• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - EDIT - 30,000 kms Completed in Jan 2014

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - EDIT - 30,000 kms Completed in Jan 2014

Dear GearHeads...

I m now a proud owner of Tata Manza - Monarch Red. Thought i would share my experience of buying and driving Manza . Here goes the story of my First ever new Car purchase. In fact this is my first ever new vehicle I purchased . Till now I have been using my father's and brother's bike and car .
      My family car (my bothers to be specific) is Maruti "Zero Engine Noise" Car. Its our family car which we use only for city driving. Wasnt so reliable. So was not using for highway drives. For many years I have been thinking of buying a new car. But haven't analysed much on cars. I was in dilemma on whether to buy a car first or a house first. I made up my mind to buy the house first and then car.
      In last year time came for me to buy a house in chennai. Also new arrival in my family made me think I should seriously look for car since I cant ride in Bike with two kids. Then I decided this is the time to fulfill my dream of buying a new car. Did not think about used cars. Lesson from driving used car. I had previous experience with ZEN. We are not sure of what abuses any used car would have taken from the prev owner. I was not willing to go for a used car.

My home town is Chennai. But I currently work in Bangalore. Due to change in job, within 2 months will be shifting to Chennai. So I decided to purchase the Car in Chennai.

My requirements were as below:

1)Should accomodate 5 people including driver
      2)Rear should be spacious( at least like Zen)
      3)Decent boot space
      4)A diesel car(due to obvious reasons )
      5) Was not thinking about resale value. Since I would be using for long time.
      6) Budget (max 6 lakhs)

I made a choice of cars :

Swift VDI
      Ford Figo
      Tata Vista

After visting different show rooms, and thanks to Swift's waiting period and high pricing, I thought Figo would be the best VFM buy and good FE choice.

I visited 2nd time with my family for TD. Only parents came with me . My Wife was not able to accompany . Went to Chennai Ford, Concorde and ABT Maruti, We had look at Manza. It was more spacious and had a good boot space too. But due to my budget I stuck to hatchback. My mother liked the car very much and also my kid was able to play due to good space in rear. Later my father told he would sponsor 2 lakhs if i want to go for the sedan. So after much brainstorming I decided to look for sedan type with max budget of 7.5

Choices were Mahindra Verito , Tata Manza, Swift DZire and Ford Fiesta.
      Ruled out Fiesta due to budget constraints.
      Ruled Dzire out due to cramped rear and 3 months wait period. I did a TD. I asked to go for a bumpy road for testing suspension. Then only the driver told this is a for-delivery vehicle. I pity the prospective owner.

In Chennai I took Test drive of Verito and Manza . Thought both were equally good in space and ride comfort.
      Also I did TDs in Bangalore for confirming a few details.

Why Manza?
      Now the decision Making: Only problems in Verito was Left Hand drive orientation and the strange placement of switches. I thought I can come to terms with practice. Also for similar model variants Manza was 40Ks costlier. Got some reviews that Verito has better mileage than Tata Manza. So I thought I would go for Verito.

After discussing with sales personnel, The cost of Manza and Verito became almost equal, Thanks to discount given By TATA and no discount given by Mahindra
      Then I start seriously thinking about Manza. Because ride quality, space and comfort wise both were equal. From driver point of view I thought Manza was easier to drive for me because of Right hand drive orientation wiper and indicator. Also the IP had separate indicators for left and right turns.
      These are small things, but its important for me as a driver. Since only I m going to drive this vehicle I thought I wanted to like this more than any one.

Since recently 2nd kid was born , my wife was not able to accompany in any of test drives. So I took decision using the review given by my parents and friends..

Thought of booking Aqua since it was Rs.50K lesser than Aura Trim. But when matched with the features, thought if I spent for them the cost would be same. Also sales guy told the AQUA model is slow moving and would get only after 3 weeks. AURA model was ready in stickyard. I made decision to go for AURA.

I booked car on 16th September Aura. Siena Gold was looking gud in website pics. Later went for Inspection in stockyard. When I saw the Siena Gold I wasnt impressed at all by color. Sales guy told after polish it will look like in Website pics. But I didnot like at first sight. Monarch red was looking better. So I booked it. Also the odo showed 30 kms. I asked him whetehr thsi vehicle would be used for TD . He told concorde doesnot even allow customers to touch the delivery vehicle. Was somehow satisfied that they would not allow deliv vehicle for TD like ABT Maruti did. He said that 30 kms was due normal PDI testing. Also while delivery it would take another 60 kms because it has to be taken to RTO office to and fro.

The Car Delivery date was fixed to be 29th September. I went to chennai Concorde Motors in Ambattur IE. Sales guy gave a good Demo and explained all details. INformed me the RC would coming in 30 to 40 days. Got all documents from him. I took the PDI instructions I procured from some ionternet forums, checked all the details.

