• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cosworth

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Cool Cosworth

Hi guys,
      Im getting my Swift diesel remapped...
      M so excited about it..
      Well I heard somethin about Cosworth in another forum that so n so comapany is giving performance ugradation thru ECU remaps, den i talked to Cosworth people who guided me in n out abt remapping n nw m goin for it...
      Cosworth Engineers are in Banglore in April 1st week.
      Vrroooom!!

N guess what!!!??
      Dey jus charge 16K for remap...
      Wt els u cud expec from company like cosworth to offer u more??
      Come on, i mean its more dan enough less money for a performance enthu...
      Last edited by shishirbn; 12th Mar 2012 at 14:28. Reason: Merging back to back post.

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T. View Post
      Hi guys,
      Im getting my Swift diesel remapped...
      M so excited about it..
      Well I heard somethin about Cosworth in another forum that so n so comapany is giving performance ugradation thru ECU remaps, den i talked to Cosworth people who guided me in n out abt remapping n nw m goin for it...
      Cosworth Engineers are in Banglore in April 1st week.
      Vrroooom!!
      Congrats Buddy ! It shows how much you are exited about doing remap of your car.

Lets us know about your experience after remapping is done. mclaren1885 was using Swift D before, i guess he would have remapped it. You can get more idea's about the remapping from him.
      Dey jus charge 16K for remap...
      Wt els u cud expec from company like cosworth to offer u more??
      Come on, i mean its more dan enough less money for a performance enthu...
      That sounds cheaper for a remap. See through that it is powerful enough, they should not compromise in performance for 16k. If they do then its no use of doing that. Ask them what is the difference between 16k in cosworth and 40k+ in Pete's tuning. If they cant help you in that, experts here can help you out here.
      Congrats again !!
      Last edited by Pradeep; 12th Mar 2012 at 14:18.
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

do let us know how your remapping goes dude. ask Cosworth for dynamometer graphs too. they also make great products called Turbo Ecabulators and Canooter Valves. bolt on upgrades for a lot more power that will go perfectly with the ECU remap.

good luck.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Thanks dude, I will check out d things with them...

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      Turbo Ecabulators and Canooter Valves
      LMAO

PS: Decided to bring this post up since some people seems to have taken evil bonda's sarcasm seriously. Or may be this is just 007's way of winning the battle against SMS lingo.
      Last edited by Digital Vampire; 16th Mar 2012 at 11:07.
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion.” --Edmond de Goncour

is aware that he can set his
      status here ... ;-)

Awesome

Thanks dude, I will check out d things with them...
      hey Mr.T. did you get that swift of yours remapped? Could you share more details?

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Why almost on every thread on GH there is fighting among the members or instances of someone making fun of others? It is sick and does not look amusing at all.
      maybe i can interpret what is going on, thing is that 16k for a proper remap is a lil unrealistic, take for example most of the aftermarket tuning boxes available(good ones) cost 18k and upwards(pete's cost somewhere around 32k), anybody will tell you that a remap is much better than a tuning box, since tuning box's rely on misinforming and the ecu and bumping up rail pressure or increasing injector pulse, remaps are conducted on a dyno with a tuner, and one session lasts typically from 4-6hours depending on the tuners finesse, dyno time ranges from 6000/- rs per session to 3000rs/ per hour(red rooster performance), please do not misunderstand me, i am all for cheap remaps, but that statement is illogical and seems that the quotation is for a tuning box and not for a remap, the only credible remap of a swift ddis has been done by kiirus if memory serves me right and is quite more expensive(80k maybe more), so though 007 's sarcasm is not misplaced and is with reason
      Last edited by blackhorn; 13th Apr 2012 at 12:36.
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by blackhorn View Post
      emaps are conducted on a dyno with a tuner, and one session lasts typically from 4-6hours depending on the tuners finesse, dyno time ranges from 6000/- rs per session to 3000rs/ per hour(red rooster performance), please do not misunderstand me, i am all for cheap remaps, but that statement is illogical and seems that the quotation is for a tuning box and not for a remap, the only credible remap of a swift ddis has been done by kiirus if memory serves me right and is quite more expensive(80k maybe more)
      99% or may be even 99.9% of remaps in India are done without any sort of access to dynos.
      Many tuners claim to have dyno access and has tuned hundreds of vehicles on Dyno and hence does not need access to dyno for the same type of vehicle/engine. But I'd take such babble and confidence with a BUNCH of salt unless it comes from a tuner with at least 10 years of credible experience in the diesel tuning industry.
      Last edited by Digital Vampire; 13th Apr 2012 at 13:33.
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion.” --Edmond de Goncour

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
      99% of remaps in India are done without any sort of access to Dynos.
      Many tuners claim to have dyno access and has tuned hundreds of vehicles on Dyno and hence does not need access to dyno for the same type of vehicle/engine. But I'd take such babble and confidence with a BUNCH of salt unless it comes from a tuner with at least 10 years of credible experience in the diesel tuning industry.
      i understand and appreciate what you mean, a remap in context is the fine tuning of a engine to the driving style of the operator/driver, if that variable is eliminated and one remap would suit all, dyno time would be unneccesarry, every engine is different and a proper remap requires dyno time, but you're right, i am living in the world of ideals, while the reality in our country remains that cars are tuned/remapped on the road within 15mins, whats even worse is that we pay more and still get sub standard services and products
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

missing posts moved here: GearHeads India

sorry for all the confusion blackhorn.
      Last edited by 007; 13th Apr 2012 at 13:43.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information