• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Right Decision - Buying & Owning a Figo 1.4 Titanium - Our Colorado Queen :-) 8+ Years & 1.20 Lakh+ Kms of blissful ownership

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Evolution88 Nice and detail write up for your ownership experience. Points you want to put forward are explained excellently.

What you wrote about DTE is absolutely true, but it is predictable.

Do you know whether FASS people use "Rain Repellent" on windshield? I actually avoided to apply it on windshield due to the worry about mist accumulation. But if FASS use it, then I will definitely do it on regular basis. I asked to my SA but he couldn't answer firmly. Had to ask the concern person, but he was not there at that time.
      Last edited by Dev11; 14th Oct 2011 at 16:37.

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
      Evolution88 Nice and detail write up for your ownership experience. Points you want to put forward are explained excellently.
      Thanks...

Do you know whether FASS people use "Rain Repellent" on windshield?
      Will check it tomorrow & update you...

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88 View Post
      Will check it tomorrow & update you...
      Dev11 : I checked with the Service Center & they said that they use the soap solution only to clean the Windshield & not using the Rain Repellent.

Awesome

Dev11 : I checked with the Service Center & they said that they use the soap solution only to clean the Windshield & not using the Rain Repellent.
      Thanks. But I still believe that they have used rain repellent on my windshield after cleaning/washing/drying! Windshield is cleaned using a machine, which they use to rub a sponge/microfiber material. I will upload the photos of those droplets on Figo's windshield in my ownership thread. I had observed this kind of droplets formation in the corner of front windshield and on a window glass when I applied rain repellent to give it a try.

Sedate...

Awesome

And my Colorado Queen turned One Year old today. Happy Birthday my Dear... Ummmaaa....

Awesome

Convey my Happy Birth Day to your Dear(est), whenever you get a time to breath from
      Ummmaaa...
      !

Sedate...

Awesome

Haha...

Sedate...

Awesome

As promised here is my One Year Ownership Review...

Our Colorado Queen turned one year old today.
      ODO reading 17159 Kms
      Overall, happy with her.

Just before handing her over to me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ODO_1.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	340.4 KB 
ID:	56899

After Pooja

Name:	ODO_2.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	343.9 KB 
ID:	56900

First day done

Name:	ODO_3.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	56901

Target/Assumption had for no. of Kms to be covered in one year before buying - 18000 Kms
      So the current ODO reading is not bad.

Add ons

Fog lamps - Ford. Changed the Headlamp controller knob also as part of fixing Foglamps as 2010 Figo's does't had the control for Foglamps in the factory fitted one.

Floor mats - Packy Poda Transparent Floor Mats(Set of 4). Later I found the same in a Rolls Royce Phantom at Bangalore International Airport.
      Two things I found similar to Figo & Phantom were Low Stance & those Custom Floor Mats...

Issues faced & rectified

Brake Discs & Pads - On my way back from first trip to Kerala(Hometown), felt the kick of ABS when I had to brake hard. Brake noise was also coming those days. Enquired about the kick of ABS( As a newbie to driving didn't experience the same before ) to the Service Center guys that whether it is common for ABS Cars or not. They changed the Brake Discs & Pads under Warranty. No hole created in the pocket.

Had to replace the Disc & Pads one month back due to the noise issue. This time changed under the label of Goodwill.

Stabilizer Bar/Sway Bar issue - There was noise from the same for the first few Kms every morning. The noise will come when the Car is driven over the first few speed breakers & then disappears. It was very hard to reproduce the same when the Car is taken to the Service Center. I felt like the noise is coming from the Rear & complained about the same. I also felt that the noise is coming from the Boot lever. Service Center guys couldn't reproduce the same & as it is a known issue(Rear suspension noise) they added a cladding to the bottom of rear suspension.

But the noise was still there daily morning. I requested Metro Ford, St.Marks Road to send their person to my Home in the morning so that I can reproduce & show him the issue. They send a trained professional to my Home next day morning to inspect the vehicle. He sat in the Car & asked me to drive through those speed breakers which I used to maneuver daily. Luckily the noise came.