I got the keys from him. Was excited that I m gonna start new ar for first time. I started and car did not start . I thought Tata niggles have started for on the first day itself The demo guy told , in the new Quadrajet engine, they have set safety features. After depressing clutch only teh engine will start.
      I got back my breath and started by depressing teh clutch. Car started. Then I took some pics with teh guys in showroom and then started for my first drive in the new car,

Till now I ahve never driven this much long car with the boot. I had only driven hatchbacks. HAd to take extra care while turning. I came and parked in my house safely. Later in evening went to temple for pooja

Next day early morning planned to go for the highway drive to Thirukazhukundram temple which is 75 kms away from my place. Took the chennai bypass road to chengelpat. I was told about the running in and was driving not more than 80 kmph. I started enjoying the drive once the 2k rpms cross and teh turbo kicks in.

Also I did not notice any under-body scarping even on high speed breakers. Manza has GC of 165 mm. And FIGO has GC of 168 mm. But I see many FIGO owners complaining of thud sound on speed breakers. But Manza owners never complain. Can anyone explain how this GC is specified. Is it the minimum point or uniform.

when I was on the bypass road drive. I took my hands off the steering, i thought the vehicle was pulling left bery slightly. I was thinking the rosd was curving. So i did not think about it much. I did not know there was the Manza's left pulling problem till I read it in the thread by urban_gypsy 5 days before. So I have to check it. Still haven't tested the car in a straight road. So will test it this weekend and see if the left pulling problem is there in my Manza.

Till now I have clocked only 500 kms. Till now have found it pleaure to drive in both highways and also in city traffic.

The AC effect was less. The sales guy told the fabric seat covers absorb AC cooling and without sunfilm AC effect will be less.

So I installed the Sunfilm on both Windshield and Windows & Rear and Art Leather seatcovers. I was under dilemma whether to put seat covers. But my kid will always jump on seats with slippered legs. Manza come with beige fabric seat. So would be diffcult to take the stains off and seat would look ugly. So made decision to install Art leather. So it would be easy to clean and remove stains.

Will keep updated about my owner ship .

Have posted some pics below :

EDIT :::

Second service - 6 month/ 5000 Kms Update:
      Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - EDIT - 11,900 kms Completed - Page 3

Third Service - 1 year / 10000 Kms Update:

Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - EDIT - 11,900 kms Completed - Page 8

Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - EDIT - 11,900 kms Completed - Page 9

========
      Fourth Service/ 20K kms update:

Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - EDIT - 18,000 kms Completed - Page 20

Fifth Service / 30K Kms Update:

Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - EDIT - 20,000 kms Completed - Page 22
      Last edited by roadracer; 1st Feb 2014 at 19:54. Reason: changed the title as per the request
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

Global Poster

Awesome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2454.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	57018

Name:	IMG_2456.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	520.5 KB 
ID:	57019

Name:	IMG_2490.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	653.1 KB 
ID:	57020

Name:	IMG_2495.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	706.7 KB 
ID:	57021

Name:	IMG_2505.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	492.1 KB 
ID:	57022

Name:	IMG_2507.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	445.6 KB 
ID:	57023

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

First of all, Congrats for your newly purchase car!!
      Manza is indeed a very good car offering good features and great comfort though still being a Value for Money sedan.
      Lot of us hesitate buying Tata cars as they have bad reputation about constant niggles, however, they are improving a lot. And moreover, brands like Maruti, Hyundai which sell in large number are also not free from known issues.

Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
      Please do keep us updating about your overall ownership experience as your car crunches more miles.

Global Poster

Awesome

Another thing I forgot to mention. Often the engine would not start even after depressing the clutch like when we depress for shifting gears. I thought there was some starting trouble like I used to have in previous old ZEN. I thought this is my curse I thought wherever I go the car starting trouble follows me . I had to live with it. I asked to the mechanic. He told in new vehicles, air will be filled diesel flow would not be smooth. So wait and start again. Many times it worked . So was satisfied.

Later found a thing. Can any new Manza owners having this type of engine starting confirm this. When I think the clutch is fully depressed after that also I have to give another push and at that time it starts. So everytime when the last push on the depressed clutch is given and then cranked, the engine starts. I satisfied myself that it comes by practice to start this engine. I did not know this is normal safety feature in Car to have this clutch pressed for engine to start. After googling found that it is a common safety feature. But in the TD vehicle it started normally. The mechanic told only recently Fiat have introduced this feature(if it can be called a feature !!!!!!).

Other wise I m happy with the car. Still have to check if the left pulling is there in my car. This is July2011 manufactured. (BLG was in the digits 10 - 12 position in VIN number)

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

cbvijay, Congrats on the car. Have many smiles and miles on that manza.

Quote Originally Posted by cbvijay View Post
      Ruled out Fiesta due to budget constraints.
      Are you talking about the new Ford Fiesta or the Fiesta Classic?

Then only the driver told this is a for-delivery vehicle
      At least the guy told that it's a for-delivery vehicle. Have come across scenarios where they don't even say this.

I thought Tata niggles have started for on the first day itself

After depressing clutch only teh engine will start.
      What's the advantage of this?

