• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Civic VMT to Mugen RR

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Civic VMT to Mugen RR

Hey..guys, as most of you know i was on a lookout for a used 2009/10 facelift civic for quite some time now but was unable to get one for a good price.
      Only when i was in the market for one...i got to know that civic still enjoys good resale value compared to it's elder sibling Accord...this is in Delhi/NCR. Don't know about other cities.

Had everything planned for it...the first and for most was the ICE( see signature)...had been procuring my ICE equipments for months now.

Then i decided to let go the 2009/10 civic and look for a pre-facelift civic and mod it inside out as i always wanted to tastefully mod n customize my car at least once.
      Always, the car which came in my mind to mod was a civic due to it's aftermarket support as being a tuners favorite across the world.

Cut to 2012..i finally ended up buying a 08' White Civic 1.8v MT from Delhi done 39k in immaculate condition with complete service history with honda and everything.

Newayz lets come to the point...now i am finally fulfilling my dream to get my Civic Mugenized...and it's getting the Mugen treatment from where else but Autopsyche.
      I got so charged up for this mod that I've ended up postponing my ICE install...sorry ICE'nuts.

Newayz...I don't have the pics right now...but would surely post few pics of the WIP n so on...though the car has been at Autopsyche for the past 10 days now...so lots of work has already been done. But, would click some WIP pics n post em.

For starters...here is the list of mods being done to the car...

The Car :-
      2008 HONDA CIVIC 1.8 V MT

The Primary mods:-

MUGEN RR MILANO RED PAINT JOB
      MUGEN RR BODYKIT - front n rear bumper inluding side skirts.
      MUGEN RR REAR SPOILER - This is the true Mugen RR 4 piece spoiler n not the Type R 3 piece one which people classify as Mugen RR spoiler.
      TEIN SS SUSPENSION - Complete Coilover suspension for Civic

Tit-bits :-

Genuine JDM Red H logos - Front, Rear n Steering wheel.
      3M Scotchprint Carbon Fibre wrap - front grill, Rear Spoiler ( only the top centre part )
      Mugen RR Logos - Front n Rear
      Genuine Type R Engine Start Switch
      Mugen Pedals
      Mugen RR Projector Fog lamps

Well...this is it for now...as far as i remember. Well no alloys for now...don't have cash left...that would be the next phase. So for now just getting the Stock Alloys painted Gloss Black...to gel with the overall look of the car.
      Few Performance mods are also planned maybe a CAI n Dual Performance Exhaust...but at a much later stage.

Trying my best to make it look right...to the T...so just picture the actual Mugen RR.
      11' BEAT LT TCDI | Back to Stock ICE :-(

CIVIC MUGEN RR | Milano Red | TEIN SS | Lenso Raiden Project D "Spec C" | Dunlop Direzza DZ101 | Dynamat Extreme | FatMat

Secret

That's a very tasteful list of mods.stock rims with gloss black finish seems ok but what tyres have you got?

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Hey thanks avinash...well the tyres too are stock size. But might change em temporarily to a lesser run michelins/bridgestones as the stock goodyrs have done 40k n have become hard n noisy.

I know stock tyres/alloys won't do justice...but cant help it...shortage of vitamin M n unavailability of the alloys chosen...

CIVIC MUGEN RR | Milano Red | TEIN SS | Lenso Raiden Project D "Spec C" | Dunlop Direzza DZ101 | Dynamat Extreme | FatMat

1st VBOX in India outside of
      Car Magazines was imported by
      me

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchit87 View Post
      so just picture the actual Mugen RR.
      cant. I want pictures of your car.

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Hey 007 I would've posted the pics of the car if i had em. Most probably would click few on monday/tuesday when i go there to c my car...if i do would definitely post em.
      Nwayz...by next weekend I'll b getting the car home...so would click as many pics as i like n post em.

1st VBOX in India outside of
      Car Magazines was imported by
      me

Secret

looking forward to it Sanchit87. this should be quite a head turner.

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Well...i sure hope so...
      The stock alloys/tyres might spoil the whole "head turner" look...

No BOOM only BASS

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchit87 View Post
      The stock alloys/tyres might spoil the whole "head turner" look...
      They will.Civic without alloys wont suit the rest of the look.
      ||Source-Panasonic BottleHead (Tube)||Amp(1)Mosconi Class -A|| Speakers- Gladen Zero Pro PP|| Gladen Speaker Cables and Interconnects||Kenwood Kos -A300||Amp(2) Rockford Fosgate T1000 bDCP& Subs-Rainbow Vanadium x2||

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Hey Nikhil Sharma...well it won't be without alloys...it'll b stock alloys n i am getting them painted gloss black for now.
      I do know that they won't look as good as 17 inchers...but for now have to live with it. To b honest while moving they won't look half bad...its only at standstill they won't look as good as a spanking new 17" wheels.
      The next upgrade are the wheels n tyres...don't forget...no ICE for now...concentrating on getting the car absolutely perfect...
      At least on 15 inchers i can get a feel of TEINS without worrying much about the small potholes or road undulations...on gurgaon roads. I can really push the car...u know...to get the feel of the new setup without worrying about getting my alloys or tyres damaged...

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Hey guys....apologize for the delay in posting the pics. The car is still WIP n going for my first test run tomm...would surely give u guys a sneak preview tomorrow.

Have also finally ordered the 17" LENSO PDC in white...it's a special order just 1 set from Thailand. hope to get it by this month end.
      But the install is few months away...am left with no cash for the new tyres...never knew tyres wouod be so F***** expensive.

Fngers crossed...should get the car by next week. It took 2 whole months...phew
      Last edited by Sanchit87; 11th May 2012 at 19:36.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information