• Secret
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great April 1st Speaker Debate

Stark Industries
      Opinion are like Assholes,
      Everyone has one

Hungry

Cool The Great April 1st Speaker Debate

Heard a Dyna and L6 today for quite a long time. Both completed their run-in's both in their primes... both with same ACD.

Have to say this, The Dyna sucks big time... its just a name nothing more than that compared to the L6. The L6 are in a range of their own.

Last edited by 007; 2nd Apr 2012 at 22:06. Reason: thread forked from http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?5982-frankmehta-s%AE-Fiesta-S-Now-with-3-HORNS!&p=187719
      Alto --- Lets Go.... but where ???

Drives the CONTESSA of this
      century and knows it!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Gump View Post
      Heard a Dyna and L6 today for quite a long time. Both completed their run-in's both in their primes... both with same ACD.

Have to say this, The Dyna sucks big time... its just a name nothing more than that compared to the L6. The L6 are in a range of their own.

It's not that bad dude. Relatively yes, when compared to the L6. But they are in no way just a name. They sound fantastic when given sufficient power and a good quality source. They don't have the superior range or finesse as the L6 but having owned both, I'd say the Dynaudio MW160 is a very competent speaker.
      The L6 trumps it in all aspects. It's a beautiful speaker. Quite unlike a lot of forum boners being recommended world over. Hybrid audio does fantastic drivers and I shall recommend them to anyone without a doubt. I'm going to try the Imagine range as soon as I get the chance. Imagine components and imagine subwoofer powered by an Auditor amp. Let's see how that pans out.

Stark Industries
      Opinion are like Assholes,
      Everyone has one

Hungry

frankmehta right to the dot. I was just expressing how i felt the moment i auditioned both.

It might just because everyone was just praising the Dyna as if its the end of SQ.... but when i had a good audition of it today. I was like what the **** is this and why is this like this...then why so much hype . Rather the L6 was a silent killer . I did not mean to say that its bad or something like it, but its no way near to the L6.

I need more LOLs now
      Last edited by IronMan; 1st Apr 2012 at 14:40.
      Alto --- Lets Go.... but where ???

Music first!

Hungry

I need more LOLs now
      Gump,

I LOL'ed cuz I thought this was an April Fool's joke!

Seriously though, I found your post amusing not because you have an opinion, but rather because it was a bit vague. You didn't mention which car this was, or what the rest of the system is. We don't even know if this was one of the Dyn fakes going around.

That said, Any high end product needs to be installed 'properly' to get the most out of it. Unfortunately, people confuse that with good installation practices. Sadly, that's the least of our worries.

The Dyn MW160/162/GT (since we're on the subject) were designed to produce serious performance in a tiny enclosure, such as a kick panel. They can do fantastically well in small (volume) doors too. But put them in large volume doors and you will get a very different performance. Of course, other factors like power, source etc all have a big role to play. But I'm guessing your evaluation was based mostly on the in-door bass performance of the drivers.

The problem is, most people with a budget for high end speakers dont consider their cars acoustics before they buy a product. They would like to acquire a brand name, Dynaudio. Very often we're told, if I have 50k to spend why should I even consider any other speaker from you, I will simply go for the Dyns. Trust me, it gets hard for them to accept that there are other speakers that will meet their needs better based on their equipment and their car's limitations.

I can demonstrate how a 5K midwoofer can outperform the Dyns. Of course, the Dyns will be in a wrongly suited enclosure/environment. However, installed in the RIGHT enclosure, the Dyns have the capability to simply annihilate the competition. This is exactly why these products need to be installed by people who know what they're doing. If high end audio was simply a matter of plonking a midwoofer on a spacer ring, life would be so simple for us.

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

I need more LOLs now
      there. sorted. now say "Thank You".

\ m/ \ m/

Awesome

Gump No Offense but what Singh Gunbir said is right. Have a read at this thread. I have no idea how many times I've read that thread. hydra personaly auditioned that setup, and when I asked about it he was speechless .
      Ford Classic 1.4 TDCI TITANIUM
      Alpine CDA-117 + PXA-H100 | Dynaudio Esotec 242GT | Image Dynamics CTX65 | Image Dynamics IDQ12D2V3 |
      Rainbow Germanium Four | Alpine MRP-M1000 | AIV Silvarado

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Gump, what you heard was a system and not just a pair of speakers. Let's not rush to pass judgement on any component in the ICE chain unless you have auditioned it in multiple setups in different states of tune. Is the shape of your head and body the same as the guy who tuned it or for whom it was tuned? Even that will determine how the system will sound. Having said that, there is no automatic choice for any speaker at any price point. There will always be relatively obscure speakers at a lesser price point that can kick butt under the right install circumstances.
      I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

StarScream
      You don't say...!!!

Awesome

Gump got Bumped!!

But yeah, the points are valid; one particular install does not define a component.
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

Is now aware that he can set
      his status here.

Awesome

...The Dyna sucks big time... its just a name nothing more than that compared to the L6. The L6 are in a range of their own.
      There's nothing wrong with stating what you liked and what you didn't, but I don't think you quite put it properly.

Just because you liked the L6s more, there is really no reason to describe the Dyns the way you did.

Also, I'm sure you must have listened to enough setups now to understand that different kit sound different in different setups and different cars. Try installing a gazillion dollar pair of speakers in a Suzuki Swift without damping the doors and see how they sound. Then damp the doors and substitute those speakers with entry-level speakers from any decent brand and then see how the setup sounds. I guess you understand what I mean. And this is just one variable in the equation.

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Singh Gunbir View Post
      I can demonstrate how a 5K midwoofer can outperform the Dyns.
      so then what's the purpose of actually buying a dynaudio ?? just for teh badge ??

or do you state that install is all that matters ??
      SCROSS DDiS 220..
      Owner : Dream Audio

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information