• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to register my DL car but im currently in KA

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Need to register my DL car but im currently in KA

Hey guys, I have to register my DL 2002 Palio but i havent/wont be about to go to delhi for a while. Im currently in KA for college. Is there any way i can give all my info and papers to a friend and he can do it for me, or does anyone know any contacts in delhi that can help. Also what paper work do i need? Please help me out here. Im from canada, so i have no idea about the procedures for india. Thanks alot guys

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by JayGrey View Post
      Hey guys, I have to register my DL 2002 Palio but i havent/wont be about to go to delhi for a while. Im currently in KA for college. Is there any way i can give all my info and papers to a friend and he can do it for me, or does anyone know any contacts in delhi that can help. Also what paper work do i need? Please help me out here. Im from canada, so i have no idea about the procedures for india. Thanks alot guys

I dont think this can be done without the car being produced for inspection at the time of registration. The best would be to contact a reliable agent. (stress on 'reliable').

In the meantime go thru this for rules - Transport - however please bear in mind that variations to the rules mentioned are almost par for the course. Ensure you check with your regional RTO before you collate requirements.

Here is another informative site - transportindia.in
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      I dont think this can be done without the car being produced for inspection at the time of registration
      That totally sucks, dont think the car will be goin back to delhi for another 1year or 2. Is okay if i get it transferred then? Even though the date on the transfer papers would be of now?

Global Moderator
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by JayGrey View Post
      That totally sucks, dont think the car will be goin back to delhi for another 1year or 2. Is okay if i get it transferred then? Even though the date on the transfer papers would be of now?
      Not if the transfer papers are dated - If so, you have a 15 day window to register it... else you will need fresh paperwork with relevant dates - and more importantly the previous owners signatures! YOu can however try to get him to sign the papers without putting in the dates, and fill in the dates when you are ready to register- but this has it own implications.

If I were the owner I will not hand over the car without transfer taking place - since till it does, it continues to be my liability. Therefore I most definitely will not agree to any such arrangement if it were my car.
      Last edited by kb100; 17th Feb 2012 at 20:34.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      If I were the owner I will not hand over the car without transfer taking place - since till it does, it continues to be my liability. Therefore I most definitely will not agree to any such arrangement if it were my car.
      The last owner is my batch mate here in college, I bought the car in october but havent gone to delhi since then. I can get him to fill out the transfer papers again i guess without the dates. I dont understand why transferring ownership is so complicated here.
      Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost if i was to transfer it to my karnataka address here in college? The taxes etc. Also what papers or extra work would be needed to do that?

Global Moderator
      auto-correct!

Awesome

The taxes in Karnataka are very high. You might end up paying equal to the value of the car if you chose to get it registered here. The rates,calculation etc can be had on the RTO website.

Since its a batchmate the best way to take this forward will be to get some papers signed without dates in them, and then pls drive very very responsibly - because anything you do with the car continues to be your friends responsibility!

Countess Crapula

Awesome

JayGrey My Palio had Tamilnadu registration when I bought it from Sundaram Motors. Got it changed to Karnataka registration without too much hassle. Never got back my lifetime tax paid in TN though. Taxes in KA are atrociously high. best thing is to check with the RTO in your area.
      The Basshead @ The Tuning Folks

Linea TJet+/JVC-KD AVX77/Helix C-DSP/ Helix A4/ HelixA2/ Helix C62C/Helix P12E
      Without music, life would be a mistake. Friedrich Nietzsche

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xx carmozome View Post
      JayGrey My Palio had Tamilnadu registration when I bought it from Sundaram Motors. Got it changed to Karnataka registration without too much hassle. Never got back my lifetime tax paid in TN though. Taxes in KA are atrociously high. best thing is to check with the RTO in your area.
      You were in Bangalore and then moved to Ahmedabad ?
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Countess Crapula

Awesome

Yes Pradeep I moved from Bangalore to Ahmedabad only last year
      The Basshead @ The Tuning Folks

Linea TJet+/JVC-KD AVX77/Helix C-DSP/ Helix A4/ HelixA2/ Helix C62C/Helix P12E
      Without music, life would be a mistake. Friedrich Nietzsche

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xx carmozome View Post
      I moved from Bangalore to Ahmedabad only last year
      TN??
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information