• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much does Left ORVM cost in Tata Manza

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

How much does Left ORVM cost in Tata Manza

Hello Tata Manza owners : The Left ORVM hinge in my Tata Manza got broken due to biker from wrong side touching it. Normally even if any one touched while on run , the ORVM should be closed. But in this case the angle in which he hit was downwards i think. So the black colour hinge which holds the ORVM got broken. But the ORVM is fine and the joystick also works fine. I plan to do a m-seal or quickfix DIY to fix the broken hinge by pasting mseal all around. Think it will stand. But will be fragile and cannot be closed if i put mseal all around. Meantime i want to know the price of fixing ORVM . its not electric adjust or side indicator ORVM. Has the manual joystick adjustable. I could not locate in any web site. If anyone know the price pls indicate and also pls give me the link if present on web. I trie3d Tata customer care web site. Cannot find.
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

cbvijay,

My Vista's(2009 model) right hand side ORVM was replaced in the month of Nov'09. It was broken I crashed against a wall. It costed my around Rs. 650/- then. I presume that Manza and Vista's ORVM are the same. So, guessing that for you as well it should cost you something around Rs 650/-. Costs might have increased since then! You will need to factor that in. But then I am assuming that the increase cannot be more than 10-15%. Give a call to Ambattur Concorde and ask for the spares department. They should be able to provide a tentative cost on the phone.

You can get their number from the TATA Motors website. But then if you can just manage with the existing arrangement(i.e. temporarily stick the OVRM to the car) then nothing like that. You will never know what might happen in this Chennai/Bangalore traffic! One of my friend is running on this temporary arrangement for about a year now with no issues.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Global Poster

Awesome

My Vista's(2009 model) right hand side ORVM was replaced in the month of Nov'09. It was broken I crashed against a wall. It costed my around Rs. 650/- then. I presume that Manza and Vista's ORVM are the same. So, guessing that for you as well it should cost you something around Rs 650/-. Costs might have increased since then!
      Thanks roadracer. Do you mean the whole casing with mirror inside costs Rs.650 in 2009. Or you mean just the mirror. In my case the mirror and the outer casing is fine. The hinge that holds the casing to the A pillar, has broken. So I have to do the whole casing replacement. Will have to try the DIY. But it depends on luck whether it would stand the bangalore/chennai traffic
      Last edited by machi vijay; 29th Nov 2011 at 11:50.

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by cbvijay View Post
      Do you mean the whole casing with mirror inside costs Rs.650 in 2009. Or you mean just the mirror. In my case the mirror and the outer casing is fine. The hinge that holds the casing to the A pillar, has broken.
      The complete set up(including the mirror) was replaced and it costed around INR 650.00.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
      The complete set up(including the mirror) was replaced and it costed around INR 650.00.
      I enquired Concorde motors Ambattur. The total kit costs Rs.750/- for Manza. But the spare comes in black colour, So I need to paint it to red seperately, otherwise would look odd with oneside being red color.

Amazing Amaze

Awesome

When I decided to add left side OVRM to my indica back in 2008, the complete set of it costed me around 2000 (If my memory serves me correctly)

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
      When I decided to add left side OVRM to my indica back in 2008, the complete set of it costed me around 2000 (If my memory serves me correctly)
      Interesting. Is yours electric controlled or side indicator mirror or just manually joystick adjustable mirror. When I enquired Concorde over phone, the guy yold the whole set costs Rs.750. I donot know whether the guy misunderstood me or he did not know the correct details. But Roadracer also confirms that he changed whole set for Rs. 650 in 2009.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Is yours electric controlled or side indicator mirror or just manually joystick adjustable mirror.
      AFAIK Indica never came with electric controlled ORVM....it came with joystick adjustable mirror
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Amazing Amaze

Awesome

Interesting. Is yours electric controlled or side indicator mirror or just manually joystick adjustable mirror. When I enquired Concorde over phone, the guy yold the whole set costs Rs.750. I donot know whether the guy misunderstood me or he did not know the correct details. But Roadracer also confirms that he changed whole set for Rs. 650 in 2009.
      Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      AFAIK Indica never came with electric controlled ORVM....it came with joystick adjustable mirror
      Indeed correct. Its manual one.

Regarding the cost, it may be less but was not as less as 750 Rs for sure. I must also mention that my car didn't have left side ovrm so they had to install the complete set where in your case, you already had it. May be this makes any difference?

Global Poster

Awesome

Finally I did the DIY and have fixed the Left ORVM myself. I just bore tiny holes in the 2 parts of the broken plastic hinge . One part is with the ORVM housing other part fixed in the car. Then I place the ORVM and tied using black steel binding wires. Now the Left ORVM stands steady. Also the binding wires matches the black plastic shade and not visible.

I thought of replacing. but the spare would be black. Then I have to paint it red separately to maintain uniformity. Also I did not have much time to go to service center. So i did the DIY. Thought let it stand till the wires hold. During next service would be fixing the new spare ORVM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information