• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any Good YAMAHA service centers in and around BTM layout, Bangalore?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Question Are there any Good YAMAHA service centers in and around BTM layout, Bangalore?

Hi,
      All,

I am from Bangalore.

I have YAMAHA SS125 (previously called Gladiator) which I bought some 7 months ago. I took Third Free service recently. I like the bike in every aspect but having a problem lately.

I am not able to ride the bike beyond 50 - 60 kmph even in the fifth gear. If I accelerate too much, the bike does not get speed but engine heats up.

I discussed the problem with the Mr. Rajesh at PERFECT RIDERS, jayanagar, but the technicians there had limited knowledge and were unable to locate the problem. The same with the PERFECT RIDERS, Lalbagh from where I purchased the bike.

The problem seems to be with the Clutch assembly ( as I came to know after talking to a guy from YAMAHA AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTER at my Native place, who is very knowledgeable). He advised me to change the clutch plates. So, I decided to get it done with my Third free service which was due. When I gave it for service to PERFECT RIDERS, jayanagar, I explained them the complete problem with the required fix. But when I went to get the bike back, they told they did not change the plates as they were fine. The problem still persisted.

So, I decided to show it to a local guy and get it done through him. He looked knowledgeable initially as he located the problem correctly. I purchased the clutch plates,still plates and other stuffs and gave it to him, but that guy was totally confused once he opened the clutch assembly. He replaced the plates but messed up the clutch, he opened again (repeated 7-8 times) and fixed it, but messed up the gears this time. After several attempts he could close it but he could not fix the actual problem.

So, I was back to square one with almost Rs. 1200/- spent.

I came to know about this website as I was searching about some good workmen in and around BTM layout, Bangalore. I thought the community here can help me to find a good and experienced workmen with good knowledge of YAMAHA bikes.

Can you people please suggest some good local workmen who have good knowledge and experience in YAMAHA bikes in and around BTM layout, Bangalore? I don't see any point going to Authorized service center as they do not know anything except washing and oiling the bikes.

Waiting for replies.

Thank you all.

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Sad to hear that your bike is struggling now himanshu1983.

Since you need a service station over there in bangalore, i could not help you out and if in chennai i would have.

Dont worry we have lots of expertise members over there in Blore in this forum.

Tagging Praful , 007, Aargee, Italia-Linea, para_7k for your help.
      Last edited by Pradeep; 27th Dec 2011 at 11:31.
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Awesome

I doubt clutch plates being shot. Bike is just seven months old. How many kilometers on ODO?

If you are out of warranty period, then you could try DTW. Be forewarned, his charges are what others would term a rip-off!! You can speak to the owner Mr. Satish himself if you drop in a bit early around 8:45-9AM. His technicians know how to put back stuff atleast
      YAMAHA RX100 1986
      YAMAHA RX135 2002
      FIAT PUNTO 1.3MJD 2011
      CHEVROLET SPARK 2011

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

another place that i can refer is called Biker's Brew.. but its far.. in Girinagar. the person Praveen is definitely knowledgeable. though he specializes in RD and RX .. he also works on other Yamahas like r15s etc.

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Awesome

Pradeep : Thanks for the Healing words..
      NitinGirish : ODO Shows 3283 Km. The bike should be in warranty period since it is only 7 months old. Can you suggest any other than DTW which is near by BTM ? Thanks.
      bhpistorqintorpm : Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know any places near BTM or Bannerghatta road ? Even JP Nagar is fine.

Waiting for more suggestions from members.

Thanks all.

Awesome

For a job of this nature, I would suggest you be willing to sacrifice little bit of comfort and travel anywhere within Bengaluru. I hope you find a good mech in/around BTM. But if you don't find one, please do not go to a mech simply because he is closeby.
      YAMAHA RX100 1986
      YAMAHA RX135 2002
      FIAT PUNTO 1.3MJD 2011
      CHEVROLET SPARK 2011

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

himanshu1983 - karthikdattag will be able to help
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Enjoying Bangalore rain and
      weather

Awesome

There is a mechanic near lalbagh gate near MTR- Bangalore Motor works. He works on all Yamaha bikes. You could try there. It is on the RHS on the way to Basavanagudi, very close to MTR lalbagh gate.
      Dzire Vdi 2010
      Matiz SD 2000
      TVS Streak 2009
      Kawasaki 4S 1995

"Success is like your own shadow, if u try to catch then u will never succeed, ignore it and walk in your own way....it will follow u.."

RX for life

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      himanshu1983 - karthikdattag will be able to help
      Thanks for recommeding. I stay in Malleswaram & my tuner is put up in Mathikere. If distance is not an issue for Himanshu, then would request him to meet me in person & i will do the needful.

Thanks.
      Team Energy Induction

Awesome

karthikdattag : Thanks karthik for the help. Its you whom I will contact in case I do not get any other good mechanic nearby. I am not scared of traveling that far but I generally have only saturdays available and If I travel that far, taking traffic conditions in bangalore into consideration, very little time will remain for actual repair job. So let's see how it goes. Thanks again

bhpistorqintorpm : Thanks bhpistorqintorpm for suggestion. I think I can travel to girinagar. I want some more information about the guy. Can u help ? How was your personal experience at 'Bikers Brew'? How about his charges? What amount of work he normally has, I mean Can I get the bike back on same day? Its important for me to know this since I would have only saturdays available with me.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks you all members.
      Last edited by himanshu1983; 29th Dec 2011 at 13:21.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information