• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - EDIT - 30,000 kms Completed in Jan 2014

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

cbvijay, your clutch could be slipping. how long since you had a clutch change?

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      cbvijay, your clutch could be slipping. how long since you had a clutch change?
      007 : This is only 6 month old car. I haven't changed clutch till now. Its still on stock clutch. Now I m going for 2nd service next week. Have to ask Tata ASS about this.
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

Global Poster

Awesome

Second Service Update:

I gave my Manza to Concorde Motors, Ambattur, Chennai for the Second service. Details are given below.
      Date: April 7th.
      Kms done : 4300 (on April 7th)

Gave the vehicle for service by 10:00 AM.

SA Murugan took the compaints. Below are complaints:
      1)Second Free Service
      2)Left rear windows screaching noise. But when I showed him the noise was not there. Still told him to check it
      3) The rub-rail in the left rear door fell off. Fixing it and putting proper seal so it does not fall off again.
      4) The RPM - Speed mapping not in sync with other Manzas. Told them to check for Clutch wear
      5) Asked them about the recall announcement, changing the suspension bush
      6) As another Manza user from TAI forum told me , I asked the SA if oil topup would be required. He said it will be done if required. I asked him to check the oil level and confirm to me now itself. He was avoiding , but I insisted and he checked. and said no oil topup would be needed. If I hadn't checked here, who knows they would have topped some oil and charged me.
      7) Engine noise too much .

Also he told that now Manza Oil service schedule has changed. For 10,000 kms itself oil has to be changed. I asked in Manual its given 20000 kms or 1 year whichever comes first. But he said rules are changed now. how come for a engine service schedule will be changed in middle. I m at loss . Can anyone explain ?? Is there any Manza owners around in Our GH forum. Is it possible to check with customer care about these details.

He kept insisting me to do outer body Polish - Rs.2600 will be charged. I said not needed now. I wasnot sure whetehr its needed. thought will consult with other Manza owners in the TAI forum then decide. Evening was delivery.

I went Evening at 5 PM. Waited for 30 minutes for delivery.

Problem solutions:
      1) Done. SA explained what all was checked . He had a checklist for the 2nd service. AC checking, oil level, engine noise checking with Laptop, etc..

2) Lubricated the wires and PW settings. Noise was not coming.

3) Rub-rail fixed

4)This is the big joke of year. SA said thats not a problem at all. There is no relation ship between RPM and Speed . I thought of giving him a piece of my mind. But didn't have time to argue. He told there is no clutch slipping happening. If clutch slip happens, during 3rd and higher gears if clutch released in a hurry engine should not stall. But here it was stalling. So clutch slip issue is not there. He also said that each car has different settings. So RPM - Speed mapping should not be compared to other Manza cars.

5) For this Bush , he said If TATA send list of VIN nos for which the item has to be changed then only they will chnage this. I thought may its for older manufacture models and left it.

7) Engine noise was less compared to before.

Interiors - the doorpads were dirty. But I didn't have time to wait. So just drove away. Other outer body and dash board were clean after washing.

Global Poster

Awesome

Fulltanked in Chennai on 8th and I travelled back to Bangalore on 9th.
      Reached 330 kms in 6:30 hours. Used AC for 75 % of time. I could see the MID display showing FE 22+.

In Bangalore did not drive for 2 weeks. The road to my office is being dug by BWSSB for the UGD work. So was using bike only for office.

Then on 21st travelled back to Chennai. Did not fill fuel in middle. This time started morning 6:30 Am. Reached Chennai in 6 hours and AC was on for 80 % of time. The MID showed 24.3 kmpl . I full tanked in Chennai BP at same bunk. Manza drunk 33 litres for filling tank for 679 KMS driven . So FE calculated by tank to tank method comes to 20.57 kmpl. But the MID display gave 23 kmpl (average of 22 and 24) Still I feel for full Highway driving this FE may be lesser. I think that was due to Oil has not been changed after purchase only 7 months old car. So have to check how much FE I get on Hghways after 1 year oil change.

Global Poster

Awesome

Guys: Pls donot think that i m too much obsessed with the FE. I mainly do this for fun. Otherwise driving becomes boring for me. If just pressing pedal to metal and driving fast, I get bored soon. Also 140 kms of the two lane stretch without divider doesnot allow me to go too fast. Whenever the AVG FE in DIS goes down I try to bring it to 25 or 24. Sometimes I use the P & G (pulse and Glide )method. Thats how I keep myself engaged in driving.

