• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bajaj Pulsar 150 Dtsi or TVS Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge - which is better

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

I also agree. RTR180 is the one you can go for. But somehow I like Pulsar the most may be due to the fcat that I own it from past 7 years
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

Yes the first things you should do if you plan on getting the Apache 180 ABS is upgrade to better tyres. The tyres which comes from the factory are rubbish and scary while taking sharp turns or breaking.

Pio
      80PRS | 7" Tablet | DigiOne Signature| AP New NZ6W | AP NZ3 | Biketronics BT4180 | Focal 33v2 | RF T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Bajaj Pulsar 150 Dtsi or TVS Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge - which is better

I think TVS apache 160 is better than The Bajaj pulser 150 because TVS apache is very high 160CC engine, good pick up, very nice tyre and low maintainance and Bajaj pulser is 150CC engine, normaly pick up and high maintanance. TVS apaches 160 has good average by The Bajaj pulse 150 dtsi.

Global Moderator

Awesome

Somehow nowadays I am liking the Unicorn dazzler in 150cc. BUt now Honda has left 150cc CBR also. I don't know how much it will take the pie away from the Bajaj and TVS. Time has to say.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by krishnakumarp45 View Post

Dear All,

I'm planning to buy an 150 cc bike.

Preferring Bajaj Pulsar 150 Dtsi or TVS Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge.

My expectations are good engine reliability, low maintenance,long vehicle life, mileage - 50 kmpl in normal driving conditions.

So please suggest a better bike from the above two bikes which will meet my expectations..

All advices are welcome...
      p150 is better option for you

2016 FORD FIGO 1.5D 2017 AMEO
      1.5D

Awesome

I have ridden my 08 Apache 160 for more than 26k km till date. My daily commute in these years have been 3 kms most of those days. Almost 19000 kms were ridden while going on numerous 320 kms(one way) rides at 90-105kmph from college(PG) to my native upto 2010 after that my bike is virtually standing still in my shed.
      I have ridden the pulsar, unicorn, dazzler, cbz extreme for a few hundred kms each in these years and wont find fault with them(except for some minor niggles in pulsar - tolerable). But I dont feel they are as robust as Apache if you will be putting hard miles like me.

If you are into riding hard and long with stability and agility in one package Go for apache.

Drink Triple, See Double, Act
      Single!

Awesome

I have owned Apache as I fell for its exhaust note.

My friend has owned Pulsar and fell off it twice escaping serious injuries.

Both are Technical Disasters.

Cheap on price as well as quality.

Highlights of Bajaj Pulsar: Hard clutch, Notchy gearbox, Alloy wheels prone to crack, Mirrors and Indicators falling off, Poor service, etc.

Highlights of TVS Apache: Too much vibrations, Wobbles at high speeds, Non Linear power output, Poor service, etc.

Value your life.

Please do not waste your money.

Go for Yamahas or Hondas or Suzukis and then you will realize what does 'Value for Money' mean?

But, if you still want an Indian Brand, Hero CBZ Extreme / Hero Hunk are just about perfect.
      Last edited by Amar Jadhav; 5th Jan 2013 at 21:15.
      The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

FORD FIGO TITANIUM TDCI (2013)

MARUTI SUZUKI WAGON R LXI (2011)

Global Moderator

Awesome

But now after seeing the way Yamaha are handling the YZ series (IIRC), I would suggest that itself rather than P150 or TVS RTR

I am insane to b sane....

Awesome

P150 has its own beauty... its a good commuter bike with speed, agression and style. It is in the market now for more than 12 years. Parts are cheaply and readily available. Yamaha and TVS both are good but till they are running. Parts are costly and not easily available. Two fo my friends have Apache , they are waiting for more than 3 months now for parts. Well yamaha has got smoother engine than TVS and bajaj but all bikes are good when you are maintainig it. Nothing is perfect dude so end of the day all has its own pros and cons so it depends on individual taste for which you want to go for. Yamaha and Honda are coming off with more and better options but myself riding bajaj and honda simultaneously I faced issues with Honda when it came to parts. I g3et my biky for servicing at ever 2500 kms , oil change at every 1200km, tire pressure check once in a week. I ride atleast 80kms a day. Completed 10K in 6 months. Till date no issues with my P150. Good with Honda too, except the parts issue.
      B Insane to B Sane.....

Enjoying the refinement of
      ANHC

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
      In my opinion if you are looking at a commuter bike with reasonable amount of comfort Pulsar 150 it is .If you want to have some fun ,with better reliability and lower maintenance cost Apache it is.
      Just a gentle suggestion from my 20 Years Biking Experience.. "Don't try to make fun with Bikes Specially in City and unknown roads.. Its just the younger brother of Yamraj" a miss of 1 micro second can make the life hell.

Don't take it otherwise, Just a Suggestion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krishnakumarp45 View Post
      I'm planning to buy an 150 cc bike.

Preferring Bajaj Pulsar 150 Dtsi or TVS Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge.

My expectations are good engine reliability, low maintenance,long vehicle life, mileage - 50 kmpl in normal driving conditions.

So please suggest a better bike from the above two bikes which will meet my expectations..

All advices are welcome...
      Not to confuse you but Pulsar is a nice bike with a proven track record of around 12 Years on Indian Roads.. Style ... No one is ahead I think. choice is yours
      Thanking you
      Deb
      https://www.facebook.com/smartdebabrata
      Honda City i-VTEC | Bajaj Pulsar 180 UG5, 2018
      Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 | Ford Figo TDCi | Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi UG 4.5 2012 | Yamaha Gladiator 125 | Yamaha YBX 125 | Yamaha Crux | Yamaha Rx 100

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information