• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TATA Motors replacing Anti-roll bar bush on Manza free of cost; No, this is not a recall :)

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

TATA Motors replacing Anti-roll bar bush on Manza free of cost; No, this is not a recall :)

Tata Motors is at it again and this time too, the car and utility vehicle maker claims that the “replacement exercise” it is undertaking on the Manza sedan is not a recall. Coming straight to the point, Tata Motors is replacing the anti-roll bar bush, a vital component of the car’s suspension, on all Manza sedans, free of cost. Tata Motors’ dealers and authorized service centers are carrying out the repairs during the time when the Manza sedan is brought for the regular service. The customer need not pay anything for this replacement exercise.

This replacement/recall exercise will include all the Tata Manza sedans sold till date in the Indian car market. So, if you own a Tata Manza sedan or know anyone who owns one of these spacious and value-for-money cars, ensure that you get the anti-roll bar bush changed a the earliest. Meanwhile, here’s official comment from the Tata Motors spokesperson, who while denying the recall, chooses to call the whole exercise a replacement,

We are replacing a plastic component called anti-roll bar bush which is connected to the suspension of the car. I am not aware of any complaint from customers and we are replacing it free of cost. We are not recalling the Manzas. We are just changing the part as and when the cars are brought to the service centers by customers.

While it is one thing that Tata Motors Limited is showing a high amount of maturity by recalling the Manza sedans to replace this important component, the automaker not calling this a recall only highlights the deeply rooted fear that Indian automakers are having, of calling a spade a spade. The only plausible reason could be that of Tata Motors wanting to avoid the embarrassment of admitting that a component in its car has been faulty all this while.

This peculiar behavior isn’t just limited to Tata alone, which has recalled many cars in the past as well. The first generation Indicas were recalled for fixing many issues and so did the first generation Nano, for replacement of starter motors. Even Bajaj Auto refused to call the Bajaj Pulsar starter relay recall, well, a recall. Instead, the motorcycle maker went on to call it a replacement exercise. Time for the corporate communication boys to come out of the closet and call a recall, a recall?

Source - ICB
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Noob Question... Is this due to some Manzas alignment troubles that I have read in a few cases?
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

manza_sufferer & urban_gypsy - Is that the fix for your left pulling??

machi vijay - Do note
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post

machi vijay - Do note
      Thanks Vijay. This may be the solution for this problem. Not sure. This weekend I have appointment for 2nd service. Will enquire then about this part replacement.
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Manza sufferer has already sold his manza & got the new desire. I am not sure if that is the solution they will be providing to solve the left pulling problem, The dealer is not giving me much information as to what solution have they found he just want my car for 1 day they claim that they have done it to 2 cars.
      Ranjan
      ------------------
      Manza Aura Abs+, FE 22kmpl.

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by urban_gypsy View Post
      Manza sufferer has already sold his manza & got the new desire. I am not sure if that is the solution they will be providing to solve the left pulling problem, The dealer is not giving me much information as to what solution have they found he just want my car for 1 day they claim that they have done it to 2 cars.
      urban_gypsy: In the TAI forum, Peter has told that this bush has already been replaced for him in December. But this news is now only published. No idea whether this will solve the left pulling problem. Also these Dealers or Tata will not accept their problem and will not reveal what this part replacement will solve. If this solution solves the left pulling problem its great.

Awesome

machi vijay
      In my manza these bushes were checked when Pune team was here the 2nd time in August 2011 & they found them to be newer batch where as Peter's manza is older 2010 batch so it seems that these bushes may be needed in his car but even with older bushes he never faced left pulling problem earlier.
      Ranjan
      ------------------
      Manza Aura Abs+, FE 22kmpl.

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by urban_gypsy View Post
      Manza sufferer has already sold his manza & got the new desire.
      So he is no more a Manza Sufferer. Would become Desire Lover now.

Global Poster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      Noob Question... Is this due to some Manzas alignment troubles that I have read in a few cases?

machi vijay - Do note
      Thanks for you guys concern. Looks like this has nothing to do with the left pulling problem. Below is a quote from a member who got this part replaced 3 months before. This is from TAI forum where we Manza owners discuss our problems:

"It is just a redesign to avoid it becoming dry and worn out early. AFAIK, it has nothing to do with left pulling/correction"

Awesome

ah finally. when i was in india in december 2011, i had taken my uncle's manza to servicing and they did change this bush. very sure that it was this very one but they did it free of charge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information