• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Test Drive - All New Mahindra Bolero ZLX & Xylo D2

:)

Awesome

Test Drive - All New Mahindra Bolero ZLX & Xylo D2

Test Drive - All New Mahindra Bolero ZLX & Xylo D2

Fortunately had requested India Garage, Bangalore last week to send demo vehicle of the new Bolero for a test drive. The Sales Rep also considered tagging along a Xylo D2 for Test Drive. I was indeed happy to accept the offer to test drive both, as I had missed the Xylo test drive earlier. Both Vehicles were lined up, picked the new bolero for a test drive.

Vehicle specification for the new Bolero and Xylo D2 is sourced from Mahindra site are as below,

New Bolero -
      http://www.mahindrabolero.com/models...1.aspx?model=1

Xylo -
      http://www.mahindraxylo.co.in/specifications.asp

Firstly - The New Bolero
      The fit and finish of the vehicle looks real good and was very impressed by the new looks of the Bolero.

The Dashboard looks good and gives you a good feel of the vehicle although looks roomy because of the beige shade, the leg room is cramped especially if the driver adjusted his seat a bit back. One thing which was strange was the drivers foot well was bit deep because of the bulky finish of the Dash hitting my shin bone even at my height(5' 7") had to adjust the seat a bit back to reach ABC. I somehow wasn't comfortable driving with my shin touching the lower part of the dash board.

Had a good feel of the refined engine, the response was good. Took the new Bolero for a spin to get a good feel of the suspensions the effect of the rigidness like the old Bolero is still present.

Overall fit and finish was good, the exterior of the New Bolero has matured through the age. The seat in the second row is comfortable however gets cramped if either of the driver or co-passenger moves the seats behind a few inches. Felt the thigh support wasn't great in the driver and co-passenger seat (probably felt because of my sedan comfort). Not much has been touched on the rear seating, will feel bit cramped like the old Bolero.

Its a VFM MUV for the adventurers with the new looks.

Secondly - Xylo D2

There are many review on the Xylo in GH, hence wouldn't go much in detail on the Xylo.

The vehicle was a pleasant surprise for my test drive, hopped into the Xylo D2 and was very happy with the fit and finish of the interiors, not the exterior looks though
      (no offence meant). The Engine was smooth and responsive. The Xylo was very comfortable to drive around. The potholes were not felt and had comfortable seating overall. The seats in the third row were comfortable with AC outlets in the roof. The NVH level is less.

After test driving the New Bolero, was a happy man to have touched the new beast in town. The Bolero is a MUV for the rural and adventuring kind as always stands out as a MUV, Xylo more for a sedan like driving comfort in a MUV.

Apologies for no pics, as was glued driving
      ----------------------
      Robz

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by robertdj77 View Post
      Firstly - The New Bolero
      Thanks for sharing your feedback after test drive. Just wanted to check, the new Bolero comes with digital cluster, Is it something like Civic or Pulser Bikes.

From pics, it looks more like a Radio Tuner. Can you share more details on that?

Name:  bolero-digi.PNG
Views: 1000
Size:  46.0 KB

Don't know why, MUV like Bolero needs a digital cluster. (I still like traditional needle based speedometer)
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by anubhavt View Post
      the new Bolero comes with digital cluster
      Hi anubhavt, the new Bolero comes with the Digital Cluster as mentioned in the pic. All information like Distance to empty, time and speed are in Digital format. The Driver information also provides information like the pictorial image of doors open. The placement of the Digital Dashboard is compact and nice, similar to Civic but smaller in size. Its a nice add to the new Bolero.

The ZLX also comes with Voice Messaging system for seat belt warning and low fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by anubhavt View Post
      From pics, it looks more like a Radio Tuner.
      Felt the same way when I looked at it first.
      ----------------------
      Robz

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Smile

HI Robz any Indication of price tag! for new Bolero!!

Awesome

Hi Jay_tech, the pricing of new Bolero ZLX is around Rs. 8.30 Lakhs on-road in Bengaluru.
      ----------------------
      Robz

Thread Information