• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Projekt Basshead now complete - Videos added

Certified Basshead !!

Awesome

Projekt Basshead now complete - Videos added

Every one has there own version of story how they started with here first car audio install, upgraded it and came to a halt finally being satisfied. Did i say satisfied ? I guess not and i doubt i will ever
      My journey is just as interesting as any other guy who had been to Delhi ka World Famous
      "Karol bagh". There's a mystical vibe to that market, once you are about to reach there , you start to lose your confidence & once u are there, you have completely lost your mind. Even Boss audio and soundbarrier will appeal more to you than Alpine and Audison. You will trust the shopkeeper more then you ever trusted your ego.

No one ever got off the hands of those skill full shopkeepers for the very first time , for the very first install. Mine started when this nasty ICE bug bit me while i owned an Optra. What is the most common phrases karol bagh guys say when u ask them "sir konsa brand acha hai "

any guess ?
      it is " pioneer is best! "
      "sir boss lagalo, boss is best"
      "sir oriiiziinal hai "
      " sir best hai best "
      and the ultimate- "sir JBL world ka sabse best brand hai, isse upar toh kuch aata hi nahi"

and the funny thing is - you just trust them more then your parents and your life itself .. the 4 year old child is jumping inside you every second you are standing inside the shop ! the very first sound of woofers getting installed outside the shop. Rich kids with dual woofers boxes in plexi glass bandpass enclosures ! Bling bling lighting , its just experience of the lifetime for many of us.

Anyways , i am no less a victim any more then congress running this country today.

so this was my first setup - some jhakaas flashy Pioneer HU
      Pioneer TS-20 - ah! which car dare leave karol bagh 5 years ago without this legendary tweeter !
      JBL GTO 607C compos
      Infinity Ref 9623i 6x9
      Sound Barrier x2
      Boss Wiring
      JBL bass tube as well
      and front component tweeters in the rear tray ! beat that !

P.S> my install happened in a local shop in faridabad itself.

I wish i had pics to share..But this all happened when i bought my first car. slowly and gradually and after hours of studying on internet it was time to upgrade all the equipment after just 4 months..

But before i continue, would like to ask if anyone here has had similar kind of experience anywhere?...
      Sundown Audio Nuthugger !!

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhav Gupta View Post
      would like to ask if anyone here has had similar kind of experience anywhere?...
      another honorary member to the club of the farting amplifier ... Sound Barrier AKA Alpine V2 5400W PMPO

my humble start was from this monstrosity as well .. with fake sony xplod speakers as well which ashamedly were used to test the Audison Bit One.1 ... i guess one should not forget his roots

your signature is lethal enough to read .. damn how badass must it sound .. post pics and videos plzzz

OT: Thanks for the help long time back with the SHOK speaker cables mate ( not sure if you remember ) ... still one of the most VFM cables I used .. still got some left with me ..
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

Certified Basshead !!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
      Thanks for the help long time back with the SHOK speaker cables mate ( not sure if you remember ) ... still one of the most VFM cables I used .. still got some left with me ..
      I do remember buddy and we have reduced the pricing of Shok Power cables..

Regarding my signature, Almost all of the above equipment has been sold off already months ago, i am starting a new setup so my story continues..Lets c how many other people have had this kind of experience before..

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Hungry

would like to ask if anyone here has had similar kind of experience anywhere?...
      well most have an experience of this sort anyway..

Its part of growing up in our country.. where first you just want to have the things (crappy) and then you learn and get the things (branded,good) but once you do you need to get the things (the itch) and it continues..

p.s : Love your tweets..
      SCROSS DDiS 220..
      Owner : Dream Audio

IS aware that he can set his
      status here!

Awesome

Rich kids with dual woofers boxes in plexi glass bandpass enclosures ! Bling bling lighting , its just experience of the lifetime for many of us.
      talk about this mate. The way most installs are done in this side of the woods - it's all measured in out-cabin noise and in-cabin noise.. and the only parameter of SQ being how loud can the speakers/sub can sound with the gains at 90% or above.