He got down from the Car & sat on the road & asked me to drive thorugh that Speed breaker to & fro for multiple times. I did the same & he said the issue is with Stabilizer Bar/Sway Bar. He explained me the issue too. The Sway Bar is moved to one side & that is making the noise. He requested me to bring the vehicle to Service Center one day to fix the same. He was correct & the same got fixed & didn't pop up till now. Thank GOD.

Recently the same issue found on my Colleague's Ford Figo. He was complaining about similar noise & I said him that it may be the same issue which I faced sometime back. He was an unhappy Customer with Lathangi Ford. I introduced him to Metro Ford & a similar check up was done on his Car & found that the issue is with Stabilizer Bar/Sway Bar. Yet he have to get it fixed as his visit to the Service Center is pending.

I have seen people complaining about the rear noise. I doubt many of those might be having this noise from Stabilizer Bar/Sway Bar rather than from the Rear.

Brake Fluid reservoir went empty - Brake fluid warning light was coming even before the first Service. Had to drive to Hometown so couldn't get it checked here. Got it checked from Kairali Ford, Thrissur & found that the Brake fluid reservoir is always empty. Couldn't find any crack or leakage. Topped up the fluid from there. Came back to Bangalore & complained about the same. After thorough check up, Service Center guys found that the cable carrying the fluid to the brakes have moist formation on it. Got it fixed & the issue vanished.

Rear windows rolling down - Found that after a long run the rear windows are rolled down slightly. Complained about the same to the Service Center during First Service. They said that it may be due to the rear passengers knee/thigh hitting on the lever. But I said them, it may not be the case as for me Rear seat passengers are occasional & I noticed the issue travelling without rear seat passengers also. The lever was parallel to the thigh of rear seat passenger which got adjusted to perpendicular to the thigh & pointing down. After this change Rear window scroll down have reduced a lot. Now also it leaves a small gap after very long runs but negligible.

Mudflaps - Mudflaps got changed twice. First with the stiff one & recently with the newly introduced flexible one's. Daily the Mudflaps touches a small speed breaker at Office while heading towards the Basement parking. The speed breaker is kept at a slope & have to turn the Car before taking that speed breaker as there is an obstruction on the left side. This speed breaker contributed a lot for the breaking of first set of front Mudflaps which was fitted on the delivery day. Got it changed with the new ones(All 4). Kept the old rear mudflaps at home. Again the front mudflaps broke. Thanks to the same speed breaker I mentioned & the unscientific speed breakers in & around Bangalore. After the new set broke, I waited for the new ones which Michael Boneham have promised answering the FAQ's in Driving Ford Website. I had to push Ford Chennai & Metro Ford to get the new flexible Mudflaps. At last got it fixed recently. Even though it is touching those speed breakers, it haven't broken yet. Looks like good enough to withstand that.

Underbody scrapping - Had this issue before and after lot of trial & error found a way to sort it out. Keeping adequate tire pressue & driving over the speed breakers less than 10Km/hr will avoid underbody scrapping. And more over speed breakers are meant to break speed, right?

Apart from those speed breakers... Had some scary moments where a big sound was heard.

First time at Masinagudi when I had to swirl the Car to left to avoid an oncoming speeding Car. The road had a big edge(Road & Footpath were not in level at all). Everything was alright until I tried to pull her back on road. After the swirl, half of the left side was on sand & other half on road. With 4 people on board & luggage I feared to pull her back. As I was pulling her back on track it hit a stone on the sand or the edge of the road which gave a big noise. Got scared, jumped out of the car & checked. Couldn't check much or find anything as it is not recommended to get down there in that wild life. Drove till the checkpost & checked it again. Couldn't find anything suspicious. Ufff... Relaxed.

Second time at Ghat section while coming back from Yercaud. Had to pull her down to one side of the road to avoid a truck moving towards me. This time again while getting back on track she scrapped some where. :-( Couldn't find anything bad that time.

