• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICE for Punto-

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

ICE for Punto-

Warm regards to all the members. I have joined gearheads today (16/11/11).

I am a member on another famous forum for car geeks..was going through the internet to quench my thirst on one query which was not resolved on the other forum.

Query: I drive a FIAT Punto Diesel Active since 3/10/11 and have been searching for a good ICE setup ever before the buy. Have caught up a bit on few aspects. I do have some equipments and installer in mind, but then I really wanted to have an expert opinion.

Idea-Looking for a decent SQ'ed setup under 20k without any subs and amps as of now. Below are few details-
      • HU with USB and Aux-in.have Kenwood 6046, 546 BT, MP543U, Pioneer 4390, 4850 in mind.
      • Front comps- Infinity 6030/6530, Hertz/ Rockport/ Morel-Maximo
      • Rear Co-ax--Not yet decided. Is 6' Co-ax a decent option as I do not want 6x9 on parcel tray..
      • Damping- Really got serious on this after reading, and the logic struck me..Decided to install all the four doors..Have bought 2 packs(6 sheets each) from Wurth at 1100 per box...

Requirements from Gearhead'ers- Request you to please provide your suggestions on the idea that I have. Will appreciate if you can quote the approximate prices in Delhi-NCR..I have few quotes with me from varied sources, and would like a second opinion from the learned ones.
      Above mentioned items are just an idea and anything that you aedit/modify will really help me deciding. I am very comfortable with blindly following expert advice..
      I have Driven in East Kailash, Delhi, in my mind , for the installer. Have spoken with them for the damping also and will be going today(16/11/11) to visit and probably get the damping done...what should be the reasonable charges for Damping installation for the material I mentioned before.
      Are their better(experience/hassle free/reliable/reasonably priced) options for the installer?

I will really be thankful if you guys can revert to this with your respective and respected views on my query in next couple of hours...although I don't think I will get the ICE done today itself, if I am not provided with suggestions by you!!!

Waiting for your response while at work and trying hard to conceal my laptop screen from my Manager and colleagues...

Hungry

Hi kumarashish10 , you can get :

1. HU: Kenwood 6046 approx 8k
      2. Components: Infinity 6530cs or Morel Maximo approx 5.5k (choose as peer your taste when auditioning)
      3. Rear Coaxials : Same as components(Infinity or Morel) 4k

Kenwood 6046 is a decent HU with 24 bit DAC and nice SQ. Infinity and Morel components are best bang for the buck. But, the sound signature is different.So, audition them before buying and choose according to your listening experience.
      You're planning to use the components and coaxials run by the HU. The speakers will be underpowered.
      For another, 5-6k you can also opt for Kenwood M845 amplifier. Its a 4 channel amplifier and will boost up the power levels of your speakers.

Driven is among the best professional installers in Delhi.

Cheers!
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde | 1996 Mercedes-Benz E220 | 2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O) | 2017 Isuzu D-Max V Cross | 2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta

Awesome

You can go for Infinity Components(6530) and JBL s644 amp .VFM.Also get a Sub.Mine is also Punto active and I am using Infinity 6530 cs, JBL s644 amp and JBL cs1215 sub.very happy with the setup.Bang for buck!!

Awesome

Thank guys for the replies. Although I would expect a lot more suggestions on this.
      If I do not intend to install a sub(suppose), is it a good bet to install a 4 channel amp powering the front comps and rear co-ax (or perhaps rear comps)?
      Also, on HU fromt, there has been an addition. Kenwood 549BT, an upgrade of 546 BT is available at 7800. It too has got 24 DAC but 2 pre-outs.Is it any good?

Awesome

I am expecting more replies on this thread
      Two specific queries other than the usual-
      • Components in rear and a 4-Ch amp to power front and rear comp--is it any good?(No sub)
      • Please direct me to a thread or link to learn on the settings for an HU(kenwood 546BT). I want to learn how to use the options to get the best possible SQ

swift dzire

Awesome

small car dont need rear compos, co-axial speaker will do at rear.
      better get a sub, a compos worth 30k cant give you the effect of a 3k sub.
      so a sub is a sub.

Awesome

kumarashish10 comps in front 2 door and rear 6*9 in d try with a 4 chanl should do d job for u and a try with box on it will be like no need of d sub anymore and head unit a blaupunkt mp3 bt should do d job and comp frm infinity are really gr8 and rear d 6*9 frm infin are too good.
      Ambica Auto Agencies
      1-8-32/66a lake view pats
      Minister road, Secunderabad.

Awesome

hi all,
      I am also in the same kinda situation. 20k budget for HU and front compos. Please some good alpine or kenwood HU's with some idea on their pricing.
      Kenwood U549bt is available for 9k here in Coimbatore. Is it good ? and alpine 103ebt for 13k, while alpine 125ebt for 12.5k.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by chazziitr View Post
      I am also in the same kinda situation. 20k budget for HU and front compos. Please some good alpine or kenwood HU's with some idea on their pricing.
      Kenwood U549bt is available for 9k here in Coimbatore. Is it good ? and alpine 103ebt for 13k, while alpine 125ebt for 12.5k.
      There are couple of Kenwood 7106 HU for sale in classifieds, have a look at it. These are rated very high and they are currently unavailable in the market. Also there is a Alpine 9887 for sale in classifieds, eyes closed pick up that HU.
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Extinguished GearHead
      Throttle first... Think
      later...

Awesome

You can look at the Polk db691 ovals available here
      A complete setup for sale minus 4 channel amp (budget setup)

Still has another 10 or 11 months odd of warranty if your exploring a without sub option.
      Catch me if you can.....
      '08 Hyundai Verna CRDi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information