• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tripod Discussions

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Tripod Discussions

I need some advice.I own a Sony DSC H50. As you guys know, Diwali is just a couple of days from today. I am thinking of capturing the Diwali Night Fireworks in my camera. Secondly, our family would be together so I might as well have myself in the photographs too.For this, I need an inexpensive tripod. This tripod would be used indoors nine out of ten times and even otherwise it would be setup on level ground. I have no idea about how much tripods cost. Kindly suggest some models with their prices suitable for this purpose.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Beasta1.6S View Post
      Kindly suggest some models with their prices suitable for this purpose.
      Check this out....

mini flexible tripod
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

GEARHEAD
      Arise, awake and Stop not till
      the goal is reached

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      Check this out....

mini flexible tripod
      I have a similar tripod and its good only for slim/light weight digital cameras and definitely not for DSC H50 which is comparatively big and heavy.

You can try this which is a better option CA15 PORTABLE LIGHTWEIGHT DIGITAL CAMERA TRIPOD STAND % | eBay
      Last edited by venbab; 24th Oct 2011 at 16:59.
      Donate BLOOD Save Lives

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Guys, I am 6 feet in height. I do not have a problem in bending and have a strong and healthy back .
      Should it affect my decision on the maximum height of tripod I should buy?

��✂�� �� ���� ��
      just a man and his will to
      survive

Awesome

hi guys, Great to find this thread here..... even Im looking for a Tripod for my Canon 550D. Can anyone help!! Too confused with so many brands available- vanguard, manfrotto or a gorilla type. I checked the gorilla mini tripod model above...but its not meant for a DSLR....so pls advise me accordingly. Also wat sod i look for in the tripod...I want somthg light tat fits in my bagpack, thats easy and fast to mount. Price upto 4- 5k. Thanks in advance.
      Chances favour the prepared mind

Awesome

Guys, I am telling this with experience. No use buying cheap flimsy tripods.
      1. They are not stable when you place something remotely heavy. When you remove your hand after setting up the camera, it would have shifted
      2. They break easily. The handles of my tripod fell off. My friend's tripod cracked.

These are designed for light weight P&S cameras and at best used for rare occations and when you have the camera strap at your hand lest something goes wrong.

@Beasta, height matters to a certain extent. But, what matters more is the load bearing capacity of the tripod. Weigh your heaviest setup (camera + lens) and buy a tripod rated for twice that weight.

Global Moderator
      Eindhoven,NL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gegonbones View Post
      hi guys, Great to find this thread here..... even Im looking for a Tripod for my Canon 550D. Can anyone help!! Too confused with so many brands available- vanguard, manfrotto or a gorilla type. I checked the gorilla mini tripod model above...but its not meant for a DSLR....so pls advise me accordingly. Also wat sod i look for in the tripod...I want somthg light tat fits in my bagpack, thats easy and fast to mount. Price upto 4- 5k. Thanks in advance.
      gegonbones

What lens do you have / planning to acquire ? The weight of your Camera+ lense plays a major role in your choice of Tripod , all tripods have a designed capacity try to match this with your requirement. and always acount for some extra tolerance to be safe with the equipment. a fall could be disastrous.

I would suggest that you stick to either the Vanguard, Benro or Manfrotto [ not necessarily in this order] IMHO

Also ensure that the head that you get with the tripod meets your requirements, such a three way panning , ball head , pan and tilt etc , ensure that you are able to pan smoothly with the heads.

And well if you need the tripod to be be really mobile use the carbon fiber version and then you go way over your budget.

Check out the websites of the manufacturer thoroughly before you take he plunge, the below Indian websites are good indicators of the actual price in india

Online Shopping , Compare Price,Review, Compare price and Shop online in India. Shop Online best price for Digital Cameras, Digital SLR Cameras, Camera Accessories, Camera Lenses, Camcorders, Mobile Phones, MP3 Players, Ipods, Laptops, Storage Devices, O
      Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories

I use a Manfrotto 055XPROB + 808RC4 Three way head for outdoor uses and a Manfrotto 209 Tabletop Tripod Legs w/ 492 Micro Ball Head for indoor macro work [ well if at all]

And as jaguar rightly said do remember that you are going to trust the safety of your costly DSLR and Lense with the tripod so try and get a good one even if it means extending you budget by a couple of thousands .

��✂�� �� ���� ��
      just a man and his will to
      survive

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by HELLSTAR View Post
      gegonbones

What lens do you have / planning to acquire ? The weight of your Camera+ lense plays a major role in your choice of Tripod , all tripods have a designed capacity try to match this with your requirement. and always acount for some extra tolerance to be safe with the equipment. a fall could be disastrous.

I would suggest that you stick to either the Vanguard, Benro or Manfrotto [ not necessarily in this order] IMHO

Also ensure that the head that you get with the tripod meets your requirements, such a three way panning , ball head , pan and tilt etc , ensure that you are able to pan smoothly with the heads.

And well if you need the tripod to be be really mobile use the carbon fiber version and then you go way over your budget.

Check out the websites of the manufacturer thoroughly before you take he plunge, the below Indian websites are good indicators of the actual price in india

Online Shopping , Compare Price,Review, Compare price and Shop online in India. Shop Online best price for Digital Cameras, Digital SLR Cameras, Camera Accessories, Camera Lenses, Camcorders, Mobile Phones, MP3 Players, Ipods, Laptops, Storage Devices, O
      Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories

I use a Manfrotto 055XPROB + 808RC4 Three way head for outdoor uses and a Manfrotto 209 Tabletop Tripod Legs w/ 492 Micro Ball Head for indoor macro work [ well if at all]

And as jaguar rightly said do remember that you are going to trust the safety of your costly DSLR and Lense with the tripod so try and get a good one even if it means extending you budget by a couple of thousands .
      Hi.....wat do u feel about this one....
      Flipkart.com: Vanguard Alta+ 203AP: Tripod
      Thanks in advance
      Chances favour the prepared mind

Awesome

The load capacity is just 2Kg. Better stay away.

Global Moderator
      Eindhoven,NL

Awesome

this tripod will hold ground with upto 300 mm non- L series lenses , but anything over this might be risky so take your call buddy ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information