesterday which I had recorded. The attitude of the Labour Minister of Haryana, Mr Sharma (immediately after the programme) was shocking to say the least. Chalta hai, so what???
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

Awesome

Chalta hai, so what???
      Good for Gujarat. Modi is in Japan and Suzuki will move its major operations to Gujarat.

Off Topic: Recent events in the country have just proven and strengthened the fact that people in power are extremely inhuman, immoral and just don't give a damn to what is happening around.
      Competition setup going active soon ;)

Awesome

Now that's wonderful news if Maruti cars are going to be rolled out from Gujarat. Modi Sir will surely offer better incentives to develop Gujarat. Let's hope for the best.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
      Last edited by dr.faramroze; 22nd Jul 2012 at 01:47.

Music...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
      Being in this industry, i can easily tell you what was the cause of this incident.

Primary Cause - B school graduates from top 10 or 20 b-schools who are employed by the company. Not all of them but most of them.

They are totally ignorant towards the labor condition in the plant and treat the workers like the junk of society. It happens in all car plants in india. They treat the workers as shit.

Workers, being uneducated and also having a rough upbringing and also having a labor union can get violent very easily as the union is backed by some thugs, gundaas or politicians.

Wow! That is a bit generalising. Are you from the top 10 or 20 b-schools? (also am given to understand that the top b-schoolers completely do not join the auto industry, because at the management levels, it simply does not pay enough)

Without getting into sensitivities of the fact that a person has lost his life and a family their breadwinner, ( which others have already addressed), does it not seem a bit dichotomous to you that the uneducated somewhat lumpen workforce at Maruti has an almost textbook like knowledge of the Industrial disputes act?

Also, I guess you do know what the compensation that the "treated like junk of society" earns? A junior associate-1 earns 15k+ pm. How does that compare with other industries? BPOs? This is a worker at the beginning of his career.

While I have no reference to the auto industry directly ( the data supplied is googled) I have had some interaction with the ID act and I know that separation of a "workman" as defined by the act, is very difficult, even with substantial, concrete evidence of wrongdoing. Workers, tend to take advantage of this.

Also, if you google, you may realise that Maruti was union free for the largest period of time. And this was the most harmonious time for worker-management relations. Go figure..

Disclaimer, neither I, nor my immediate family or friends work in the auto industry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kdp

Disclaimer, neither I, nor my immediate family or friends work in the auto industry.

That says it all doesn't it. There is no need for me to argue then. I have worked for a lot of years at an automotive plant and yes i am a graduate from a top 10 B school. So you should visit an automobile plant in India and then see the attitude of the management towards the workers and that of the workers towards the management and you will know what i mean.
      Last edited by Mustang.101; 22nd Jul 2012 at 09:41.
      Ford Fiesta 1.6 (2010),
      Ford Fusion+ TDCi (2010),
      Trek 3500 (2012)
      In France or Belgium till march 20.

Music...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kdp View Post
      I realised just after posting that I should have clarified this.. i wrote that to say that I have no vested interest in promoting a current point of view. it is a present tense view, not a past tense view. I know, at a very close personal level people who have worked in Motown from the CEO level downwards and have colleagues (and spouses of colleagues) who work/have worked extensively in both the auto and auto ancillary industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
      That says it all doesn't it. There is no need for me to argue then. I have worked for a lot of years at an automotive plant and yes i am a graduate from a top 10 B school. So you should visit an automobile plant in India and then see the attitude of the management towards the workers and that of the workers towards the management and you will know what i mean.
      B-school and then an auto plant? that's more than a bit unusual.. I don't know about currently, but 10yrs ago Auto companies preferred to recruit from E-school and not b-school; more relevant and cheaper.. but I'll take that at face value.

What I find more difficult to take at face value is statements you made in previous posts about the way the management speaks and the examples you used. two issues

1. some words you mentioned can be construed as a direct violation of the SC atrocities act. Unlikely a labour union that breaks offices and murders people would let such a juicy bargaining lever go.
      2. In any HR/IR negotiation, it is highly unlikely that any such words will be used (Regardless of personal views). For a Manager using any derogatory words is pretty much a quick way of getting management to sack you. The IR person's delivery is cessation of the industrial dispute not prolongment. and yes, before you ask, i have a lot of interaction in the HR/IR fraternity - family and friends..

Also, the C-level connections that I mentioned above, means that I have visited Auto factories. Compared to most other factories across, even within Gurgaon, the work conditions are pretty good. (given that you are making an automobile). have you seen factories of other industries in various parts of the country?

Look, don't want to take issue with you. Request you not to make sweeping generalisations.
      Last edited by kdp; 22nd Jul 2012 at 11:32.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kdp

I realised just after posting that I should have clarified this.. i wrote that to say that I have no vested interest in promoting a current point of view. it is a present tense view, not a past tense view. I know, at a very close personal level people who have worked in Motown from the CEO level downwards and have colleagues (and spouses of colleagues) who work/have worked extensively in both the auto and auto ancillary industry.

B-school and then an auto plant? that's more than a bit unusual.. I don't know about currently, but 10yrs ago Auto companies preferred to recruit from E-school and not b-school; more relevant and cheaper.. but I'll take that at face
      Look, don't want to take issue with you. Request you not to make sweeping generalisations.

Good for you mate. Generalizations are being made by you who does not belong to this industry.

E-school? Really ? What about the guys in finance, accounts, hr etc? They are all engineers ? (generalizations made by you)

Anyways its futile to discuss anything with you so consider this as my last interaction with you.

Anyways @others : what is the latest on the manesar plant?
      Ford Fiesta 1.6 (2010),
      Ford Fusion+ TDCi (2010),
      Trek 3500 (2012)
      In France or Belgium till march 20.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information