• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - EDIT - 30,000 kms Completed in Jan 2014

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by cbvijay View Post
      Later found a thing. Can any new Manza owners having this type of engine starting confirm this. When I think the clutch is fully depressed after that also I have to give another push and at that time it starts. So everytime when the last push on the depressed clutch is given and then cranked, the engine starts. I satisfied myself that it comes by practice to start this engine. I did not know this is normal safety feature in Car to have this clutch pressed for engine to start. After googling found that it is a common safety feature. But in the TD vehicle it started normally. The mechanic told only recently Fiat have introduced this feature(if it can be called a feature !!!!!!).
      Clutch depressed - Some cars are equipped with a clutch safety switch which interrupts the electricity to the starter unless the clutch is fully depressed. With the clutch depressed the engine is mechanically disconnected from the transmission so the car cannot move.

AFAIK, you have to fully depress cluch to start. If that's not happening, please ask TASS to check (ask them to check it front of you).
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
      On a serious note, you might want to get this checked. No matter what kind of diesel or petrol machine it is, The car should start with the clutch ON.
      Actually I did miss fully depressing the clutch thats teh reason car was not starting. Now I m able to start the car every time. Pressing the clutch 100 % is the key to start the car. Since I wasnt used to it, i had problem. Now with practice its sorted out.
      Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
      Sunfilm and AC has nothing to do with the cooling effect.
      The Sunfilm depending on the quality and brand rejects 40 to 70 % solar radiation and UV to 98 % or so. I think using SunFilm will have some effect in overall cooling. Whatever air coming from the vent thats cool when i keep my hand on vent and check.
      Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      I am surprised to here this, Tata is known for their uber cool AC's!!! From Sumo to Indica to Safari all has the best AC and I guess Indica has the best AC in hatch back, So kindly TD another car and check the AC effect. If the other car is fine then please report this on 1st service
      Yes. I have also heard it and also have experienced in many Indica taxis. Now I m feeling the cooling effect after installation of Sunfilm on all glasses. Whatever air coming from the vent also is cool when i keep my hand on vent and check. So I think there is no problem in AC. I mostly use it in only 1 or 2 .

Quote Originally Posted by TheHermit View Post
      Are you happy with the manza?
      I m quite happy now. Till now i did not have much problem. The starting of engine comes by practice after depressing clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by todavid27 View Post
      After reading threads here i decided not to do insurance in the showroom.
      That is a good decision. I was ignorant before this.
      And did you take extended warranty? If so what all it covers? is it worth taking it?
      I did take the extended warranty Rs.5250. I donot know what all it covers. Have to go to show room and get the terms and conditions.Actually i did not do any research on it. Just took it by default.
      I am getting little tensed now on the Left pulling, even this is one of the feature in Tata manza i suppose ....
      YEs after reading a few threads I also was. But now i cant do anything. I hope it is not there in my car. I havent checked it yet.
      Did you ask how much we have to shed out if we go for alloy wheels??? and what accessories he gave you free? Coz i can negotiate that here as well.....
      I wasnt thinking about installing alloy wheels.so dint enquire. He gave extra 4K discount thats all.
      Also you have any idea on when Manza CS is going to be launched...if thats the case i can wait for some more time.....but have to compromise on few things but its ok i feel....
      Have no idea about it. Other experts or followers would be knowing more. Yes thats is a good buy. Would be some 50K lesser. Most probably only boot space would be reduce. interiors space would be same I think.
      Last edited by camchennai; 20th Oct 2011 at 18:33. Reason: Merging back to back posts
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

Global Poster

Awesome

I am getting little tensed now on the Left pulling, even this is one of the feature in Tata manza i suppose ....
      Yes, it is a unique safety feature in Manza with exclusive patent with TATA . This is done to keep drivers alert and concentrate on driving so that they donot take their hands off steering. Now I discovered that I m also blessed with this unique safety feature. Just today I tested in the straight road and when i take hands off, the car starts pulling left. First service is due this week. So I will request TASS to remove this feature and spare me of some by doing alignment or some other thing.

