• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Journey of Becoming a Hybrid Audio Technologies Distributor for India and Sri Lanka

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

My Journey of Becoming a Hybrid Audio Technologies Distributor for India and Sri Lanka

Hi Everyone...

It all started a few months back when the upgrade bug caught up with me, again. This time it was back to car audio. As any other audio enthusiast looking for a upgrade; I approached a few forum members, roamed the streets looking at car audio shops, talked to a lot of people and asked for suggestions on audio forums.

While doing all of this I kept coming across a brand of speakers called Hybrid Audio Technologies (HAT) in the US. Unfortunately it was not available in India and getting it from the US was turning out to be way more than the US retail price. I decided to go with another speaker brand readily available in India.

I mistakenly thought I was rid of the bug . Sitting at a coffee shop on a Friday evening in Bangalore, I decided to drive to Chennai and check out a forum members (Donarun) set up with HAT speakers. I really liked it however a thought kept bothering me, as to why I needed to pay way more for car audio in India in comparison to customers in other countries. A few days later I decided to take control and approached HAT with a proposition to be their sole distributor for India and Sri Lanka. Many sleepless nights and we have finally signed the contract yesterday under the name BeeSound Inc.
      I wanted Gearheads to be the first place where I post this since many members like Donarun, Mi10, Gilead, Khoj, Karanbhatia and many others, knowingly and unknowingly helped me in my journey.

This also brings me to another point. My entire business model is built on running lean operations and minimizing handshakes across the supply chain to ensure customer centric pricing. I am sharing a link with the July 2011 retail pricing of HAT products in the US; I plan on selling at almost the same prices in India as what the US customers pay. Before I place the initial order I wanted your thoughts on what would be the best product mix to get to India? I felt that the collective wisdom of this forum can help with this as well, like it has in the past with my upgrades http://www.hybrid-audio.com/July_2011_Retail.pdf

Thank you!!

Warmly,
      Jasdeep (Jesse)

People asking for status
      update

Awesome

This is really a very good initiative..bringing such great brands into India and helping people with their ICE is a definitely a service to ICE Mankind.

God Bless You!!

Please look into some great Amplifier brands also...Like

1. DLS Ultimate/Reference Series
      2. Zed Audio
      3. ARC Audio
      4. ZAPCO

The above are some of the brands that we crave for but do not get the opportunity to lay our hands upon them. Please see what you can do about these amps also..

Awesome

Thank you sir. Your note lifted my spirit. It has been a difficult decision to take and I am convinced each day that it is the right one.

BeeSound plans to start selling HAT in India by Dec 2011 and within the next two quarters we will add multiple accommodating lines. I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind.

O_o

Awesome

woah.. thats cool. congratulations.

where exactly in India do you have the current setup? will you also be opening exclusive stores all over India??

slacker

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      where exactly in India do you have the current setup? will you also be opening exclusive stores all over India??
      Jasdeep is currently based outta Banglore, quite near to you

Awesome

Thank you

BeeSound Inc. is headquartered in Bangalore and will act as our central distribution hub. Since our pricing model is to ensure Indian customers pay no more than US prices, we will keep minimal overhead costs. Having said that, we will work only with a few reputable car audio installers/retailers/audio enthusiasts in some of the major cities and appoint them as dealers. Customers in other cities can order internet direct through our website, which will launch in Dec 2011 once the first consignment arrives.

We are open to your suggestions on cities and dealers to target based on your experience. Also pls pass the word around that we are looking to appoint dealers for HAT across India and Sri Lanka. We can be reached at sales@beesound.in and customerconnect@beesound.in

Warmly,
      Jesse

Awesome

zoso02 I salue your entrepreneurial spirit! All the very best with your new venture. Hopefully we'll see a lot of HAT installs on this forum in the near future. I would think that the Imagine and Clarus lines will sell decently if priced well.
      I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

Awesome

Thank you kind sir. Yes both the Imagines and Clarus will be priced well and there is also a new line between the two called "Unity" a.k.a Junior Clarus These are two way component sets released in 2011.

Reboot
      Curiosity killed the cat;
      Insecurity killed the man

Hungry

Congrats Jasdeep for this wonderful start. Going by your write up, I am sure BeeSound Inc. is going to rock the ICE market. The ICE brotherhood in GH is very friendy and can help you reading the pulse of ICE market to an extent. Do leverage the same.

HAT is an wonderful brand and i think Imagine and Unity can serve as a bread and butter range. However i also request you to bring in Clarus and the famed Legatia range. I know the market for individual drivers (read Legatia Pro range) is very less at this point of time, but i think it will pick up sometime by late 2012, as a slew of advanced processors are getting launched early next year.

I am sure you would have formed the Vision and Mission of your Company. But all i can say is, if you can get items at even 15%-20% more than the US prices, i am sure you're going to do extremely well, as ICE market is very price sensitive, esp the budget end. Also you should be working overtime on the marketing front. HAT here means the one the we wear over the head .
      Apart from this, i would also like brands like;
      Arc Audio (Amps - Budget and Medium end)
      Precision Power (Speakers, Amp - Budget and Medium end)
      DLS (Speakers, Amps - Medium and High end)
      Diamond Audio (Speakers, Amps, Subs - Medium end)
      Scanspeak (Drivers - Medium and High end)
      RF (Amps, Subs - Medium and High end)

Cheers
      mi10
      RIP Penguin May 2013 - Dec 2015

Awesome

Thank you Mi10. I really value your feedback and will definitely look at all aspects suggested by you.

I am looking at a mix of products across the value chain and still working out the finer details of pricing, mission, vision, marketing mix etc. It has been a bit of a roller coaster ride over the last few days!

The Facebook and Twitter pages will be out soon and once I place the first order with HAT; the India price list would be out in the open

Warmly,
      Jesse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information