During my recent visit to Service Center I checked thoroughly & the Serice Center boy showed me that the Cross bar is hit on the left side but safe enough.

I believe for those roads with big edges Figo is a big no. Before pulling her down on those edge roads think twice/thrice. But if you haven't got the time to do so, then be safe by pulling her down & rest you think later.

Rear Wiper noise - Very annoying noise was coming from the Rear Wiper. Got it fixed recently. Rear Wiper arm aligned using an equipment. Noise is gone for the time being but I have to replace all 3 blades soon.

Power issue - After the Second Service felt that the Power is gone & engine didn't rev much after flooring the pedal also. Got it checked by connecting to the IDS. Reset the parameters and Car back in its Power.

FE issue - Went with the DTE for FE calculation which I found wrong later. But still was not happy with the variation in DTE as it used to show more before. Took her for a combined TD. Found ok but not to my satisfactory level as the queries on DTE was glooming around. Those queries got answered to a level after several interactions with Ford Chennai.

Also one point to note down is that, just after Service, you can see that the DTE dropped a lot as the Car is kept in idling for a long time at the Service Center during Service.

Noise from the Dashboard - Minor rattling noise was coming from the Dashboard while going on uneven roads at a speed of 40Km/hr or so. Cluster refixed with a 2 way tape but still the noise is coming occasionaly.

One thing I found about Ford Service Center is that they are aware of the common reported issues about Figo & if you complain about a rattling noise they will just stick a 2 way tape which will solve the issue.

After reading all these don't think like Figo was giving problems to me every now & then. No... Nothing like that. Am very much happy with her. When I find some minor issue, I will immediately take her to Service Center & get it rectified so that it won't get worse. That is cos we care her that much like a baby.

I wrote here all the genuine things & without just praising the Car I own. I agree there are few cons but which are very much negligible when compared to the pros which are coming along with this Wonderful Car.

After One Year

Name:	ODO_4.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	358.5 KB 
ID:	56902

Love you Colorado Queen. Looking forward for many more happy miles with you...
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Awesome

Very neatly composed! But missing your FE figures.

FE issue - Went with the DTE for FE calculation which I found wrong later. But still was not happy with the variation in DTE as it used to show more before. Took her for a combined TD. Found ok but not to my satisfactory level as the queries on DTE was glooming around. Those queries got answered to a level after several interactions with Ford Chennai.

Also one point to note down is that, just after Service, you can see that the DTE dropped a lot as the Car is kept in idling for a long time at the Service Center during Service.
      I was about to write a post for this. I too observed this sudden drop in DTE after returning from service center. I have maintained the full log of my Petrol fueling with DTE. It can be seen from this log that DTE is consistent with our driving for last 1 tank full fueling.

Had this issue before and after lot of trial & error found a way to sort it out. Keeping adequate tire pressue & driving over the speed breakers less than 10Km/hr
      I do follow the same and no serious underbody hits till date. And there is nothing much exposed underbody.

I was thinking to fix an engine protection plate but dropped that idea fearing that it will lower the GC and that to at front!

Sedate...

Awesome

Very neatly composed! But missing your FE figures.
      Thanks Dev11

Regarding the FE, I have already quoted it down here.
      The Right Decision - Buying Owning a Figo 1.4 Titanium - Our Colorado Queen [One year Ownership Report]

Anyway doing a Copy-Paste here of the same.

The FE is around 14-15 Km/Ltr in City with 100% A/C
      On highways I got around 18-19 Km/Ltr with 100% A/C & on consistent speed of 120+ Km/hr stretching up to 140 -160 Km/hr occasionally for few Kms.

Am happy with the above figures as I know my driving style(Bit spirited at times).

And there is nothing much exposed underbody.
      Yes... You are right. In most cases(Speed breakers) only those two side beams hit & nothing else. All other parts are well above.
      Last edited by Evolution88; 17th Oct 2011 at 23:12.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information