Also I noticed some sound from the boot. While driving in bumpy roads I noticed this. So I thought may be jack and other things in boot make noise. I removed it and drove still noticed the sound. The sound is similar to the sound when the left or right indicator is used. But is discontinuous. So I pulled over and switch off engine. Open boot and saw. When I shake the boot door, that "tik tik tik" sound is coming near the wiring to the boot lamp. Have marked in the below picture. Have anyone ever noticed it. What would be possible reason. I will be pointing this to the TASS in free service this Monday. Any manza owners noticed this pls help me what it might be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_25551.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	558.9 KB 
ID:	57250

Global Poster

Awesome

I had given my car for first service after 1 month of purchase. Problems reported were:

1)The left pulling problem
      - They Solved it. Donot know how. Now even at high speed above 70 , left pulling is not observed
      2)Recently I hit a pot hole and engine noise was very much high
      - The shield below engine has got hit and was touching some part of engine. The mechanic , bent back the shield to old position after that noise not there.
      3)Noise in boot door
      - This is yet to be solved. When they test drive noise was not coming. It was raining , so i think noise was not audible. Also I took to service center again. That ti me noise was not coming Whenever I need to show the noise doesn't come. But when I was driving on highway in Chennai bypass, it was coming.
      4) The under body antirust coat was done.
      5) the fuel door and back door were not going to original position
      - this was also fixed.
      So for the boot door sound problem , I have again booked a appointment next week to show him the door noise problem.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hi Vijay:

What is the cost of seat covers?

I like the way that the arm rest is done. Also let me know what kind of fitting is this?

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by dhilsen View Post
      Hi Vijay:

What is the cost of seat covers?

I like the way that the arm rest is done. Also let me know what kind of fitting is this?
      Seat cover brand is RADIUS. Cost = 5500 + 1000 (installation).
      Shop gave discount of 500 after bargaining.
      I did it in Radiowarehouse Annanagar, Chennai.
      I think the fitting is called Skin fit

Global Poster

Awesome

Did a trip from chennai to bangalore via the Kolar - chittoor route. The DIS meter showed average FE to be 23.8 kmpl. I fulltanked in chennai and saw the actual FE comes to 22 kmpl. I assume most of cars have this FE error from DIS meter to actual FE calculated by full tanking. Or is it only with Manza. Because some other manza owners also reported like this error in other forums. Can any Manza owners or others whoc check DIS meter FE in their car comment about this.

here are some pics

Name:	IMG_2694.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	464.0 KB 
ID:	64685

Name:	IMG_2696 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	742.0 KB 
ID:	64686

Name:	IMG_2697 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	722.8 KB 
ID:	64687

Global Poster

Awesome

hi : Any Tata MAnza owners available in our Forum.

Global Poster

Awesome

Yesterday i made a trip from chennai to bangalore in chittor- kolar route. I started at 5 am and reached bangalore at 10 Am. this the fastest time I have clocked in my 5 trips from BLR - Chennai . Till Sriperumdur I could not drive fast and have to maintain below 80 because of a reasonable Truck traffic. ALso the chittoor- Mulbagal route being single lane I maintain 80 kmph. But Mulbagal - Bangalore stretch of 90 kms I covered in 1 hour. But still the DIS meter showed 22.5 kmph. If accounted for DIS error the actual would be 20 kmph

I have one doubt. Many Manza owners and also normally for any cars owners have mentioned that during initial period like upto 1 year of car ownership, the FE will be lesser and later will improve. What is the reason for this. Is it because of Engine run-in period??

Global Poster

Awesome

Also i have another query regarding manza. for Initial 2 months while driving my observations are as below:
      4th gear - 2k rpm - 60 kmph
      5th gear - 2k rpm - 80 kmph

But last 2 months I have observed as below
      4th gear - 2k rpm - 50 kmph - takes 2.1 or 2.2 K rpm for 60 kmph
      5th gear - 2k rpm - 70 kmph - takes 2.1 or 2.2 K rpm for 80 kmph

There is increase in RPM to achieve the same spee in the same gear compared to before. Is this any problem or this is some calibration error. Any Manza owners, any other experts like 007, mclaren1885 (i dont know all expert's names) pls enlighten me with your thoughts.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information