• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PradyZ Matt Black Yamaha R15 - Life Journey

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

PradyZ Matt Black Yamaha R15 - Life Journey

Hi all,

I changed my stock R15 headlights to projector setup headlights 1 and half years before, Right from one week of the setup i see the brightness of the light to be low. Since i liked the masculine and aggressive look of the projector setup and my Baby R1 looks exactly same as it mother R1 headlight when looked by projector, i don't have mood to change to stock R15 back rather i tried to ride in low brightness power. I guess this is due to the battery power getting low when switching on the headlights. Please note my projector works only in high beam and no low beam at all as it has only two pins in the bulb backside.

So i need help from all R15 owners whether they changed any headlights from stock and facing same issue and resolved by somehow changing battery or etc. Please guide me through this.

Here comes my second problem which is occurring for past 2 weeks. When headlights are ON during night time, after great strain to the engine, Yellow light is glowing in the odo. I thought it to be low level of coolant oil. Took bike to BikerZ and checked the same. But no issues at all. All are perfect. Checked all the wires of the horn and headlight. No problem at all. After 3 to 4 days i myself found that its again due to battery power. When headlights are ON, i cannot honk properly. Its like donkey screaming voice ... Did any one changed the battery ? I fear to change battery that all connections in bike are only with battery as it is the heart. No kick start to help out as well.

Yamaha service centre are not advising to change the battery. They saw please don't get into any risk. What risk is it ? will i be struck somewhere middle with bike not getting started without that specific battery? There are more powerful and best company battery are available. But Why ? Please help me my GH friends.

Please note i am quoting fully R15 owners please help just to know if anyone changed. Idea from all my GH friends are welcome !! Looking forward for suggestion so as to help my Sick boy to active boy !!

Here is the pic of the odo with yellow light.

Name:  Odo_Problem.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  50.3 KB
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

No Replies ???? .. Am i the only person suffering in this pain to my R15 ?

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

IIRC Your R15 is the only one we have now. But Bike experts can have a say on this. now where is Aargee
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Thought Process

Awesome

what watts bulbs does ur projector have. the alternator is not able to cope up with the high watts bulb it seems and there is load on the igniton coil too it seems. this causes jerks and power loss in the engine.

no wonder the check engine light is glowing up.

Rat in a race to don't know
      where...

Awesome

Check your battery to see if its still delivering the required amount of voltage!

And regarding the yellow light, that's the engine malfunction light. Please take it to a Authorized Yamaha service centre, they should be able to sort that out.
      2007 | Bajaj Pulsar 220 Dts-Fi | 120000 Kms
      2005 | Fiat Palio 1.2 NV Sport | 29000 Kms

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Italia-Linea View Post
      this causes jerks and power loss in the engine
      Yes at times i feel jerk too !!

Quote Originally Posted by Italia-Linea View Post
      the alternator is not able to cope up with the high watts bulb it seems and there is load on the igniton coil too it seems
      So what is the solution for this ? Changing the bulbs to low power or changing the battery which supports high power. Or is there any relay, ballast or something to cope up with exsisting setup ?

Quote Originally Posted by Praful View Post
      Check your battery to see if its still delivering the required amount of voltage!
      Ya Praful, even i thought battery to be low and took battery and checked the same as well, its showing correct voltage. And battery shop person said my battery is perfect and dont need any charge and all.

And regarding the yellow light, that's the engine malfunction light. Please take it to a Authorized Yamaha service centre, they should be able to sort that out
      The thing is this happens only at times and not always, so my bad luck is that whenever i take it to the authorized shop, its not glowing at all. Even when i say that its glowing for me, and its not showing now. Then the service guy says, u have installed projector, u have installed bosch twin horn. So battery wont follow all these. Try to remove all and replace to stock, it will be fine is what that service person is saying. So i am completely lost

Not taking it to the authorized dealer does not seem to work unless i remove all the extra accesories
      Last edited by Pradeep; 6th Dec 2011 at 12:51.

Rat in a race to don't know
      where...

Awesome

You need to check what is the output voltage at the RR unit as well.

And I am not sure how the R15's diagnostic tool works, but if the engine malfunction light comes ON. There will be a error code that will be triggered and maintained in the ECU. You can see the error code and figure out which sensor had/has switched ON. This is how it works on my Pulsar 220 Fi, I don't think the ECU would be too different on the R15.
      2007 | Bajaj Pulsar 220 Dts-Fi | 120000 Kms
      2005 | Fiat Palio 1.2 NV Sport | 29000 Kms

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

You can see the error code and figure out which sensor had/has switched ON
      Thanks Bro...Will check that.

Thought Process

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep View Post
      So what is the solution for this ? Changing the bulbs to low power or changing the battery which supports high power. Or is there any relay, ballast or something to cope up with exsisting setup ?
      you dint tell me the wattage of your bulbs. and i hope they are not cheap chinese ones which cause a lot of problem.

immediate diagnosis i would suggest you is to remove that damn bulb and connect the normal bulbs first. check whether problem still persists.

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

looks like you have connected a bulb that draws more current than your wiring can carry. over a period of time the excessive heat it has messed up your wiring harness and that is hitting every electrical system in the bike including the horn and the ECU.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information