• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Civic 2.0 - A Beast

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Honda Civic 2.0 - A Beast

SO we got this car on January 19, 2006. Apparently time has flown by so quickly that its already 6 years old. After 6 years, it has done 78,000 kms. My Civic is a tad different from the indian Civic:
      - Mine has got a 2.0 litre engine.
      - Mine comes with bigger rims and tires.

and thats it really. The 1.8 litre mill in the indian(the thais also get this) civic produces some 130-odd horses where as the 2.0 litre mill produces 155 horses. Also the 2.0 engine got 28 kgm of torque.

How does it feel to drive?

Well, there is a huge lag of power in the lower parts of the rev range. Like seriously short. In 'D' mode, its pretty darn annoying in stop start traffic. But there is a solution to this, which is to shift it in to the 'S' mode which is the paddle-shifts mode. Now the paddles really really help to diminish this problem and if one is in the right gear at the right time, this thing will FLY! No really, it moves quite rapidly. And as you guys must be knowing, the paddles are an absolute joy to use. Also it doesnt upshift automatically at the redline which is another boon.

Also another plus point about the Civic's huge fun-factor is its handling. Okay, the Lancer EX can outhandle it but then the Mitsu is really one of the finest handling 4 dour saloons they ever made. The Civic can match up the Mitsu but then to match it up, its a must to get a tire change because the one that Honda supplied to the initial batches(mine is from the initial batches) is an eco tire. So its not really too good at the limit. Also the limit is easily reached which can be frustrating at times. However, the newer batches get nice Michelins where as mine is a Goodyear.

As you guys know, the Civic is one of the smarter looking sedans out there. Like really, it completely bowled us down the moment it came out and that explains why we booked it just 2 days after it was launched. The interiors are a nice place to be as well though there are some signs of wear and tear around the inside.

The F.E i'm getting is around 8-9 kmp/l in bumper to bumper traffic. That is though when i am driving. When Mom drives it, average is around 7-8 and when Dad drives it, the average is around 5-6 kmp/l. The highway F.E is around 13-14, which is quite decent i feel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	333.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	75011

Name:	334.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	75012

Name:	339.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	75013

Name:	342.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	75014

Name:	346.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	75015

Name:	347.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	75016

Name:	351.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	75017

Name:	353.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	75018

Name:	358.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	75019

Name:  0512091111.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  66.2 KB

Name:  0512091122.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  dsc04227m.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  162.8 KB
      Last edited by mclaren1885; 13th Mar 2012 at 20:01. Reason: Attachments placed Inline

Wanderer
      Roadtrips and rides!!

Awesome

Dude, never knew you had posted an ownership report too!
      Amazing car the civic is and the 2.0 sure would've made it amazing to drive too.

I get around the same FE from my 1.8 A/T though.
      BTW what color is that, in the first pic it has a bluish shade while in the rest of them it looks black?
      Yamaha R15 V2.0 (2012) - Bliss @ 7000 RPM!

"My circumstances don't make me who I am, they reveal who I have chosen to be."

<3 E90

Awesome

Guys help i am having indian Honda civic . i am buying Weapon R For my honda civic Air Filter . it is best option than k&N or not
      Do Advice me for that
      Last edited by Deep Handa; 19th May 2012 at 07:30.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Techiemechie View Post
      Dude, never knew you had posted an ownership report too!
      Amazing car the civic is and the 2.0 sure would've made it amazing to drive too.

I get around the same FE from my 1.8 A/T though.
      BTW what color is that, in the first pic it has a bluish shade while in the rest of them it looks black?

yes bro its black only. but over the years the paint has lost its shine.

Awesome

a few thousand kms back, had to get the rear wheelbearings changed. i could hear some humming the back left corner and hence took it to Honda and it was detected as wheelbearings. got both in rear changed for 6,000 baht.

also during that same service, got the right ORVM fixed because a biker hit it and it used to also vibrate.

Awesome

back with the Civic now after 2 months with the Xylo. Naturally it was really dirty when i came back so gave it a quick wash today morning. Name:  423435_10152030339255503_948315671_n.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  99.2 KB

Awesome

is it possible to change the rubber beadings on the doors and all? it seems that they have worn out and excess noise is coming in.

Awesome

right now car is 80,102 kms. still revvs to redline like a new car. 7 years down the line, still a great drive.

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Hey mugen...ur living in the land of Mugenized Hondas n u've kept ur civic completely stock...why ??
      i mean even ur handle suggests otherwise...but nevertheless love ur car n that stonker of an engine...i wouldve never even looked at the 1.8 if he had this 2.0 engine.
      Btw...how is the new 2012 Civic doing in thailand...on terms of sales ??? R people liking it over the previous one...I dont think so...no ??
      11' BEAT LT TCDI | Back to Stock ICE :-(

CIVIC MUGEN RR | Milano Red | TEIN SS | Lenso Raiden Project D "Spec C" | Dunlop Direzza DZ101 | Dynamat Extreme | FatMat

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchit87 View Post
      Hey mugen...ur living in the land of Mugenized Hondas n u've kept ur civic completely stock...why ??
      i mean even ur handle suggests otherwise...but nevertheless love ur car n that stonker of an engine...i wouldve never even looked at the 1.8 if he had this 2.0 engine.
      Btw...how is the new 2012 Civic doing in thailand...on terms of sales ??? R people liking it over the previous one...I dont think so...no ??
      Sanchit, the reason why my car is bone stock is because it isn't under my full ownership. It belongs to Dad. He doesn't like any mods whatsoever. We were close to getting a lip spoiler during delivery but Dad backed out in the last moment. The urge to modify is too much but I have to soldier on. This indeed a stonker of an engine. It has one of the most rev-friendly natures i have seen in an engine, especially with the paddles, its real good fun to drive on long empty straights.

New Civic 2012 is doing fairly decent numbers. Its not really that hated here. Though all reviews suggest that its been tuned more for comfort now instead of handling in favor of more customers since people here love comfort more than handling. Thats another reason why the Altis and the Nissan Sylphy sell so much. Just 2-3 days back, Honda launched new Civic Hybrid. let's see if that can dethrone the Prius.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information