• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Ford Endeavour Extended warranty

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Ford Endeavour Extended warranty

Hi All:

My Endeavour's (4x2 2008 model) 2 year warranty period will expire next month. I have driven the car for ~48k kms. So far no issues with the car and I have not spend anything additional other than the standard service cost which is 5k usually. MPL Ford Chennai is giving me a offer for extended warranty for 2 more years/80,000 Kms for a fee of 17,000. I plan to go for this extended warranty.Here are the details I would like to know.

* Is it possible to negotiate and extend the kilometer limit to 1 lakh? I have already driven 48k and in next 2 years it will be close to 1 lakh on the odo. The dealer says warranty period and its fee are decided by Ford and no way can be changed.
      * Any Endy owners here who had already opted for this and found this useful? My Ikon had power steering problems couple of times and was replaced under warranty. I have seen power steering problems widely reported in Ikon and Fiesta too. Are there any such known issues in Endy?

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

I would hazard a guess that you would not have much trouble in the coming years simply because it has held up till now. I have heard of complaints by others, but nothing earth shattering.

About further extending the extended warranty, I do not think that is possible, because as they said, it is decided by Ford India, and not by the dealer.

And 17K is not very cheap, but it is good if that covers everything. Just check out the fine print to see what is excluded?
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Awesome

Ford Endeavour Extended warranty

Hi:

Thanks for the response. Attached is the document containing what is covered and what is not.[attachment=0:3ml7fcv9]Ext war Terms & Condition.JPG[/attachment:3ml7fcv9]
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ext war Terms & Condition.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	754.8 KB 
ID:	3315  

Awesome

I went ahead with the extended warranty. Just wanted to be on the safer side if something goes wrong. My Ikon had problems with power steering and was replaced under warranty(extended). Power steering,AC are potential mechanisms to fail.

Thread Information