• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KA 05 to KA 12!!! In 2 wheels but Human Powered :)

Lone Ranger

Awesome

KA 05 to KA 12!!! In 2 wheels but Human Powered :)

This was something which was running in mind since a very long time!

Ride to Coorg by bicycle?? A YES and A NO!!! Who will win finally?

A Big YES because there are so many people who have already done it successfully!

A Big NO because am i capable of doing this ride successfully without any problem? So many reasons for the failure and i was still under the shock of the failure in Brevert 200 with multiple flats which made me end the ride abruptly! Another reason is my right knee which was operated for the broken patella 3 years back and even though there is not much problem i was worried whether such a long ride in cycle will cause some serious problem to my knees!

The result!!! Completed the ride to Coorg with flying colors in 14:15 hours!including breaks

The plan was made several weeks before and one after other started dropping from the ride for various reasons. Only 2 of us (me and Hari) were left out and it was decided to ride on 30th December 2011 at 4:30 am.

Name:  PC300007.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  28.3 KB

With the preparations we started at 4:45 am from Nice Road junction (after PESIT College) and headed in steady pace towards Mysore. The weather was perfect for cycling and we rode really hard till Ramnagar. We had a small breakfast at Ramanagar and headed towards Maddur. There was minimal Traffic at that time and we were riding at ease.

Reached Mandya at 09:00 am ( we had planned to reach by 09:30 am) ahead of the schedule and headed towards Srirangapatna. Reached Srirangapatna at around 10:45 and we were expecting Mr.Jnanashekar who was heading to Mysore over a long weekend with his family. Called him and understood that he was 15 km behind Srirangapatna and we took a much deserved break. There was a vendor selling Sapota (Chikku) and we belted good 12 nos and then Jnanashekar arrived with his family.

Name:  PC300010.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  PC300013.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  59.2 KB

Name:  PC300019.JPG
Size:  64.1 KB

Name:  PC300020.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  143.0 KB

Name:  PC300022.JPG
Size:  139.4 KB
      After a small chit chat and a photo session we headed towards Ilvala in the country roads. The roads were pretty bad but the scenery was great. We found a small stream and cooled our self at the stream. Reached Hunsur at around 14:45 hours and had a good meal at a near by hotel.

Name:  PC300024.JPG
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  PC300034.JPG
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:  PC300037.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  40.0 KB

Name:  PC300045.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  145.3 KB

Name:  PC300064.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  60.1 KB
      The ride getting slower and slower and we maintained a steady pace through out,The fatigue was shown clearly and we took number of breaks after Hunsur which made our ride bit slower than before!

Soon after we crossed Periyapatna it started drizzling and we took a long break of 15 mins at Kundanahalli. This was when we were in dual mind whether to continue our ride or take some lorry or bus to reach our destination. But with a strong will to complete the ride we started again and reached Coorg Border( Kushalanagar) at 17:25 hours.

Name:  PC300076.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  PC300073.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  5.3 KB

We were mentally prepared right from the beginning for the continuous never ending climbs! We headed slowly and reached Suntikoppa at 19:00 hours. When we reached there the known shopkeeper was shocked to see me in this attire and was referring me to SHREEKUMAR (http://www.shreekumar.in/) who had done a bicyle ride to his uncle's place which is 2 km from my house).This was the deviation point for us and i had a good 8 km of downhill from here where in Hari had another 25 km out of which 15 km was killer uphill till Madikeri. We parted after a small break and i reached my home at 19:15 hours and took hot water bath which gave me some energy.

Name:  PC310080.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  116.5 KB

Hari reached his home at 21:00 hours and this was an great end for the ride. Slept like a log till next morning and was back in the saddle for a small recovery ride inside the estate which bought back my childhood memories where i used to cycle a lot inside the estate and near by places!

Felt great after the ride and returned back to Bangalore. Rode till Suntikoppa and then boarded a private bus to reach Bangalore.

Stats:

Riders: Ramprashanth and Harishankar
      Rides: Schwinn Sporterra and Btwin Triban Trail -- Both Hybrid bikes
      Route; Bangalore-Chennpatna-Maddur-Mandya-Srirangapatna-Belagola-Ilvala-Hunsur-Periyapatna-Kushalnagar-Suntikoppa-Madikeri
      Distance: 235 km to My house at Gundugutti Estate in Suntikoppa-Madapura road
      Riding time: 04:45 am to 19:15 hours
      Road condition: Awesome rolling terrain till Srirangapatna and then 15 km till Ilvala with pot holes and then Fine roads till Madikeri with uphills!

Now let the pics do the talking

https://picasaweb.google.com/1034404975 ... Yv-t7fDDA#

Cheers
      Raama

Jeh Jaiye Taha Suhele!!

Awesome

raama, now I know for sure that you are right guy

Congrats once again on this awesome ride!!
      On 2 wheels - "Building my dream garage, one at a time!!" (2001 Yamaha RX135 4spd, 2009 RE Thunderbird TwinSpark, 2013 Honda Dio, 2016 RE Himalayan)
      On 4 wheels - "Let's go wheeling!!" (1985 MM540 XDB 4x4, 2000 Bolero SZ+ 4x4)

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Thanks a lot paaji. We know each other for sure LOL

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

Great ride!! I too wish to ahve such a resolve to complete this type of ride on bike(cycle). Now only I m getting started to buy cycle. Hope will do this type of ride myself.
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Tremendous achievement. COngrats on doing this. Many more plans are in the pipeline I guess Right??
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

O_o

Awesome

Bangalore to Coorg.. on a Cycle!!!!

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cbvijay View Post
      Great ride!! I too wish to ahve such a resolve to complete this type of ride on bike(cycle). Now only I m getting started to buy cycle. Hope will do this type of ride myself.
      Thanks. It is always fun to be in bicycle. I enjoy alot. it gives a chance to enjoy mother nature.

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      Tremendous achievement. COngrats on doing this. Many more plans are in the pipeline I guess Right??
      Thanks a lot. Yes next month once again i am riding to Madikeri with other friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      Bangalore to Coorg.. on a Cycle!!!!
      Thank you godfather. It was indeed a great ride

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by raama View Post
      The result!!! Completed the ride to Coorg with flying colors in 14:15 hours!including breaks

Unbelievable Man... Dude, well done!!!
      A lion lurks in everyone’s heart; awake him not.

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

WOw !! Mind-blowing and its your true spirit that gives success to you.

Keep up the same spirit. Looking forward for more achievements like this
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by junaid View Post

Unbelievable Man... Dude, well done!!!
      Thanks a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep View Post
      WOw !! Mind-blowing and its your true spirit that gives success to you.

Keep up the same spirit. Looking forward for more achievements like this
      Yes. The passion for cycling took me till there. 250 km in a day. The timings of 14:15 hours was including the butt break, lunch break some rest at few places.
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information