• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DIY | Morimoto H1 Mini 35 Watts Bi-Xenon retrofit on my Verna Headlights

FIAT has die-hard fans for a
      reason !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sharatbali View Post
      Hi
      Sorry for such a late reply to your message .
      actually i was not looking at the thread due to some other work .
      views really appreciated . I am again thinking of starting the project for my car ,
      as you told you bought projectors from aliexpress , you might have installed them by know as you sourced them long back .
      do you have some diy pics with you or the pics of the projectors before and after installing with night pics which shows the throw and quality .
      or you can mail me on sharatbali@yahoo.com
      You are by any chance from shimla ? Have a known whos also sharatbali. Anyways, if you planning to have projectors then you better come down to delhi and go directly to retrorides there. Saw his work and they are actually worth having a look. Iam also planning to pay a visit to him next month and get FXR 3.0s installed.
      If you can park it and not turn around to look at it

YOU HAVEN't BOUGHT THE RIGHT CAR !!

www.xenonplanet.in

Enjoying the refinement of
      ANHC

Awesome

shyamhegde - Hat's Off to your effort, intelligence and Stamina to make it successful
      Last edited by Deb; 25th Apr 2013 at 13:30.
      Thanking you
      Deb
      https://www.facebook.com/smartdebabrata
      Honda City i-VTEC | Bajaj Pulsar 180 UG5, 2018
      Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 | Ford Figo TDCi | Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi UG 4.5 2012 | Yamaha Gladiator 125 | Yamaha YBX 125 | Yamaha Crux | Yamaha Rx 100

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
      The set of projector, bulb, ballast. Amp-to-D2S connector, angel eye ccfl alltogether costed around 13K for me. Sourced from aescar china, except ccfl ring. I paid price higher due to customs duty I had to pay. Ballast is from hyluxtek and bulb of cnlight. Ballast must have been AC type as all currently sold ones are AC types if I am not wrong. AC in output side. 12V input is polarity based(+-)
      I guess I have few more pictures, will search when on laptop and post if it is of any use.
      If you plan fr such DIY, feel free to contact me. There are many knwowledgeable guys on this forum in this subject on the forum who cud pitch in if u open a thread abt you DIY.
      Hi,

With FX-R, I have heard you need to even cut some part of your reflector as unlike Mini, FX-R is not a direct bolt-on fitment. If yes, how did you manage to do it ? Did you require too much cutting ?
      Even I got to know that AES has some real good quality projectors. I guess TRS should also be some kind of Chinese or Taiwanese product, but their Customer service is unbeatable. 13k is the cost including all the required lamps, projectors, CCFL and Ballast etc right? TRS has similar setup for almost double the price. How about upgrading the HID kit with 55W setup? do you see a substantial difference in the light output ? I am having Xylo E9 and I am presently using H4 Bi-xenon HID kit in 4300K being used in reflectors. Although there's not much of wierd output from the reflectors, I was still thinking of going for projectors for the killer looks and especially the light throw. Your suggestions pls.

Regards,
      Rahul

<invisible>

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul Korde View Post
      Hi,

With FX-R, I have heard you need to even cut some part of your reflector as unlike Mini, FX-R is not a direct bolt-on fitment. If yes, how did you manage to do it ? Did you require too much cutting ?
      Even I got to know that AES has some real good quality projectors. I guess TRS should also be some kind of Chinese or Taiwanese product, but their Customer service is unbeatable. 13k is the cost including all the required lamps, projectors, CCFL and Ballast etc right? TRS has similar setup for almost double the price. How about upgrading the HID kit with 55W setup? do you see a substantial difference in the light output ? I am having Xylo E9 and I am presently using H4 Bi-xenon HID kit in 4300K being used in reflectors. Although there's not much of wierd output from the reflectors, I was still thinking of going for projectors for the killer looks and especially the light throw. Your suggestions pls.

Regards,
      Rahul
      Hi Rahul, not sure if this is too late a reply. Did not logon for last 10 days. Just saw this today.

1. yes you have to cut the reflector. FX-R is not a bolt-on for any reflector. I had to cut it just over a centimeter around the H4 bulb fitment neck. I used a hack-saw blade to do so. The reflector is very tricky material, very hard and brittle in nature. So patience is the key while cutting it. Have few spare blades in stock and just dont rush if you are at it.

2. AES also gives decent service and product. If you see the products, it is no different to TRS.

3. Upgrading to 50watts ballast must be okay in Xylo as the real estate in terms of air volue is decemt there, to help with additional heat. There is a difference in the 'hot-spot' with 50watts set-up (it is bright) in the reviews I read. XenonPro had posted some comparison in this thread also i guess? Cant recall the links of sites I had seen. It may be substantial difference in overall output but the projector as per AES is not designed to stay put with 50watts. TRS sells 50watt kit with similar projector though. So take your call.

Hope that helps. where you are from btw ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information