Audison SRX4
      Don't take me otherwise - but IMHO - this badly needs an upgrade?? The other equipment looks quite unique and interesting. Must meet for an audition.

Certified Basshead !!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sumeetonweb View Post
      and the only parameter of SQ being how loud can the speakers/sub can sound with the gains at 90% or above.
      Spot on !! I have seen people standing 10 metres from the car and shouting " ab chalao. If i can hear it from here i am happy" lol. and it happens everywhere. And the Dilemma is people are ready to spend money but they are not given right knowledge by right people..

Quote Originally Posted by sumeetonweb View Post
      Don't take me otherwise - but IMHO - this badly needs an upgrade?? The other equipment looks quite unique and interesting. Must meet for an audition.
      We will surely meet mate but only after my current installation is finished which will take at-least a month to complete..

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

I started my ICE journey with an Alpine V12 MRV F304 (yes the Red one) about 1.5 years ago.
      What can I say, it was the first ICE equipment that I bought in my life. After that came Infinity componets, ovals and JBL sealed amp to be used along with the 5400w Alternator SQ Monster. Wiring was a Rs. 300 Boss Kit.
      Had installed this setup in my Verna and the HU was the stock Kenwood HU (with 2 pre-outs and SRS WOW). At first after the install, was not able to rectify the alternator whine. It was a surprise to me(everytime, I believed it was a genuine Alpine V12).
      Planned to replace the RCAs with Sommer + Neutrik custom made from Chiragh Bir. So that the whine could go. He asked me : 'In what amp are you going to use these high end RCAs?' I boldly replied : 'Alpine V12 MRV F304'. CB : 'What?, Show me the pic.' I showed him the pic. and came to know about the bitter truth. The very next day, I sold the beloved Alpine amp and bought a JBL 644. Rest is history.

And some tribute to my Alpine MRV F304 : This is the best alternator SQ amp ever made. The chasis is made up of anodised red copper, the speaker and RCA terminals are pure gold, this amp is capable to run 4 DVC sub woofers off 4 channels in active configuration.
      Power Ratings are :
      4 X 350w @ 4 ohms
      4 X 550w @ 2 ohms
      2 X 1350w @ 4ohms (bridged)
      2 X 2700w @ 2ohms (bridged)
      2 X 5400w @ 1ohm (bridged)

CEA 2006 and IASCA rated it as the best Alternator SQ Amp.
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde
      1996 Mercedes-Benz E220

2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      2017 Isuzu D-Max V Cross: PX5 Android HU -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| Sony XM-GS4 | Kravchenko KAXBLTWT & HAT Legatia L6SE | Boston GT2125 | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | SounDigital SD250.1| Infinity REF1200S
      2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta

Certified Basshead !!

Awesome

Its hard to see there are still people out there who wouldn't believe its a fake Alpine..No wonder alpine wasn't able to put out good sale figures when it comes to amplifiers..

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Anubhav Gupta I believe you are still the only guy on GH running the awesome Fi Qs. Don't tell me you have sold them as well.
      I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

Certified Basshead !!

Awesome

Yup they have been sold..but the next Subs are from Fi itself..will get to them later on

Now my story continues....

So after 4 months there came a time to upgrade. So all the previous equipment was sold off for peanuts and new equipment was in process to be shortlisted..One of my close friend's uncle was coming from USA and i took an undue advantage of his generosity..

He brought the following things :-

Alpine Type-R 12" subwoofers (2 no.s)
      Alpine MRD-M1000 mono amplifier
      Directed Audio 4 Awg wiring kit
      Power Acoustik capacitor (3.0 farad)

And all these things were installed in the Optra itself with the old components -Jbl Gto 607c plus a new HU- Alpine 9887

The install took place a Driven, East of Kailash, Delhi. It was my first experience with Ranaji and i was very impressed with the install. It was very neat.. To give you guys an idea here are the pics..

Name:  hj.jpg
Views: 1485
Size:  41.7 KBName:  hjh.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  31.0 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0541.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	905.6 KB 
ID:	68042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0550.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	68043

Overall an awesome job done by Driven..But the story doesn't stop here..to be continued..

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information