And FIGO has GC of 168 mm. But I see many FIGO owners complaining of thud sound on speed breakers. But Manza owners never complain. Can anyone explain how this GC is specified. Is it the minimum point or uniform.
      Even I had wondered about this question? Views from the experts here will be appreciated.

I did not know there was the Manza's left pulling problem till I read it in the thread by urban_gypsy 5 days before. So I have to check it. Still haven't tested the car in a straight road. So will test it this weekend and see if the left pulling problem is there in my Manza.
      Yes, I will be interested to know about. I really want to know if we still have this problem in the new models. What was the year/month of manufacture of your vehicle?

So I installed the Sunfilm on both Windshield and Windows & Rear and Art Leather seatcovers
      Does the ArtLeather get sticky in the Chennai heat?

If you don't mind,what was the OTR price in Chennai for TATA MANZA AURA?
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
      Originally Posted by cbvijay
      After depressing clutch only teh engine will start.
      What's the advantage of this?
      I referred to google and got some news about this. Sometimes people start without bringing car to neutral, at that time car can jump, jerk or sometimes hit whatever is in front. Also the starter motor might get damaged if done like this many times. So they have kept it as a safety feature in some engines.
      Are you talking about the new Ford Fiesta or the Fiesta Classic?
      Fiesta Classic diesel . That was ranging from 7.6 L to 9.3 Lakhs OTR chennai. My budget was 7 to 7.5 lakhs
      At least the guy told that it's a for-delivery vehicle. Have come across scenarios where they don't even say this.
      He told that only when I told I want to go on a bumpy road. otherwise he would have kept mum

Even I had wondered about this question? Views from the experts here will be appreciated
      sometimes I think this may be because of Tires spec
      Yes, I will be interested to know about. I really want to know if we still have this problem in the new models. What was the year/month of manufacture of your vehicle?
      My vehicle is July2011 manufactured
      Does the ArtLeather get sticky in the Chennai heat?

If you don't mind,what was the OTR price in Chennai for TATA MANZA AURA?
      Till now I haven't left car in hot sun for long time. Other wise i felt AC effect has improved a lot after sun film and art leather. Not sure it is because of art leather though. But sun film effect is prominently seen in the AC cooling. I keep it in 1st position only. The OTR Chennai for aura model was 7.6 lakhs. September month offer was 15 K cash discount . I got corp discount for 6 K. sales guy gave option of 4 K cash discount or other freebies. I took the cash discount option. So total discount was 15+4+6 = 25 K . Final price was 7.35 Lakhs. I made a mistake by not going for own insurance. It would have saved further 5 or 6 K may be. I did not know that we can do insurance separately. After reading some threads only I came to know.

Awesome

Are you happy with the manza?

Awesome

Hi Vijay, congrats on your new car. Even i will be exchanging or selling my baleno for Manza Aura and yes monarch Red is my color too. After reading threads here i decided not to do insurance in the showroom. And did you take extended warranty? If so what all it covers? is it worth taking it?
      I am getting little tensed now on the Left pulling, even this is one of the feature in Tata manza i suppose ....
      Any ways i will check that in Concorde,bangalore and my bad luck is i got a sales person who has limited knowledge on the features. and tells me some nonsense things when i ask him some thing. Might be he was working in TVS before
      Did you ask how much we have to shed out if we go for alloy wheels??? and what accessories he gave you free? Coz i can negotiate that here as well.....
      Also you have any idea on when Manza CS is going to be launched...if thats the case i can wait for some more time.....but have to compromise on few things but its ok i feel....
      Last edited by todavid27; 20th Oct 2011 at 00:13.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Congratulations on your Manza

I started and car did not start . I thought Tata niggles have started for on the first day itself

The demo guy told , in the new Quadrajet engine, they have set safety features. After depressing clutch only teh engine will start.
      AFAIK This is mandatory in Europe and that's the reason many car comes with this feature, in India this was first introduced in Getz.

Manza has GC of 165 mm. And FIGO has GC of 168 mm. But I see many FIGO owners complaining of thud sound on speed breakers. But Manza owners never complain. Can anyone explain how this GC is specified. Is it the minimum point or uniform.
      Ground clearance is one part and another important part is suspension, if there is a soft suspension setup then it would hit the ground often. I guess Figo has a soft suspension and that's the reason it get hits on every speed breakers

The AC effect was less.
      I am surprised to here this, Tata is known for their uber cool AC's!!! From Sumo to Indica to Safari all has the best AC and I guess Indica has the best AC in hatch back, So kindly TD another car and check the AC effect. If the other car is fine then please report this on 1st service

Quote Originally Posted by todavid27 View Post
      Might be he was working in TVS before
      How does this matter?
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

^_^

Awesome

Very Nice Review cbvijay Loved reading it.

1 Question. Why Pillaiyar Hanging? He can sit in the dash and the car will start at the first go

On a serious note, you might want to get this checked. No matter what kind of diesel or petrol machine it is, The car should start with the clutch ON.

Sunfilm and AC has nothing to do with the cooling effect.

Same is the case with leather seats and cloth seats. But yes you have your own reason for the leather covers.
      Honk if you want to see my finger!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information