Next I made a trip from Chennai to Bangalore on 23 Monday morning. Started 4:40 AM . I m alone now without family. Reached my office at 9:30. Thought it was pretty spright driving . Used AC only for 25 % time. FE in MID showed 24.3 . Great going Manza . I love this car.

Global Poster

Awesome

I have got an overall FE of 18.08 kmpl till now for 7 months of ownership.
      Out of the 5300 kms driven, Highways - 4000 and City - 1300 kms approx. So 80 % Highways driving. and 20 % City Driving.
      The Ac would have been on for only 50 % of time.

My FE log snapshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE1.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	80003

Global Poster

Awesome

Then on 28th April travelled to Chennai. Did not fill fuel. The needle was in half between 1/4 th line and 1/2 line. This time started evening at 16:30 hrs. Reached Chennai at night 22:15 hours and AC was on for 40 % of time. The MID showed 24.3 kmpl . From Kolar to till Nangali it was fully raining. Was pretty easy till Mulbagal with the road having dividers. But from Mulbagal for 15 kms rain was very heavy and also roads donot have the dividers. I put wipers in full speed mode. Still the visibility was less due to heavy rain. Was fearing that vehicles from opposite side due to low visibility wiould come into this lane. Thank god nothing happened. Then rain subsided. Was slowed due to rain . But still reached Chennai in 5:45 hrs. Haven't filled after that . So actual FE is not calculated. But the MID display gave 24.3 kmpl

Left my car in Chennai due to some need there. Returned back Bangalore by train. Travelling by train after long time.

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by machi vijay View Post
      I thought Tata niggles have started for on the first day itself

So I installed the Sunfilm on both Windshield and Windows & Rear and Art Leather seatcovers.
      What are you planning to do about the sunfilms now? Are you facing any issues in running a TN registered car in 'Namma Bengaluru'.

The cost of Manza and Verito became almost equal,
      I think Verito is only 65BHP whereas the Manza is 90 BHP MJD. MJD is the preferred engine of choice for highway runs in comparison to Renault's DCI engine. I think the DCI engine is much more comfortable for city runs. Since you are doing quite a bit of highway runs(Bang-Chennai) Manza, with 90BHP, is a better choice.

I took my hands off the steering, i thought the vehicle was pulling left bery slightly. I was thinking the rosd was curving. So i did not think about it much. I did not know there was the Manza's left pulling problem till I read it in the thread by urban_gypsy 5 days before. So I have to check it. Still haven't tested the car in a straight road. So will test it this weekend and see if the left pulling problem is there in my Manza.
      So, what happened? Does this problem exist in your vehicle?

EDIT:

Yes, it is a unique safety feature in Manza with exclusive patent with TATA . This is done to keep drivers alert and concentrate on driving so that they donot take their hands off steering. Now I discovered that I m also blessed with this unique safety feature. Just today I tested in the straight road and when i take hands off, the car starts pulling left. First service is due this week. So I will request TASS to remove this feature and spare me of some by doing alignment or some other thing.
      TASS was replacing some part in the Manza's 2-3 months back. Are you still having this problem? Have you replaced that part?

hi : Any Tata MAnza owners available in our Forum.
      I think we have urban_gypsy & manza_sufferer

But still the DIS meter showed 22.5 kmph. If accounted for DIS error the actual would be 20 kmph
      Have you tried measuring the F.E by full tank method? If so, how much are you getting on
      - Highways
      - City runs
      Last edited by roadracer; 3rd Jun 2012 at 22:16.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

SA Murugan took the compaints.
      He was the same SA who was responsible for my 30K service. He is a bit better compared to other SA's in Ambattur-Concorde. Most of the SA's in Ambattur-Concorde are comedians. They are overworked and undercooked. It's a TATA problem.

Asked them about the recall announcement, changing the suspension bush
      What happened? Was this changed? This should be replaced FOC.

The rub-rail in the left rear door fell off.
      What's that rub-rail?

Engine noise too much
      Have you tried 3M under-body coating? In addition to giving protection, it also helps to reduce the engine noise reaching the cabin.

