• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: JVC Head Unit.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

JVC Head Unit.

SQ wise which one is good i.e. JVC KD R926 BT or JVC KD X50BT. The price difference around Rs. 5000/-. Is it worth going for 926 BT. Other than CD, Time Alignment and 5 pre out voltage. Any other difference between 926 or X50 BT. Any significant to 5 V preout for SQ wise setup. In www.crutchfield.com, they have given 5 star for X 50 BT. Now CD's are almost obsolete. Looking for a honest opinion.

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rameshiyer View Post
      SQ wise which one is good i.e. JVC KD R926 BT or JVC KD X50BT. The price difference around Rs. 5000/-. Is it worth going for 926 BT.
      IMO if it fits in your budget then yes it is a wise long term investment ... you would have all the features to support and use a lot of equipment of different performance levels ..

Other than CD, Time Alignment and 5 pre out voltage. Any other difference between 926 or X50 BT.
      Two HU's from the same brand can even have different quality of CD Transport, DAC, DSP and host of other things that are not visible externally nor are mentioned in the specifications ..

Any significant to 5 V preout for SQ wise setup.
      depends on the quality of the pre-amp in the HU ... a 2V pre-out from a good quality HU will any day out perform even a 5V pre-out from an average HU .

coming to the JVC, the 5v pre-out is a good quality one for sure ... high pre-out voltage keeps the noise at bay and sends a good healthy signal to the amplifier to amplify ..

Now CD's are almost obsolete. Looking for a honest opinion.
      honestly, the Audio CD is still one of the best quality methods to good sound quality ...

compressing a 70MB ( approx ) audio track to a 7MB mp3 file will have a lot of degradation of quality .. not saying that mp3's are totally bad ( the convenience is high ) but then they cannot replace the ACD if SQ is what you are looking at ..

With the 926BT, you have a good advantage that the HU plays WAV files from the USB ... WAV files made from ACD's or FLAC files quite good and cheap and easily available and do-able ( many free conversion softwares on the internet ) and all you need is to invest in a good USB drive ( 32GB should cost you 1.8k or less )

But no, CD's are not obsolete ... good music and good quality music is the best upgrade/addition that you can make to any setup and this alone solves tons of problems/lack of quality that a lot of people feel in their setup and upgrade without a second thought ..
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

Slow Coach

Awesome

Replaced the stock 2 DIN Kenwood DPX4070 with 1 DIN JVC X50BT. The Bass is much better than the Kenwood .
      For 6500/- a Car Audio with Bluetooth is VFM.

The Kenwood has SRS WOW Audio Technology. http://www.srslabs.com/content.aspx?id=482
      The emphasis is more on the Vocals & Highs. Often the Bass get drowned & cannot be increased individually.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jvcx50bt.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	87641

In X50BT, the Bluetooth works seamlessly with my android Motorola Fire XT.

It does not have CD & Audio Time Alignment compared to the JVC R926BT. Time alignment is only required if you are too much into acoustics.

X50BT has the same Parametric Equalizer as in R926BT which is good in boosting the 3 defined frequencies each in BASS, MIDDLE & TREBLE audio spectrum.

X series is the newer models from JVC & the R series is discontinued.
      Last edited by eapen; 13th Jun 2012 at 13:51.
      Slow Coach

Slow Coach

Awesome

Check this thread on JVC R926BT http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?6...d-r926bt/page4

Another difference I can see is that there are only 4 AUX outs for X50. The Rear AUX out can be switched between Subwoofer out.

The 2 DIN Kenwood with CD & vintage Cassette Tape drives weighs 4kg whereas the the JVC less than 1kg with the USB !
      Last edited by eapen; 13th Jun 2012 at 14:07.
      Slow Coach

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by eapen View Post
      X50BT has the same Parametric Equalizer as in R926BT
      The R926 has a 5 band EQ. Time alignment actually makes a good difference to the sound stage. The 926 also lets you set the X'over frequencies for each stage. But the biggest advantage is that the R926 allows WAV playback from USB. I find a world of difference in the SQ with WAV. Go for it if the budget allows.

But that being said, the X50 is the best VFM bluetooth HU out there.
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2014 Mercedes Benz B180 CDI | 2008 Skoda Octavia

Slow Coach

Awesome

X50BT also plays WAV format (WMA). JVC Mobile Entertainment \ KD-X50BT - KD-X50BT \ Features

Lower quality encoded MP3s sound distorted while boosting initial High frequencies (10Khz). Since most songs shared are in MP3 format, WAV would be for true audio enthusiasts who take the time & trouble of ripping from original CDs.
      Last edited by eapen; 13th Jun 2012 at 16:45.
      Slow Coach

Awesome

JVC Headunit

Let me know the latest price for JVCX50 BT and JVCKD 926BT.

Awesome

the latest price for JVCX50 BT
      Even I'm curious. Its available for 6.5k on carplus.in. Is it the best price for it?

Also, I'm currently using an Alpine 9870. I'm very satisfied with its SQ and the levels to which it can drive my comps (I'm running my comps directly off the HU) The JVC will at least match the SQ and the drive of the 9870 right?
      *Now with red horns!

Awesome

http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/t/23757.aspx

it says this has problems with the sub output. Anyone running this HU with a sub?
      *Now with red horns!

Awesome

*Now with red horns!

Thread Information