Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by badri View Post
      Do you have any contacts for this?
      Visit GP road and check in Mahaveers
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

You Think!

Awesome

I am appalled to read regarding your Cedia even more so being a Cedizen myself. This looks like an inside (someone within the society) job for whatever reason God only knows.

As for the vehicle itself, first of all if only the wiper blades have been removed then immediately wrap the metal arms tips (where the U bends are) in a thick cloth and secure the same with a tape. There is a good enough chance that when you take it to the workshop someone might turn the wipers on to check for damage to the wiper motors but may do so without raising the wiper arms and this could leave you with a scratched wind screen.

The wipers themselves are easy to replace, just buy Bosch wipers sizes 21"(RHS) and 19"(LHS) (size same as the Swift) and the pair should cost you approx. 500/- If you go for the latest 'Aero Twin' also from Bosch the pair is available for 1200/-

The antenna & the ORVM you will be able to get only at the service centre and the price for the mirror assembly will be around 8K, what with it being equipped with electric control module etc. I am surprised though, as Cedia's mirror modules are very very tough and very difficult to break or remove unless done from the inside per regulations. I got in to a tussle with a Civic once and while the Civic's mirror shattered on impact the Cedia's mirror did not even fold. At the moment also there are scratch marks on my RHS ORVM which are a result of hit by a TATA 407 no less. It was a series of repeated glancing blows by the decorative iron lattice work on the LCV's sides which hit the mirror atleast 4 times. This was in a traffic jam and I could not move and the LCV just went on its merry way in the opposite direction. Save for the scratches there was no other damage. The guy in your case must desperately need that mirror and it would not hurt to walk around the society's parking looking out for a vehicle with a broken/missing ORVM yet to be replaced with the stolen one.

As for the insurance policy, the all inclusive policy attracts a higher premium and as such insurance agents do not push it for the fear of losing business on account of the higher outgo. I do not mean to discourage you but it is quite difficult to move from the normal comprehensive policy to the all inclusive one unless you change your insurance company too. Further the 100% policy is available for the first three years only and that too for a new vehicle (save for TATA AIG that gives it for 5 years). While on the subject within the 100% coverage policy, one can pay yet extra premium and this ensures that you can take one/two claims (varies form insurer to insurer) within the insurance year without affecting the NCB.

On second thoughts regarding the incident, could this be the guy in whose parking you might have inadvertently parked / blocked his passage etc. Whatever be the reason there is no excuse for damaging anyone else's property in such uncivilized manner, my sympathies.
      Beer is proof that God likes us & wants us to be happy

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Thanks Khoj .. Does the ORVM come as a pair or do they replace single as well?

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by badri View Post
      Does the ORVM come as a pair or do they replace single as well?
      It comes as single
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Take it easy

Awesome

Very sorry to know about the damage. How do such vandals have the heart to do such horrible things? I felt very bad when I had my spark's monogram ripped out twice. This is of greater magnitude. My sincere sympathies with Badri. Hope you are able to restore your car to its earlier glory soon and keep a close eye on it after that.
      The journey of a thousand miles begins with 1 step.............................on the gas !

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Thanks for your concerns Carma.. Have ordered the spares and waiting for its shipment now.. Cedia will be back in action shortly

Amazing Amaze

Awesome

Badri, sorry about this incident. I only have to say one thing - Start another thread with the same subject line and replace "by" with "the". Hopefully this will give you some peace of mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information