Also he told that now Manza Oil service schedule has changed. For 10,000 kms itself oil has to be changed. I asked in Manual its given 20000 kms or 1 year whichever comes first. But he said rules are changed now. how come for a engine service schedule will be changed in middle. I m at loss . Can anyone explain ?? Is there any Manza owners around in Our GH forum. Is it possible to check with customer care about these details.
      It's always better to change the engine oil every 10K kms for our kind of traffic. In fact many of the guys in the forum change the engine oil every 7 or 8K KMS. In fact I am not sure on what basis TATA initially recommended a 20K change interval.

He kept insisting me to do outer body Polish - Rs.2600 will be charged. I said not needed now. I wasnot sure whetehr its needed. thought will consult with other Manza owners in the TAI forum then decide. Evening was delivery.
      You might be better off doing such stuff in 3M centers rather than in TASS.

Interiors - the doorpads were dirty.
      This is a problem there. They made my seat dirty and I am yet to find a way to clean it. Surprisingly for my 30K(done on 26/04/2012) I didn't even get a feedback call from Pune. Not sure what's happening in TASS.

But from Mulbagal for 15 kms rain was very heavy and also roads donot have the dividers. I put wipers in full speed mode. Still the visibility was less due to heavy rain. Was fearing that vehicles from opposite side due to low visibility wiould come into this lane.
      Are you using stock headlights? I think it might be better to upgrade to 90/100W Philips if you are doing lot of highways runs in the nights. I think the stock lights may not be sufficient.

Good thread with lots of useful information. Have rated it 5* and have subscribed as well.
      Last edited by roadracer; 3rd Jun 2012 at 22:31.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
      What are you planning to do about the sunfilms now? Are you facing any issues in running a TN registered car in 'Namma Bengaluru'.
      I m not planning to remove the sunfilms. Thought if I got caught once the I will remove
      I think Verito is only 65BHP whereas the Manza is 90 BHP MJD. MJD is the preferred engine of choice for highway runs in comparison to Renault's DCI engine. I think the DCI engine is much more comfortable for city runs. Since you are doing quite a bit of highway runs(Bang-Chennai) Manza, with 90BHP, is a better choice.
      That was one of reasons for going with Manza
      TASS was replacing some part in the Manza's 2-3 months back. Are you still having this problem? Have you replaced that part?
      That is for old batch of Manza cars. The SA told that circular from TATA should mention for which cars with certain VIN numbers the part should be changed. He told they did not receive any.
      I think we have urban_gypsy & manza_sufferer
      urban_gypsy has Manza. I used to contact him often on the TAI forum. Also there are many other Manza owners there with whom I interact for knowing some details. manza_sufferer has sold his Manza long before. He is no more a Manza sufferer now.Poor guy, Probably he got a lemon.
      Have you tried measuring the F.E by full tank method? If so, how much are you getting on
      - Highways
      - City runs
      In this post I given my FE log screenshot.
      Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 5000 Kms Completed - Page 3

This weekend I came chennai. My car got full tanked. For 821 kms, took in 39.9 litres auto-cut off. So a FE of 20.5 km/lt. This was 75 % highway drive and 25 % city with 50% Ac on. I returned back from chennai to bangalore. This time I started at 12 clock, so due to high temperatures 43 degrees, Full time AC was on. The DIS showed 20.5 kmpl.

What's that rub-rail?
      rub-rail is the one platic/fibre strip that will be fixed in the doors. For base model it used to be black in many cars. also body coloured rub rail available.

This is a problem there. They made my seat dirty and I am yet to find a way to clean it. Surprisingly for my 30K(done on 26/04/2012) I didn't even get a feedback call from Pune. Not sure what's happening in TASS.
      I did not receive feedback call till now for any of the service done. Recently found out that my mobile number is registered wrongly.
      Are you using stock headlights? I think it might be better to upgrade to 90/100W Philips if you are doing lot of highways runs in the nights. I think the stock lights may not be sufficient.
      Yes I find the headlights underpowered. But i don't do much of night driving in highways. So did not feel need for changing.
      Have you tried 3M under-body coating? In addition to giving protection, it also helps to reduce the engine noise reaching the cabin.
      Yes this was done during the first service. They charged Rs.4200 for that
      Good thread with lots of useful information. Have rated it 5* and have subscribed as well.
      Thanks roadracer for your compliments
      Last edited by camchennai; 6th Jun 2012 at 00:14. Reason: Merging back to back posts

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information